Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Increased RPM by placing Cored coil underneath Main Coil.

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire UK.
    Posts
    29
    Excellent work Patrick.

    Yes your right. My problematic wheel I've since got rid of it. The wheel was the main reason why I increased the resistance. Or I'm now using it on the other SG but as a slave rotor to aid the mechanical switching so there's now 2 - 26" bike wheels and a primary rotor working off one SG 3 wheels. I'm running with the smaller wheel but I've gotten rid of the bike bearings and have substituted them for Skateboard bearings the Abec 3 type... I've just ordered some Abec 9 steel and some ceramic bearings to play around with on future builds.

    Its funny you mentioned efficiency Patrick. Something I managed to do that I've not been able to do before since adding the coil. I managed to fully charge two of my Ni-Cad batteries from one single charged 12v 12amp/hr Lead Acid battery as the power battery. That's with the coil underneath. So it looks like that particular setup is more efficient with it than without. Mind you if I try and remove it it complains and self oscillates until I put it back, even decreasing the resistance makes no difference. Though its 600 Ohms per circuit.

    I've gone electronic cap dumping on that one for now.

    Since playing with this and observing the intensity of the LED's that I put across the added coil and not to mention the sticking that occurs in my Micro-Switches when I raise the Resistance it just goes to show a lot more Radiant comes through and at higher voltages the higher up you go on the Resistance scale. I actually managed to fry a LED with the coil underneath by increasing the resistance. Not to worry though, I've got plenty more to fry. Damn near blinded myself too... but its all good!

    Great work Patrick and Faraday.

    Oliver








    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    I misinterpreted your interest in coil shorting, my apologies.

    So I had some time this morning to test this out.
    Got my wheel up to speed and added the coil, each time I add the coil my wheel slows down. Tried with and without a load on the extra coil, both using LED's and Bulb and without.

    tried a few different coils both as the main power coil and the extra coil - same - the wheel slowed down. Then I remembered something you said. when you discovered this. You mentioned it was on a wheel that was having some problem getting up to speed or something to that effect.So, I increased the resistance to the base of the transistor, dropped into 3 spikes per magnet, added the second coil and bing-bang-boom my wheel sped up!
    I have no time to check for efficiency and the other phenomena of lighting up a bulb... but will get to this and some other things.

    Nice find! and of course THANKS FOR SHARING :-)
    Kind Regards

  2. #22
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Excellent work Patrick.

    Yes your right. My problematic wheel I've since got rid of it. The wheel was the main reason why I increased the resistance. Or I'm now using it on the other SG but as a slave rotor to aid the mechanical switching so there's now 2 - 26" bike wheels and a primary rotor working off one SG 3 wheels. I'm running with the smaller wheel but I've gotten rid of the bike bearings and have substituted them for Skateboard bearings the Abec 3 type... I've just ordered some Abec 9 steel and some ceramic bearings to play around with on future builds.

    Its funny you mentioned efficiency Patrick. Something I managed to do that I've not been able to do before since adding the coil. I managed to fully charge two of my Ni-Cad batteries from one single charged 12v 12amp/hr Lead Acid battery as the power battery. That's with the coil underneath. So it looks like that particular setup is more efficient with it than without. Mind you if I try and remove it it complains and self oscillates until I put it back, even decreasing the resistance makes no difference. Though its 600 Ohms per circuit.

    I've gone electronic cap dumping on that one for now.

    Since playing with this and observing the intensity of the LED's that I put across the added coil and not to mention the sticking that occurs in my Micro-Switches when I raise the Resistance it just goes to show a lot more Radiant comes through and at higher voltages the higher up you go on the Resistance scale. I actually managed to fry a LED with the coil underneath by increasing the resistance. Not to worry though, I've got plenty more to fry. Damn near blinded myself too... but its all good!

    Great work Patrick and Faraday.

    Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    i just and just feel that this could be close to the JB patent 'Circuits and related methods of charging a battery'' in a way though.. im still fiddling with those embodiments in that patent though..!..if you focus your attention on the component that is 'like a standard inductor with 200mH as mentioned in the patent text.. is wound around an axis (not shown)' ressembles your kind of set up..is'nt it?? just a thought.. thanks for your compliments in the earlier post
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire UK.
    Posts
    29
    Your more than welcome Faraday.

    I noticed something else interesting tonight. Goes back to what Gary mentioned about maybe not having his secondary coil too close to his primary. I noticed there's a sweet spot. I've been listening to it on my Am radio. I've uploaded another video but this one hopefully is a bit clearer in my thinking.

    I'm using more of a basic setup this time to try and show what I'm doing. Now what I did is a little bit later I managed to get the motor to nearly stall and then I moved the secondary coil into place and watched the wheel speed up. So there's a definite rpm increase to doing this. Not trying to extract any work from this one.

    In the video I'm just really rejuvenating so I'm not going for the fastest wheel speed. The air gap from the primary coil should show this but still getting pretty good rotation for minimum input.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiZy31PbwE

    I'm going to continue to play with this...



    Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    i just and just feel that this could be close to the JB patent 'Circuits and related methods of charging a battery'' in a way though.. im still fiddling with those embodiments in that patent though..!..if you focus your attention on the component that is 'like a standard inductor with 200mH as mentioned in the patent text.. is wound around an axis (not shown)' ressembles your kind of set up..is'nt it?? just a thought.. thanks for your compliments in the earlier post
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Your more than welcome Faraday.

    I noticed something else interesting tonight. Goes back to what Gary mentioned about maybe not having his secondary coil too close to his primary. I noticed there's a sweet spot. I've been listening to it on my Am radio. I've uploaded another video but this one hopefully is a bit clearer in my thinking.

    I'm using more of a basic setup this time to try and show what I'm doing. Now what I did is a little bit later I managed to get the motor to nearly stall and then I moved the secondary coil into place and watched the wheel speed up. So there's a definite rpm increase to doing this. Not trying to extract any work from this one.

    In the video I'm just really rejuvenating so I'm not going for the fastest wheel speed. The air gap from the primary coil should show this but still getting pretty good rotation for minimum input.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiZy31PbwE

    I'm going to continue to play with this...
    Hi Oliver,
    Thanks man!! that video was a very illustrative one indeed!! nice work !!
    Here is what have been thinking about... why do'nt we have the bedini wheel at both the ends of the coil in a fasion such that they rotate in counter directions at each end. something like a '8' shape.. the interesting thing is one need not rote the other wheel ..but start with only one ..the other tunnes to the first eventually and picks up speed in essence note the direction of the rotation of each wheel at the respective ends.. Here is the drawing of the same. 20171105_120833[1].jpg.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 11-04-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: corrections
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  5. #25
    twin rotor bedini wheels

    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iECpikwVY
    But then you would lose the effect you have discovered?

    Have you tuned your wheel to fastest speed lowest ampdraw and THEN added the second coil? Or taken the pulses down to one per magnet pass and Then add the second coil?

    the higher pitch sound you hear are multiple pulses per magnet pass.

    Kind Regards - Patrick

  6. #26
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    twin rotor bedini wheels

    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iECpikwVY
    But then you would lose the effect you have discovered?

    Have you tuned your wheel to fastest speed lowest ampdraw and THEN added the second coil? Or taken the pulses down to one per magnet pass and Then add the second coil?

    the higher pitch sound you hear are multiple pulses per magnet pass.

    Kind Regards - Patrick
    Hi Patrik,
    Yes this is exactly what i was refering to...also the direction of the spin of each rotor and the corresponding polarity of the monopole ..N at one end and S at the other the motion between can be viewed as shape of '8'.... i would like to correct my self..in my previous post i said opposite direction of rotation..which is wrong..the rotation when viewed as '8' appears as the same direction..unless you use same polarity at both the ends of the coil (either N or S) in which case the rotation will be in opposite direction. in the video that you showed the magnets buck each other when they come at rest.. and rotating in same direction suggesting opposite poles used..now is the crux... how about one end with stationary magnet and the other with rotating.. the Full patent has some thing to do with it i guess.. nonetheless thanks patrik for this experimental demo video.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 11-07-2017 at 06:58 AM.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire UK.
    Posts
    29
    Hiya Patrick and Faraday and everyone..

    Sorry late reply. Yes I have tried that and am playing with it. I've have tried it on a few different ones. There's one in particular that's giving me interesting results that's probably got more to do with the rotor build and bearings.

    Do you know the 3 pulses that you get at the start when you've given the rotor a spin but not enough for it to properly take off.... where it signifies when you know you've tuned your motor correctly? (silly question I know you do!) well I've got a rotor that will just hover at those 3 pulses if the added coil is inserted at a particular angle 45 degree's I suspect. Its prevented from over accelerating or from dropping its speed bellow the point where it slows to a grinding halt.

    It won't maintain rotation on this particular rotor without the added coil so I think this has got something to do with it too so I'm boosting it just enough to maintain it at the 3 pulses like you get at the start. Too close it over-accelerates....too far away it slows to a halt!

    I can keep it at that point. The draw is miniscule but the output is not. I was able to fully charge one of my ni-cads with a tiny amount of amp draw and still have enough power to take the power battery and charge another battery on a different SG. This is just timing I've been playing with. I'm going to play with this some more over the weekend and I'll upload more video's on it if anyone's interested?

    The other thing that I noticed with it too which really blew my mind is I can tune the primary coil/sg with the remote coil (not sure what else to call it) I discovered this by accident.. on a particular build I was experimenting with because the added/remote coil's ne-2 neon was firing if the core was held at a particular angle...it was firing enough to worry me enough to put a bulb across incase I killed the circuit on the remote coil.

    Sorry to go on for so long... I know this is just ramblings but I'll upload more video's on it and let everyone know when they're ready. Thanks for all your input! Even my bear's been scratching his head!

    Oliver


    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    twin rotor bedini wheels

    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iECpikwVY
    But then you would lose the effect you have discovered?

    Have you tuned your wheel to fastest speed lowest ampdraw and THEN added the second coil? Or taken the pulses down to one per magnet pass and Then add the second coil?

    the higher pitch sound you hear are multiple pulses per magnet pass.

    Kind Regards - Patrick

  8. #28
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Hiya Patrick and Faraday and everyone..

    Sorry late reply. Yes I have tried that and am playing with it. I've have tried it on a few different ones. There's one in particular that's giving me interesting results that's probably got more to do with the rotor build and bearings.

    Do you know the 3 pulses that you get at the start when you've given the rotor a spin but not enough for it to properly take off.... where it signifies when you know you've tuned your motor correctly? (silly question I know you do!) well I've got a rotor that will just hover at those 3 pulses if the added coil is inserted at a particular angle 45 degree's I suspect. Its prevented from over accelerating or from dropping its speed bellow the point where it slows to a grinding halt.

    It won't maintain rotation on this particular rotor without the added coil so I think this has got something to do with it too so I'm boosting it just enough to maintain it at the 3 pulses like you get at the start. Too close it over-accelerates....too far away it slows to a halt!

    I can keep it at that point. The draw is miniscule but the output is not. I was able to fully charge one of my ni-cads with a tiny amount of amp draw and still have enough power to take the power battery and charge another battery on a different SG. This is just timing I've been playing with. I'm going to play with this some more over the weekend and I'll upload more video's on it if anyone's interested?

    The other thing that I noticed with it too which really blew my mind is I can tune the primary coil/sg with the remote coil (not sure what else to call it) I discovered this by accident.. on a particular build I was experimenting with because the added/remote coil's ne-2 neon was firing if the core was held at a particular angle...it was firing enough to worry me enough to put a bulb across incase I killed the circuit on the remote coil.

    Sorry to go on for so long... I know this is just ramblings but I'll upload more video's on it and let everyone know when they're ready. Thanks for all your input! Even my bear's been scratching his head!

    Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    Im delighted to here from your experiments....looking forward for the video that you would post soon..
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •