Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm posting to share my r-charge 10 coiler after its extensive make over.
    I bought the machine used, but well cared for. I received a lot of help from Tom C, John K and Eric N. The rotor has been replaced with a new acrylic rotor with 20 super-pole north outfacing ceramic magnets. All replacement coils done by Tom are 18 AWG quad wound, one with an 18 AWG trigger. Coil number 10 also has a trigger (18 AWG) I'm not using currently. The boards are from TeslagenX.
    There are three 1/4" copper inductive loops: one for charge pos, one for primary neg, and one for the common primary pos/charge neg. These are attached to the batteries with #6 wire. The ground terminal of each board is attached to its inductive loop with 10 AWG black wire and 3/8" hose clamps. The charge pos terminal of each board is attached to its inductive loop with red 10 AWG wire also with 3/8 inch hose clamps. The common terminal on the boards still has white 12 AWG wire, but I'll replace that with 10 AWG soon. The trigger coil wire is soldered to a heavy duty 50 ohm pot which is soldered to a bank of switches for each board with 12 AWG wire and the switches are attached to the board with the same gauge. I'll replace all this with 10 AWG as well.
    I'm trying to post pictures but I think they are too big for the site.
    It's charging well off of a 215AH 12v bank of 2 golfcart batteries in series. The charge battery is a 25AH marine deep cycle battery. 7,8,9, and 10 coils seems to much for the battery so I keep those turned off and dragging. Optimal charging seems to happen around 420RPM but I can get it much higher turning on all the coils. I think this means I'll be able to use the drag on some of the others to generate electricity while I can add others to keep the RPMs the same. That's what I'll be working on after I get the wires replaced.
    h

Comment

• Nice work Howard! Can't wait it see some pics or video of the beast in action.

John K.

Comment

• Attempt at picture

John,
        I'd love to post pictures. I'll keep trying. Found out I can't do it with quick reply and have been trying to upload to "manage attachments" but none seem acceptable. I'll look for an alternative.
        h

Comment

• Howard, did you click the icon third from the right in Quick Reply that looks like a picture of a tree?

This should open a window to allow you to chose a picture from your computer, or from a URL.

John K.

Comment

• I've been having the same issue John. I e-mailed the webmaster a couple days ago about with the error code but haven't received a response.

I've just been uploaded to my google drive and pasting a link here...but that's not ideal...

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
            Howard, did you click the icon third from the right in Quick Reply that looks like a picture of a tree?

This should open a window to allow you to chose a picture from your computer, or from a URL.

John K.

Comment

• Yes, I get the same error.

Aaron, can you please look into it?

John K.

Comment

• Tom,
                I know it has been a long time since you made this comment, but I was wondering if you could elaborate.
                Is North the stronger, because the magnet was made in the Northern Hemisphere? used in the Northern hemisphere (Thereby biased in that direction)?, or do you suggest some constant atomic bias to generate a field always stronger in the North direction?
                Might be dumb questions but it would be good to get to the nub of the reason.
                Thanks
                James
                Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                the north face is much stronger as VTech said.... north out my friend!

Tom C
                Last edited by James Milner; 11-20-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea "why" .....................................Howard Johnson did extensive raster plots with a custom magnetic gauss computer. he plotted the fields in 3D and north was stronger. my little Chinese gauss meter shows the south only a little bit weaker. John ka and the other aussies and kiwis I know run north also.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Thanks Tom.
                    Great to know about the work that Howard Johnson did.
                    Cheers
                    James

Comment

• Direct Charging to Secondary Bank

Hi to All,

I have notice during the discussion section of Tom C, Chris and Stane that we should not hook the SSG multi coil output to the battery bank because the radient spikes will damage the charging battery (used cap), whereas during the other comment section of Tom to Chris we should hook the output directly to the charging battery (in case of multi-coil) where we cannot use the cap-bank?
                      Can anyone please help me which is the right one for charging battery and why we should not use the cap for battery charging in large bank.

Regards,

Syed

Comment

• Originally posted by sagheerjillani View Post
                        Hi to All,

I have notice during the discussion section of Tom C, Chris and Stane that we should not hook the SSG multi coil output to the battery bank because the radient spikes will damage the charging battery (used cap), whereas during the other comment section of Tom to Chris we should hook the output directly to the charging battery (in case of multi-coil) where we cannot use the cap-bank?
                        Can anyone please help me which is the right one for charging battery and why we should not use the cap for battery charging in large bank.

Regards,

Syed
                        syed,

I am not sure what question you are asking. a large 10 coil can be used to charge a battery bank correctly, or a suitable cap dump can be made to run off a 10 coil to charge a battery bank.... please reference the post number you were looking at.

Tom C
                        Last edited by Tom C; 03-11-2014, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Hi Tom C,

What explains the 'Single turn' Inductance loop formation of the Copper bus bar? has it got to do with the coupling at the other end of the Scalar poles of the coil arrangement?
                          I'm sure it has a Scalar implications ..but I'm baffled ..how..? kindly elaborate it for me..
                          Thank you,
                          Best Regards,
                          Faraday88.
                          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                            Hi Tom C,

What explains the 'Single turn' Inductance loop formation of the Copper bus bar? has it got to do with the coupling at the other end of the Scalar poles of the coil arrangement?
                            I'm sure it has a Scalar implications ..but I'm baffled ..how..? kindly elaborate it for me..
                            Thank you,
                            Best Regards,
                            Faraday88.
                            when the rotor passes thru the gap with the mag it closes the loop... is that what you are referring too?

Tom C

Comment

• Hi Tom C,

Thanks for all your support. Please note post 67 where the discussion is about radient energy.
                              Second as I am using a 48V system for both primary and secondary (Charge battery) source. I have observed that at the output terminal of the coil the voltage is 120V where as at the terminal of the battery the voltage is 55 Volt although the ground reference is the same one for measurement. Why there is a difference in voltage? Could you please help me..
                              Thanks,

Regards,

Syed

Comment

• you are measuring the spike at the collector diode VS the battery voltage... wont be the same ever. PURE Radiant will destroy a battery, you need some component of regular current. a monopole produces both the hi potential spike and current at the same time.

plese post pictures of your set up.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                                X