Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: ZFM Advanced Explorations

All sounds great! Here are a few pics showing where im at. I have inly been at this since buting yiur presentation last week. Much more to come.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Txn4sG5omBEW8Q

I have five of those neo disc magnets stacked for each pole - NSNS config.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joster; 08-17-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joster View Post
    All sounds great! Here are a few pics showing where im at. I have inly been at this since buting yiur presentation last week. Much more to come.

good looking setup.
    Cant spend it when your dead.

Hey Joster

You are off to an excellent start with your build. The 3D parts in your pics look great and are beefy, for sure. When you get around to it detail the coil wire #AWG used (#18?) and Neo size.

The turn-on voltage spike on the o-scope looks to be fairly healthy...

Thanks for sharing your progress,
    Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

I uploaded more pics and vids of my progress so far at the same link here...fyi....

the wire gauge is 22AWG and each coil is about 8 ohms

the magnets i used are here:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there are five of these disc magnets stacked for each pole

If you where to imagine a larger ZFM how would it look? larger rotor and coil with more poles? maybe multiple rotor and coils?

If you where to imagine a larger ZFM how would it look? larger rotor and coil with more poles? maybe multiple rotor and coils?
    The ZFM design should be scaleable to a larger rotor diameter. The question about multiple coils/poles becomes a bit more complex if one is to use the original Bedini concept. Going to 6 poles changes the rotor magnet Neos to opposing polarities similar to Ron Coles work - remaining true to the Bedini magnet/coil config would require an 8 pole rotor.

From last year, the initial trials of the Ron Cole opposing polarity rotor Neos using a 2 pole rotor (N-S config) demonstrated somewhat different operational characteristics. In essence, a simplified experiment of his 6 pole design. This experiment will be run again this fall for a more thorough look at the opposing polarity design.

The timing and duty cycle of the coil energized period are critical.

So is there a tangible difference between both approaches? To be determined.

BTW all your pictures documenting your build in one folder is a nice touch. I do have a number of other ongoing projects that are occupying my attention, so any replies on topic may be somewhat delayed and as time permits.

Keep up the good work Joseph,
    Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Hi Yaro,

As I wait for the components to arrive from Digikey to build the Bipolar Switch, I got to thinking about how I will mount the devices to a heatsink. I don't plan on the transistors getting very hot but want the safe guard there incase something happens. Anyway, from looking at Peter's ZFM build, the transistors seem like they are just glued to the heatsink somehow. I'm not sure how exactly they are attached but am wondering if anyone here has any insight into that.

Also, regarding the circuit construction, I see that the leads of all components are as short as possible and everything is soldered together with no PCB. Would it really be that bad to design a PCB with large trace width and minimal trace length? I mean, with EasyEDA its so easy to do. I will likely try both but wanted to bounce this off the forum aswell.

Lastly, referencing my model ZFM, what would be the best direction to go in as far as adding a generator on the shaft? Should I just print myself a small axial generator? Or wait till my next larger build and try a dc motor or car alternator?

Thanks for your help.

-J

Hey Joster,

The original YZFM BP switch used a 1/4" thick Aluminum plate with a thermal glue for the transistors and subsequently James McDonald designed a PCB for the ZFM. He had a quantity of them built and still has them on hand. I will touch base with him if you are interested in a ready made one. I have been using this BP board for the YZFM experiments and the heat sinks work! Better yet, try the contact Link below:

james.mcdonald@teslaenergytech.com

As far as driving a gen or whatever with the ZFM, well get the puppy running and see how much power your build will develop and then take it from there.
    Last edited by Yaro1776; 08-28-2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: add link
    Yaro

great thanks! I will reach out to James.

great thanks! I will reach out to James.
    Hi Joster --

The above pictures are coils I wound for my ZFM and the measurements I took from them. The other picture is the two rotors I had built of which
    one of them still has round N52 magnets on it but they were 1/2 inch thick. The other rotor was modified later on and 1 7/8 inch by 1 inch by 1/2 inch N52
    block magnets were added. I hope your build goes well because the more people doing these experiments the more data we will have as to what works
    best.

Good Luck and have Fun with this ZFM build.

-- James
    Attached Images Attached Images