Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Supplies

Hi all,

I have found a source of plastic spools and R60 welding rod from Telsagenx but the shipping cost is $90 to the UK which is more than the cost of the order! Are there any other recommended suppliers of these parts, perhaps in Europe or UK itself?

Thanks

Jules
    'Consciousness came First'

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
    Hi all,

I have found a source of plastic spools and R60 welding rod from Telsagenx but the shipping cost is $90 to the UK which is more than the cost of the order! Are there any other recommended suppliers of these parts, perhaps in Europe or UK itself?

Thanks

Jules
    Hi Jules --

On this thread they were talking about different welding rods and what's available in your part of the world.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...p?t=265&page=2

At the bottom of page 2 it talks about "G3" welding rods and what they are made of is somewhere in between a
    R45 and R60 welding rod.

-- James

Comment

Originally posted by James McDonald View Post
      Hi Jules --

On this thread they were talking about different welding rods and what's available in your part of the world.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...p?t=265&page=2

At the bottom of page 2 it talks about "G3" welding rods and what they are made of is somewhere in between a
      R45 and R60 welding rod.

-- James
      Thanks James.

Ideally I would like to find a supplier in UK or Europe as delivery is around $100.

Jules
      'Consciousness came First'

Comment

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
        Thanks James.

Ideally I would like to find a supplier in UK or Europe as delivery is around $100.

Jules
        Find something like this: https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=HV&i=S7 Steel shot #7 - retains no magnetism whereas the welding rod does. That means faster switching times - when the switch goes off, that magnetic field disappears - not so with the welding rod. Welding rod is easy and simple to work with and you can shape the end of it how you want so that is a benefit in case you want it protruding from the bobbin, but the steel shot has more air space. Spray it with acrylic let it dry and there is your dielectric layer - lots of those microspaces to cram the flux into - so inductance remains fairly constant throughout the ramp up.

There's plenty of bird hunting in the UK so I'd imagine you can get this kind of shot shell - not sure if you need a license or whatever.

Pour it into the core and pour some epoxy to set it up and you're good to go.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi everybody,
          I found this chart about welding rods categories..
          Looks like R60 in Europe is the G2, R60-G is G3 and R45 is G1..
          In Europe you can find them easily on eBay

Check it out

Click image for larger version

Name:	W.RodsChart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	50117

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
            Find something like this: https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=HV&i=S7 Steel shot #7 - retains no magnetism whereas the welding rod does. That means faster switching times - when the switch goes off, that magnetic field disappears - not so with the welding rod. Welding rod is easy and simple to work with and you can shape the end of it how you want so that is a benefit in case you want it protruding from the bobbin, but the steel shot has more air space. Spray it with acrylic let it dry and there is your dielectric layer - lots of those microspaces to cram the flux into - so inductance remains fairly constant throughout the ramp up.

There's plenty of bird hunting in the UK so I'd imagine you can get this kind of shot shell - not sure if you need a license or whatever.

Pour it into the core and pour some epoxy to set it up and you're good to go.
            Hi Aaron,
            looking for similar steel balls in Italy, very very difficult to find shotgun steel balls.But there are manufacturers of steel balls for bearings. There are different quality of balls, spec. 304 is the one
            that is looks ok ( "almost non magnetic"), could it do the job for us ?
            Is the size important or 2,38mm / 2,70mm work well too ?
            Better smaller or better larger than N.7 (2,5mm) ?

All the best

claudio

Comment

Working...
            X