Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Increased RPM by placing Cored coil underneath Main Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Hi Patrick and Faraday..

I'll do that as you asked Patrick with the video. I'm not coil shorting though when I first saw the improvement I first thought of Doug Konzen's explanation of not needing to place coils around the wheel, like everyone does , I only initially did it as a test because I needed to elevate the coil onto something higher to attract the new rotor I was experimenting with. One of the machines was struggling to hit its sweet spot

It might be easier for me to post it on Youtube and I'll offer the best explanation I can and then I'll provide a link on here and let you know when its ready. I'll do that a little bit later but I won't leave it too long. By the way Patrick you do some great video's, amazing stuff with Cap Dumping.

Hi Faraday, are you referring to shaping the magnetic field with a metal plate and using superpoles?
    Hi Oliver/Gary,
    First of i intend to play no games here..sorry if some of them still have that perception about me...
    Ok..comming to the effect.. have you guys tried out running a iron less SSG coil..
    no..im not talking about the window motor.. the core can be placed inside out than what is generally practised.. there is more to learn than there is to discuss..
    Rds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Hi Patrick, Faraday, Gary.

Hi Patrick, sorry slow reply. It did behave the same with the cored spool without the wire. That was the one I tried to begin with. I couldn't tell if there was any difference though. To begin I'd piled up a ton of dvd's underneath the spool which started wandering around once the machine got up running, this was the main reason why I put a spool underneath. Can't for the life of me think why I wanted to try one with a core in it. Glad I did though.

I had a major crash tonight. One of the bearings came off and drove the Cap Bank up to 40v which I'm sure the micro-switch would have loved. Bet my neighbours loved it too! It was really loud! I've used a dvd hot glued to the side of the spool and the bearing is hot glued to that. Its much stronger now... I'm just waiting for the other side to fall off.

Just an update...

There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the windings and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?

Thanks for all your input guys

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    this is very nice! so the supporting coil is completely open and not connected to anything? Did it behave the same using the spool and core without the wire on it? I couldn't tell from what you said in the video.

Sorry If my response to Faraday confused anyone. I completely understood that you did not piggy back.

Oliver, can you tell if there is any interaction/vibration between the two cores? I guess I'll have to get a wheel up and running to test some things out :-) Thanks for sharing this!
    Kind Regards - Patrick

Hi Patrick, Faraday, Gary.

Hi Patrick, sorry slow reply. It did behave the same with the cored spool without the wire. That was the one I tried to begin with. I couldn't tell if there was any difference though. To begin I'd piled up a ton of dvd's underneath the spool which started wandering around once the machine got up running, this was the main reason why I put a spool underneath. Can't for the life of me think why I wanted to try one with a core in it. Glad I did though.

I had a major crash tonight. One of the bearings came off and drove the Cap Bank up to 40v which I'm sure the micro-switch would have loved. Bet my neighbours loved it too! It was really loud! I've used a dvd hot glued to the side of the spool and the bearing is hot glued to that. Its much stronger now... I'm just waiting for the other side to fall off.

Just an update...

There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the windings and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?

Thanks for all your input guys

Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    Appreciate if you could share me a schematic of this episode..
    ''There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the winding and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?''......which is this winding you are referring to..?? i may want to explain in detail what is at work..!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Hi everyone...

Faraday, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic but it doesn't matter weather you use a rectifier or not it lights the bulbs with or without it. Initially I only used it to see how much power was being extracted from the coil windings.

There's a few other coils I've got that I've tried with this technique but they haven't got enough weld rods protruding out of the end so it looks like that makes all the difference.

Anyway, something else interesting. I put my LED array across it straight into the windings. Now it lights it both ways But the anode into the positive side of the coil is much brighter.

So stucking LED's across bit like what Gary said. It does light them very bright and in time to the micro-switch cap dump. Looks a bit freaky with the light out. Bet the neighbours think I'm dabbling with the Ouija board...

Anyway, here's the latest vid.. if I think of anything else I'll be back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwPeQFsWQU

bye for now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    Appreciate if you could share me a schematic of this episode..
    ''There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the winding and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?''......which is this winding you are referring to..?? i may want to explain in detail what is at work..!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Hi Oliver,
    Very nice! Spiky/radiant always finds a way. This is a nice project/find admittedly I have not had the time yet this week to get my wheel running, I will find it this weekend!
    Thanks - Patrick

Hi everyone...

