Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increased RPM by placing Cored coil underneath Main Coil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    Hi everyone...

Faraday, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic but it doesn't matter weather you use a rectifier or not it lights the bulbs with or without it. Initially I only used it to see how much power was being extracted from the coil windings.

There's a few other coils I've got that I've tried with this technique but they haven't got enough weld rods protruding out of the end so it looks like that makes all the difference.

Anyway, something else interesting. I put my LED array across it straight into the windings. Now it lights it both ways But the anode into the positive side of the coil is much brighter.

So stucking LED's across bit like what Gary said. It does light them very bright and in time to the micro-switch cap dump. Looks a bit freaky with the light out. Bet the neighbours think I'm dabbling with the Ouija board...

Anyway, here's the latest vid.. if I think of anything else I'll be back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwPeQFsWQU

bye for now!
    Fair enough... but the video is'nt so clear..hence would still need the schematic to share you my views and way ahead...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
      Fair enough... but the video is'nt so clear..hence would still need the schematic to share you my views and way ahead...
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      Thanks Patrick for your kind words.. Hopefully there will be some use for it for someone.

Faraday, I've just drawn the diagram out. Hopefully it will be clear enough.

Oliver
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Patrick for your kind words.. Hopefully there will be some use for it for someone.

Oliver
        Hi Oliver,
        First of all, thanks for your immediate reply on my doubts... I have here below attached your schematic with some of my assumptions in it..
        1) I assume the coil underneath is series connected (aidding) like in a genny coil,
        2) Why would you need a light bulb (DC light bulb) for the coil shorting..as depicted in your ciruit..?
        If you have read the advanced SG book... this is exactly what peter lindemann tells us that the SG wheel is suppose to incresse in RPM with the inclusion of the genney coil..but in that occasion in the conference of 2106 there was no observable increase in the RPM... but yours did!! and thats good news..you have stumbbled into getting it right.. with the difference in that your genny coil is not in the field of direct induction with the moving magnets..!!
        I assume A and B are power and its trigger coils (in my redrawn circuit)
        and C and D are the coils underneath of genny coil type.. your clarification please on this..
        Rgds, Click image for larger version

Name:	20171029_185131[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	49617
        Faraday88.

Comment

Oliver
          I misinterpreted your interest in coil shorting, my apologies.

So I had some time this morning to test this out.
          Got my wheel up to speed and added the coil, each time I add the coil my wheel slows down. Tried with and without a load on the extra coil, both using LED's and Bulb and without.

tried a few different coils both as the main power coil and the extra coil - same - the wheel slowed down. Then I remembered something you said. when you discovered this. You mentioned it was on a wheel that was having some problem getting up to speed or something to that effect.So, I increased the resistance to the base of the transistor, dropped into 3 spikes per magnet, added the second coil and bing-bang-boom my wheel sped up!
          I have no time to check for efficiency and the other phenomena of lighting up a bulb... but will get to this and some other things.

Nice find! and of course THANKS FOR SHARING :-)
          Kind Regards

Comment

Faraday,

sorry slow reply. That's about right but I'm not actually using the trigger windings on my coil. Sorry if my drawing on my diagram was a bit out. Only the power windings on the coil that I'm using on the coil on the underside. Sorry if this wasn't clear. Not sure what would happen if I did... you could try with and without I suppose.

Good drawing by the way! better than my attempt.

Hi Oliver,
            First of all, thanks for your immediate reply on my doubts... I have here below attached your schematic with some of my assumptions in it..
            1) I assume the coil underneath is series connected (aidding) like in a genny coil,
            2) Why would you need a light bulb (DC light bulb) for the coil shorting..as depicted in your ciruit..?
            If you have read the advanced SG book... this is exactly what peter lindemann tells us that the SG wheel is suppose to incresse in RPM with the inclusion of the genney coil..but in that occasion in the conference of 2106 there was no observable increase in the RPM... but yours did!! and thats good news..you have stumbbled into getting it right.. with the difference in that your genny coil is not in the field of direct induction with the moving magnets..!!
            I assume A and B are power and its trigger coils (in my redrawn circuit)
            and C and D are the coils underneath of genny coil type.. your clarification please on this..
            Rgds, [ATTACH=CONFIG]6549[/ATTACH]
            Faraday88.

Comment

Excellent work Patrick.

Yes your right. My problematic wheel I've since got rid of it. The wheel was the main reason why I increased the resistance. Or I'm now using it on the other SG but as a slave rotor to aid the mechanical switching so there's now 2 - 26" bike wheels and a primary rotor working off one SG 3 wheels. I'm running with the smaller wheel but I've gotten rid of the bike bearings and have substituted them for Skateboard bearings the Abec 3 type... I've just ordered some Abec 9 steel and some ceramic bearings to play around with on future builds.

