No announcement yet.

One-Coil SG 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soak them in water for a day or so, till they form a patina (rust) on the copper, let them dry, and you have natural insulation from the copper patina. JB told me about doing this early on.
    Last edited by RS_; 11-21-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

An excellent idea, RS. A squirt of lemon juice might be a good idea.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
          this would corrode the rod too much..
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            this would corrode the rod too much..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            I think you are quite right. I was expecting a green layer of a salt. Do you reckon dunking them in a gloss paint is the better move to cut down eddy current issues?
            Last edited by wrtner; 11-23-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
              I think you are quite right. I was expecting a green layer of a salt. Do you reckon dunking them in a gloss paint is the better move to cut down eddy current issues?
              Hey,
              Yes enamel coat is the best way to do it you may dip them in transformer varnish ..but allowing it to rust it in open is free and the best..
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

So I have a couple of these 555 modules coming in today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFO2-gmX5Y & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CU7WszMO0
                I'm following through with the plan to charge the primary while the flywheel spins it using the 555/mechanical relay circuit that JB gave Watson. I was wondering how important it would be, if I am running this circuit from the primary, to isolate it somehow? How did Watson isolate this part of the circuit? I was thinking about using a cell phone charger to accomplish this. My thinking is that the impedance from the transformer in the phone charger will keep the voltage spike from entering that circuit.

Doug
                Last edited by DMANN; 11-27-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

It looks like a simple diode (1n4001) is used. ref: page 35 of the Bedini SG Handbook Intermediate

Comment

Working...
                  X