Faraday, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic but it doesn't matter weather you use a rectifier or not it lights the bulbs with or without it. Initially I only used it to see how much power was being extracted from the coil windings.

There's a few other coils I've got that I've tried with this technique but they haven't got enough weld rods protruding out of the end so it looks like that makes all the difference.

Anyway, something else interesting. I put my LED array across it straight into the windings. Now it lights it both ways But the anode into the positive side of the coil is much brighter.

So stucking LED's across bit like what Gary said. It does light them very bright and in time to the micro-switch cap dump. Looks a bit freaky with the light out. Bet the neighbours think I'm dabbling with the Ouija board...

bye for now!

Hi everyone...

bye for now!
    Fair enough... but the video is'nt so clear..hence would still need the schematic to share you my views and way ahead...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Fair enough... but the video is'nt so clear..hence would still need the schematic to share you my views and way ahead...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Thanks Patrick for your kind words.. Hopefully there will be some use for it for someone.

Faraday, I've just drawn the diagram out. Hopefully it will be clear enough.

Oliver
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Patrick for your kind words.. Hopefully there will be some use for it for someone.

Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    First of all, thanks for your immediate reply on my doubts... I have here below attached your schematic with some of my assumptions in it..
    1) I assume the coil underneath is series connected (aidding) like in a genny coil,
    2) Why would you need a light bulb (DC light bulb) for the coil shorting..as depicted in your ciruit..?
    If you have read the advanced SG book... this is exactly what peter lindemann tells us that the SG wheel is suppose to incresse in RPM with the inclusion of the genney coil..but in that occasion in the conference of 2106 there was no observable increase in the RPM... but yours did!! and thats good news..you have stumbbled into getting it right.. with the difference in that your genny coil is not in the field of direct induction with the moving magnets..!!
    I assume A and B are power and its trigger coils (in my redrawn circuit)
    and C and D are the coils underneath of genny coil type.. your clarification please on this..
    Rgds, 20171029_185131[1].jpg
    Faraday88.

Oliver
    I misinterpreted your interest in coil shorting, my apologies.

So I had some time this morning to test this out.
    Got my wheel up to speed and added the coil, each time I add the coil my wheel slows down. Tried with and without a load on the extra coil, both using LED's and Bulb and without.

tried a few different coils both as the main power coil and the extra coil - same - the wheel slowed down. Then I remembered something you said. when you discovered this. You mentioned it was on a wheel that was having some problem getting up to speed or something to that effect.So, I increased the resistance to the base of the transistor, dropped into 3 spikes per magnet, added the second coil and bing-bang-boom my wheel sped up!
    I have no time to check for efficiency and the other phenomena of lighting up a bulb... but will get to this and some other things.

Nice find! and of course THANKS FOR SHARING :-)
    Kind Regards

Faraday,

sorry slow reply. That's about right but I'm not actually using the trigger windings on my coil. Sorry if my drawing on my diagram was a bit out. Only the power windings on the coil that I'm using on the coil on the underside. Sorry if this wasn't clear. Not sure what would happen if I did... you could try with and without I suppose.

Good drawing by the way! better than my attempt.

Hi Oliver,
    First of all, thanks for your immediate reply on my doubts... I have here below attached your schematic with some of my assumptions in it..
    1) I assume the coil underneath is series connected (aidding) like in a genny coil,
    2) Why would you need a light bulb (DC light bulb) for the coil shorting..as depicted in your ciruit..?
    If you have read the advanced SG book... this is exactly what peter lindemann tells us that the SG wheel is suppose to incresse in RPM with the inclusion of the genney coil..but in that occasion in the conference of 2106 there was no observable increase in the RPM... but yours did!! and thats good news..you have stumbbled into getting it right.. with the difference in that your genny coil is not in the field of direct induction with the moving magnets..!!
    I assume A and B are power and its trigger coils (in my redrawn circuit)
    and C and D are the coils underneath of genny coil type.. your clarification please on this..
    Rgds, 20171029_185131[1].jpg
    Faraday88.