Its funny you mentioned efficiency Patrick. Something I managed to do that I've not been able to do before since adding the coil. I managed to fully charge two of my Ni-Cad batteries from one single charged 12v 12amp/hr Lead Acid battery as the power battery. That's with the coil underneath. So it looks like that particular setup is more efficient with it than without. Mind you if I try and remove it it complains and self oscillates until I put it back, even decreasing the resistance makes no difference. Though its 600 Ohms per circuit.

I've gone electronic cap dumping on that one for now.

Since playing with this and observing the intensity of the LED's that I put across the added coil and not to mention the sticking that occurs in my Micro-Switches when I raise the Resistance it just goes to show a lot more Radiant comes through and at higher voltages the higher up you go on the Resistance scale. I actually managed to fry a LED with the coil underneath by increasing the resistance. Not to worry though, I've got plenty more to fry. Damn near blinded myself too... but its all good!

Great work Patrick and Faraday.

Oliver

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
              I misinterpreted your interest in coil shorting, my apologies.

So I had some time this morning to test this out.
              Got my wheel up to speed and added the coil, each time I add the coil my wheel slows down. Tried with and without a load on the extra coil, both using LED's and Bulb and without.

tried a few different coils both as the main power coil and the extra coil - same - the wheel slowed down. Then I remembered something you said. when you discovered this. You mentioned it was on a wheel that was having some problem getting up to speed or something to that effect.So, I increased the resistance to the base of the transistor, dropped into 3 spikes per magnet, added the second coil and bing-bang-boom my wheel sped up!
              I have no time to check for efficiency and the other phenomena of lighting up a bulb... but will get to this and some other things.

Nice find! and of course THANKS FOR SHARING :-)
              Kind Regards

Comment

Excellent work Patrick.

Yes your right. My problematic wheel I've since got rid of it. The wheel was the main reason why I increased the resistance. Or I'm now using it on the other SG but as a slave rotor to aid the mechanical switching so there's now 2 - 26" bike wheels and a primary rotor working off one SG 3 wheels. I'm running with the smaller wheel but I've gotten rid of the bike bearings and have substituted them for Skateboard bearings the Abec 3 type... I've just ordered some Abec 9 steel and some ceramic bearings to play around with on future builds.

Its funny you mentioned efficiency Patrick. Something I managed to do that I've not been able to do before since adding the coil. I managed to fully charge two of my Ni-Cad batteries from one single charged 12v 12amp/hr Lead Acid battery as the power battery. That's with the coil underneath. So it looks like that particular setup is more efficient with it than without. Mind you if I try and remove it it complains and self oscillates until I put it back, even decreasing the resistance makes no difference. Though its 600 Ohms per circuit.

I've gone electronic cap dumping on that one for now.

Since playing with this and observing the intensity of the LED's that I put across the added coil and not to mention the sticking that occurs in my Micro-Switches when I raise the Resistance it just goes to show a lot more Radiant comes through and at higher voltages the higher up you go on the Resistance scale. I actually managed to fry a LED with the coil underneath by increasing the resistance. Not to worry though, I've got plenty more to fry. Damn near blinded myself too... but its all good!

Great work Patrick and Faraday.

Oliver
                Hi Oliver,
                i just and just feel that this could be close to the JB patent 'Circuits and related methods of charging a battery'' in a way though.. im still fiddling with those embodiments in that patent though..!..if you focus your attention on the component that is 'like a standard inductor with 200mH as mentioned in the patent text.. is wound around an axis (not shown)' ressembles your kind of set up..is'nt it?? just a thought.. thanks for your compliments in the earlier post
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.

Comment

Your more than welcome Faraday.

I noticed something else interesting tonight. Goes back to what Gary mentioned about maybe not having his secondary coil too close to his primary. I noticed there's a sweet spot. I've been listening to it on my Am radio. I've uploaded another video but this one hopefully is a bit clearer in my thinking.

I'm using more of a basic setup this time to try and show what I'm doing. Now what I did is a little bit later I managed to get the motor to nearly stall and then I moved the secondary coil into place and watched the wheel speed up. So there's a definite rpm increase to doing this. Not trying to extract any work from this one.

In the video I'm just really rejuvenating so I'm not going for the fastest wheel speed. The air gap from the primary coil should show this but still getting pretty good rotation for minimum input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiZy31PbwE

I'm going to continue to play with this...

Hi Oliver,
                  i just and just feel that this could be close to the JB patent 'Circuits and related methods of charging a battery'' in a way though.. im still fiddling with those embodiments in that patent though..!..if you focus your attention on the component that is 'like a standard inductor with 200mH as mentioned in the patent text.. is wound around an axis (not shown)' ressembles your kind of set up..is'nt it?? just a thought.. thanks for your compliments in the earlier post
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

Your more than welcome Faraday.

I noticed something else interesting tonight. Goes back to what Gary mentioned about maybe not having his secondary coil too close to his primary. I noticed there's a sweet spot. I've been listening to it on my Am radio. I've uploaded another video but this one hopefully is a bit clearer in my thinking.

I'm using more of a basic setup this time to try and show what I'm doing. Now what I did is a little bit later I managed to get the motor to nearly stall and then I moved the secondary coil into place and watched the wheel speed up. So there's a definite rpm increase to doing this. Not trying to extract any work from this one.

In the video I'm just really rejuvenating so I'm not going for the fastest wheel speed. The air gap from the primary coil should show this but still getting pretty good rotation for minimum input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiZy31PbwE

I'm going to continue to play with this...
                    Hi Oliver,
                    Thanks man!! that video was a very illustrative one indeed!! nice work !!
                    Here is what have been thinking about... why do'nt we have the bedini wheel at both the ends of the coil in a fasion such that they rotate in counter directions at each end. something like a '8' shape.. the interesting thing is one need not rote the other wheel ..but start with only one ..the other tunnes to the first eventually and picks up speed in essence note the direction of the rotation of each wheel at the respective ends.. Here is the drawing of the same. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171105_120833[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	944.6 KB
ID:	49629.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.
                    Last edited by Faraday88; 11-04-2017, 11:45 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

twin rotor bedini wheels

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iECpikwVY
                      But then you would lose the effect you have discovered?

Have you tuned your wheel to fastest speed lowest ampdraw and THEN added the second coil? Or taken the pulses down to one per magnet pass and Then add the second coil?

the higher pitch sound you hear are multiple pulses per magnet pass.

Kind Regards - Patrick

Comment

twin rotor bedini wheels

Have you tuned your wheel to fastest speed lowest ampdraw and THEN added the second coil? Or taken the pulses down to one per magnet pass and Then add the second coil?

Kind Regards - Patrick
                        Hi Patrik,
                        Yes this is exactly what i was refering to...also the direction of the spin of each rotor and the corresponding polarity of the monopole ..N at one end and S at the other the motion between can be viewed as shape of '8'.... i would like to correct my self..in my previous post i said opposite direction of rotation..which is wrong..the rotation when viewed as '8' appears as the same direction..unless you use same polarity at both the ends of the coil (either N or S) in which case the rotation will be in opposite direction. in the video that you showed the magnets buck each other when they come at rest.. and rotating in same direction suggesting opposite poles used..now is the crux... how about one end with stationary magnet and the other with rotating.. the Full patent has some thing to do with it i guess.. nonetheless thanks patrik for this experimental demo video.
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.
                        Last edited by Faraday88; 11-07-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hiya Patrick and Faraday and everyone..

Sorry late reply. Yes I have tried that and am playing with it. I've have tried it on a few different ones. There's one in particular that's giving me interesting results that's probably got more to do with the rotor build and bearings.

Do you know the 3 pulses that you get at the start when you've given the rotor a spin but not enough for it to properly take off.... where it signifies when you know you've tuned your motor correctly? (silly question I know you do!) well I've got a rotor that will just hover at those 3 pulses if the added coil is inserted at a particular angle 45 degree's I suspect. Its prevented from over accelerating or from dropping its speed bellow the point where it slows to a grinding halt.

It won't maintain rotation on this particular rotor without the added coil so I think this has got something to do with it too so I'm boosting it just enough to maintain it at the 3 pulses like you get at the start. Too close it over-accelerates....too far away it slows to a halt!

I can keep it at that point. The draw is miniscule but the output is not. I was able to fully charge one of my ni-cads with a tiny amount of amp draw and still have enough power to take the power battery and charge another battery on a different SG. This is just timing I've been playing with. I'm going to play with this some more over the weekend and I'll upload more video's on it if anyone's interested?

The other thing that I noticed with it too which really blew my mind is I can tune the primary coil/sg with the remote coil (not sure what else to call it) I discovered this by accident.. on a particular build I was experimenting with because the added/remote coil's ne-2 neon was firing if the core was held at a particular angle...it was firing enough to worry me enough to put a bulb across incase I killed the circuit on the remote coil.

Sorry to go on for so long... I know this is just ramblings but I'll upload more video's on it and let everyone know when they're ready. Thanks for all your input! Even my bear's been scratching his head!

Oliver

twin rotor bedini wheels

Kind Regards - Patrick

Comment

Hiya Patrick and Faraday and everyone..

Sorry late reply. Yes I have tried that and am playing with it. I've have tried it on a few different ones. There's one in particular that's giving me interesting results that's probably got more to do with the rotor build and bearings.

Do you know the 3 pulses that you get at the start when you've given the rotor a spin but not enough for it to properly take off.... where it signifies when you know you've tuned your motor correctly? (silly question I know you do!) well I've got a rotor that will just hover at those 3 pulses if the added coil is inserted at a particular angle 45 degree's I suspect. Its prevented from over accelerating or from dropping its speed bellow the point where it slows to a grinding halt.

It won't maintain rotation on this particular rotor without the added coil so I think this has got something to do with it too so I'm boosting it just enough to maintain it at the 3 pulses like you get at the start. Too close it over-accelerates....too far away it slows to a halt!

I can keep it at that point. The draw is miniscule but the output is not. I was able to fully charge one of my ni-cads with a tiny amount of amp draw and still have enough power to take the power battery and charge another battery on a different SG. This is just timing I've been playing with. I'm going to play with this some more over the weekend and I'll upload more video's on it if anyone's interested?

The other thing that I noticed with it too which really blew my mind is I can tune the primary coil/sg with the remote coil (not sure what else to call it) I discovered this by accident.. on a particular build I was experimenting with because the added/remote coil's ne-2 neon was firing if the core was held at a particular angle...it was firing enough to worry me enough to put a bulb across incase I killed the circuit on the remote coil.

Sorry to go on for so long... I know this is just ramblings but I'll upload more video's on it and let everyone know when they're ready. Thanks for all your input! Even my bear's been scratching his head!

Oliver
                            Hi Oliver,
                            Im delighted to here from your experiments....looking forward for the video that you would post soon..
                            Best Regards,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Faraday, Patrick, Gary etc..

Hope your all well.. I know I've not posted in a while, been busy still experimenting with different configurations switching the Radiant mechanically on the output with the coil placed underneath the main coil. I've also been doing it on the input and dumping a considerable amount of power back into the front side. I've got a video to post soon with my progress and updates. I've built a new SG just for this, very simple in build with ceramic bearings and running through slave rotors to allow the Potential to build before releasing it.

I've moved on quite a bit since last time. I Wasn't ever really satisfied with the micro-switches I found they were just too limited for what I wanted to do so I've been making up my own Rotary Commutators out of junk and whatever's been lying around and so far they've really been delivering the goods. Anyway, I consider it a constant work in progress that's this particular setup. So, thanks for reading... more to come soon with video etc..

Bye for now Oliver..

Comment

Hi Everyone, Faraday, Patrick, Gary etc..

Hope your all well.. I know I've not posted in a while, been busy still experimenting with different configurations switching the Radiant mechanically on the output with the coil placed underneath the main coil. I've also been doing it on the input and dumping a considerable amount of power back into the front side. I've got a video to post soon with my progress and updates. I've built a new SG just for this, very simple in build with ceramic bearings and running through slave rotors to allow the Potential to build before releasing it.

I've moved on quite a bit since last time. I Wasn't ever really satisfied with the micro-switches I found they were just too limited for what I wanted to do so I've been making up my own Rotary Commutators out of junk and whatever's been lying around and so far they've really been delivering the goods. Anyway, I consider it a constant work in progress that's this particular setup. So, thanks for reading... more to come soon with video etc..

Bye for now Oliver..

Hi Oliver,
                                Information in mordern times has overshadowed fruitful time spent on experimentation! the catch is that one cannot eat the cake and keep it too!.
                                internet could be a curse for those who realize this.
                                always remember Dynamic Information is not essentially Knowledge.
                                First-hand experimentation will do away with information that one might seek!
                                the next killer is the software simulations craps...it is highly synthetic 'knowledge'
                                the hope to get things done fast and the rush for this hampers patience which very vital part of experimentation and observation mechanism.
                                if we are to progress in Natural Sciences do not leave it on the machines to do the thinking for you!(even the word Robot means forced labourer or a slave ) My rants here may sound off topic but nonetheless, it is to keep up with the mind over matter interaction in experimental understanding..think over it, please.
                                Best Regards,
                                Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                                X