Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: One-Coil SG 3D

  1. #1

    One-Coil SG 3D

    Hey All. I just wanted to share this simple one-coil SG. The print file is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2551644
    Be Safe and Enjoy! Teslagenx has circuits and coils if needed: http://teslagenx.com/index.html

  2. #2
    So far I am just using 2 of the 7 20 AWG wires. I am using TIP41C transistors, 470 ohm 1/2watt resistors, and 1n4001 & 1n4007 diodes. I chose to go with the "steel shot" core. This is the second project that I have used it in. It works great. With just the two power wires hooked up it is a magnet slinger. Don't forget your packing tape.

  3. #3
    I added a covered magnet rotor to the file. You will see that there are some bolt holes added to it. They are for a pulley system that I have in the works to take advantage of some of the mechanical force.

    I measured the rpm's that I was getting with the setup mentioned in the prior post. (2477 rpm's). That gives me slightly more events per second than the bike wheel with 18 magnets. Obviously I'm losing on the flywheel effect though.

  4. #4
    I added the wheel end caps with pulley and all other parts to accommodate just now. The bolts to use are in the description at: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2551644 The magnet cover for the wheel will greatly improve on safety.

    Doug
    Last edited by DMANN; 10-03-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added video

  5. #5
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    I added the wheel end caps with pulley and all other parts to accommodate just now. The bolts to use are in the description at: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2551644 The magnet cover for the wheel will greatly improve on safety.

    Doug
    Hi Doug,
    Very nice model! would love to see it made it as per the patent 6,545,444 with The Capacitor Discharger, that would need a timing wheel and contact brush to dump the
    discharge into the charge Battery. let me know if you need the controller to switch this discharge.
    thank you,
    Rgds,
    Faraday88
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  6. #6
    Thanks Faraday88. I want to try a variety of discharge methods. I am interested in the SCR. It was discussed in the Intermediate book in conjunction with a neon bulb but the downside was that the bulb polarized after about 20 hours. I have have also seen the SCR used in schematics here: http://www.fight-4-truth.com/schematics.html with the resister and diode in series. Can anyone explain how those components work together to discharge?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    Thanks Faraday88. I want to try a variety of discharge methods. I am interested in the SCR. It was discussed in the Intermediate book in conjunction with a neon bulb but the downside was that the bulb polarized after about 20 hours. I have have also seen the SCR used in schematics here: http://www.fight-4-truth.com/schematics.html with the resister and diode in series. Can anyone explain how those components work together to discharge?
    Hi Doug,
    I love experimentation and finding out for myself what methods work in different situations etc... My 2 cents - the SCR method is crap, JB as much as said so as well. Not sure why it's in the book, even the Negistor method is better.

    Honestly, when it comes to silicon, Bob has one of the most interesting cap dump threads here in this forum. He is using an arduino mosfet combo. Very simple and easy to get started for as little as 10 bucks.

    That being said, I would be interested to see if you or anyone can or has been able to get the SCR working stable enough to walk away from a machine like yours Doug.

    Kind Regards - Patrick

  8. #8
    I have to agree with Patrick, SCR's in a cap dump circuit do not work very good and are hard to keep working as things change.... Mosfets are much better to work with...... and Bob has a good setup going... I've used a Basic Stamp to trigger various Cap dump and back pop circuits...... am working with Arduinos lately, but have not used them for cap dumps yet....

    JB's 741 op amp comparator circuit triggering MOSFETS is one of the best trigger circuits / cap pulser's I have built and tested .......
    Last edited by RS_; 10-06-2017 at 07:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi Doug,
    Very nice model! would love to see it made it as per the patent 6,545,444 with The Capacitor Discharger, that would need a timing wheel and contact brush to dump the
    discharge into the charge Battery. let me know if you need the controller to switch this discharge.
    thank you,
    Rgds,
    Faraday88
    Decided to start out with the manual capacitor dump first. I still need to add the brush contact points and decide on the capacitors. I just wanted to see if the SG had enough torque for the application. There are quite a few other things I need to tidy up on before I release the files but you can see that it is near completion. Here is a video of it turning the pulleys. You can see the top pulley turns the cam about once a second. The base for the small pulleys are 53mm skateboard wheels. I went with the ABEC 5 bearings. Everything turns smoothly.


  10. #10
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    Decided to start out with the manual capacitor dump first. I still need to add the brush contact points and decide on the capacitors. I just wanted to see if the SG had enough torque for the application. There are quite a few other things I need to tidy up on before I release the files but you can see that it is near completion. Here is a video of it turning the pulleys. You can see the top pulley turns the cam about once a second. The base for the small pulleys are 53mm skateboard wheels. I went with the ABEC 5 bearings. Everything turns smoothly.

    Great!!!! it looks like you have introduced some speed reduction to time the Cap dump....but none- the- less it is a beauty!!
    Next: make it perform as good as it looks..yes as per Pat# 6,545,444..i shall post mine...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •