Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: One-Coil SG 3D

Patrick,
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but i don't know how to start a new one for this Schematic....
    any pointers on how to make a new one....?

figured it out... thanks

I am building a basic SG and the recommended magnets, C8, 2" x 1" x 0.5 are expensive. Will I get sufficient results from ceramic, C8, round 1" dia x 0.3" which cost a quarter of the price?
    Last edited by wrtner; 11-04-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrtner View Post
    I am building a basic SG and the recommended magnets, C8, 2" x 1" x 0.5 are expensive. Will I get sufficient results from ceramic, C8, round 1" dia x 0.3" which cost a quarter of the price?
    These are the magnets that I used for this project: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piec...cks-98406.html They only have a 3lb pull force. They are adequate enough to activate the transistor via the trigger coil. I'm not sure if they are C8, but they are only 99 cent right now for a 2-pack. They are easily sourced as long as you have a HF in your area.

I've used circle ceramics before. They worked. I don't think that it matters too much what the shape of the magnet is that you use. The only one that you may have trouble with is a ring magnet when using a trigger coil. The abrupt nsn or sns that you get with a ring magnet is where the trouble comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    These are the magnets that I used for this project: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piec...cks-98406.html They only have a 3lb pull force. They are adequate enough to activate the transistor via the trigger coil. I'm not sure if they are C8, but they are only 99 cent right now for a 2-pack. They are easily sourced as long as you have a HF in your area.

I've used circle ceramics before. They worked. I don't think that it matters too much what the shape of the magnet is that you use. The only one that you may have trouble with is a ring magnet when using a trigger coil. The abrupt nsn or sns that you get with a ring magnet is where the trouble comes from.
    Here's where I get mine. Best price I've found and very fast shipping. http://www.magnet4less.com/product_i...roducts_id=255
    Gary Hammond,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Here's where I get mine. Best price I've found and very fast shipping. http://www.magnet4less.com/product_i...roducts_id=255
    They look very good. Their web site is a nightmare if you live outside the US (or Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico). I have emailed them and wait in anticipation. Thanks.

iPad 110817 7838.jpgiPad 110817 7839.jpg
    min2oly, sorry to take so long, I promised a week. I hope this meets your expectations.
    Floating FET controller.
    I am using this circuit for the 3 battery split positive to rotate the batteries by solid state.
    It will use 18 of these circuits.
    The Calrad 45-712 audio transformer is .4 x .5 x .6 inches. There is no performance curve available for it. $4.95 each at my local electronics store. I'm running it at 1515Hz. I tried 65KHz and it got warm.
    You can input a +5 volt signal to pins 4 and 8 of the 555 to fire it or for high speed switching I would recommend putting an optocoupler like the 4n36 between C2 and R2 on the plus side.
    The Calrad transformer provides isolation for the power to fire the FET and the optocoupler provides isolation for the signal to fire the FET so the FET can be used totally floating like a relay contact but much faster and longer life. The IRFB7430 FET ($4.00 from DigiKey) has a very low drain to source resistance of 0.001 ohm when turned on by approximately 5 volts on the gate referenced to the source pin. Drain to source voltage is rated 40 volts max. It comes in a TO-220 package so power dissipation is not phenomenal, but doesn't need to be when used as a switch. If you go to the DigiKey website and input a device number it will take you to a page where you can click on datasheet.
    The data sheet indicates it can handle 1000 amp pulses with very little loss. 1000 amps x .001 ohms = 1 volt drop across drain to source so 100 amps would only be 0.1 volt drop. The load (battery) may be placed at the drain or the source pins. The signal must always be on the source (-) and gate (+) during turn on. The 1M ohm resistor across the gate to source is necessary or the FET may not turn off when the signal is removed from the gate. I tested this circuit with only an automotive LED taillight bulb (.090 amps) so far. If you need higher voltage to turn on a different device than the IRFB7430 you can increase the +5 volts on the 555 pins 4 &8. I ran 12 volts for a while. This tiny transformer may not put out enough current to fire a big bipolar transistor which takes very little voltage but lots of current on the base but the same isolation method will work and try the Calrad 45-714. Experiment with the various component values.
    All comments will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post

Hi DMANN,
    The face of a Magnet is where the lines of force are normal to its surface. in a ring magnet the magnetization is done diameterically to the ring geometry..hence if one assume to use the ring magnet same a flat round magnet.it would behave like what you said..NSN or SNS.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

When compiling the core out of 1.6mm dia R45 welding rods, copper coated, is it a good idea to dip them in paint or varnish to reduce eddy currents?

Soak them in water for a day or so, till they form a patina (rust) on the copper, let them dry, and you have natural insulation from the copper patina. JB told me about doing this early on.
    Last edited by RS_; 11-21-2017 at 09:14 PM.