Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: One-Coil SG 3D

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi Doug,
    I did some similar experiments on my medium size machine and had some great results. I did not utilize a heavy flywheel as you are doing but the idea of pausing the primary feed and taking from the freewheeling on a genny coil was what I played with along with shorting the genny. I did a lot more after the video I made but didn't tape any more of it.

    If you have a hard time with the 555 circuit you could try what I was doing which is an Aurduino. You can program the duty cycle however you want with those things. I switched a SSR to do the job but you could also use a FET. It's just a simple switch ON (set time) OFF ( set Time) inline on the primary feed. .

    This is a really long video and that was not the primary focus but if you fast forward to about 10 min you can see it.

    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miF0wz17HLEA4Xrgy
    Bob, That was a great video and an AWESOME machine!!!! I'm probably digging a little in the past with the 555 and mechanical relay. The Arduino certainly seems to be the way to go. With the amount of amps these machines are said to pulse there is also probably a definite need to parallel your switching devices (relay, bht, fet...etc) even on a relatively small device.

    As for the coil shorting with the reeds to get the high voltage peak events on the generator coils...Is that not hypothetically the same thing as what Watson did using the ring magnets to get the fast switching? Chapter 7 of the Advance SG book explains this. Look under "Other Unique Features".

    Doug

  2. #32
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    I have added a 15lb cast iron flywheel to the project. The end goal will be to disconnect the primary using the circuit that Bedini provided to Jim Watson for his machines and then zap the primary with the radiant from the generator coils. I'm going to use the mechanical energy from the cast iron wheel to run the device while the primary is getting fed. Here is the video of the energizer running with the flywheel:
    I should have it running with the circuit for preliminary testing in 2 weeks.

    Doug
    Hi Dough,
    First of all Great work indeed!!! Jim Watson's machine was not switched in the sense of Generating the Radiant Impulse in the SSG way... we all know that right!! but nothing stops you from trying it this way either!... i know it can be done.. but the gist of the entire pursuit is.. what is it that we are after..?? either Torque or Speed but not both from the same 'Source'..for me the John Bedini's 1984 machine is more a precursor to understand all this.. (i feel John gave an improvised iteration that was Cap-dump version to Jim watson and not his original 1984 machine based on Tom bearden Theory of self-powered motor-generator.)
    Its not my intention to discourage Experimenters...on the hind sight,..i intend to give pointers in the direction i have gut feeling and that i also have myself getting results the way i have thought about them...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  3. #33
    Doug,

    Watson was not doing the Coil Shorting technique. on his machine. The magnets / coils just generated a very High Voltage that filled a cap, that was then Dumped into the Primary Battery, while the drive motor is off, (called Back Popping) using a DPDT relay, to switch between the 2 states
    Power Motor / Dump Cap. The duty cycle is a very short duration pulse for the cap dump, and rest of the time is Power Motor...

    Coil Shorting came much, much later, when Kone Head (Doug Kronzen) introduced the technique.

    There is no reason that you can't do coil shorting on your genny coils if you want......
    let me know if you need a coil shorting circuit, and I will show you one with Mosfet Back Popping the Primary battery while disconnecting the Drive circuit......
    Last edited by RS_; 10-27-2017 at 07:27 AM.

  4. #34
    Hi Doug,
    Hey man don't think I am discouraging you from the 555 or the mechanical stuff at all. I think it's great that you want to reproduce the REAL circuits Mr. Bedini gave out and that is very important work. I was only showing you that if you have trouble there is another way. I love your work Doug, you are one of the few that will still step up to the plate and share your ideas and that is really great.

    So I shot a little video that is specifically about coil shorting a genny coil the way I do it. There are other ways but the principal is always the same, short it at the right time and watch it soar.

    I don't want to hijack your thread here buddy but I thought this might help clear up a little on what I was doing.

    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miWZPqHhE6NsuzmUX

  5. #35
    Bob,
    Amazing work again! That print had to be a beast. How in the world did that large rectangle base not curl up on you? The total design seems to be really well thought out. The electrical terminals are really cool too. Your videos seem to explain everything that you are doing clearly. I believe that I have seen this process of coil shorting done by Patrick in some of his work and discussed on another thread. It certainly has peaked my interest at some point. I did some research on Doug Kronzen's work then and saved this pic on my computer: 2swtichedlitz.JPG I have not personally done any experiments with this though so I can not contribute any useful information on it. It looks like something I may try in the future. I am still interested in how Watson was able to get 1800 volts per coil on each event without a make and break or spark.

    Doug
    Last edited by DMANN; 10-27-2017 at 01:14 PM.

  6. #36
    Great video Bob
    Also really lovin your 3d builds, you do a great job explaining things.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    Bob,
    Amazing work again! That print had to be a beast. How in the world did that large rectangle base not curl up on you? The total design seems to be really well thought out. The electrical terminals are really cool too. Your videos seem to explain everything that you are doing clearly. I believe that I have seen this process of coil shorting done by Patrick in some of his work and discussed on another thread. It certainly has peaked my interest at some point. I did some research on Doug Kronzen's work then and saved this pic on my computer: 2swtichedlitz.JPG I have not personally done any experiments with this though so I can not contribute any useful information on it. It looks like something I may try in the future. I am still interested in how Watson was able to get 1800 volts per coil on each event without a make and break or spark.

    Doug
    Hi Doug,
    I am a bit spoiled with my Prusa printer, it is just a flawless machine when it comes to consistent prints. It has self alignment which is huge. I came to the 3d Print game later than most so by the time I purchased one they had really worked out a lot of the issues from earlier machines.

    So how do I get good prints besides the machine? Two things I highly recommend are PETG filament and Ultem film for the bed. The filament has very very low shrinkage so it does not want to curl and when designing things you only have to add .2 to .3 mm to account for shrink. What I mean is say I want a hole to be 5mm, I design it at 5.2mm and a bolt or whatever will fit perfect.

    The Ultem film is really awesome stuff! I replaced my original one with 10mil because I tore it when I didn't know what I was doing but the 10mil one is very rugged. I do not have to prep the surface with anything at all, no tape or glue etc. I clean it with some window spray while it is heating up and that is it. Prints stick like a glove while they are printing and if you let it cool down afterwards you can usually just pull that part right off without a spatula but not always. In any case parts are really easy to get off.

    Here is a link to this magic bed surface, I don't know if you would want to try it on your printer but I swear by this stuff. Thisd is where I purchased mine from, you have to specify which side you want adhesive on, slick or matte. Very good product.

    http://catalog.cshyde.com/viewitems/...rylic-adhesive

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian McNece View Post
    Great video Bob
    Also really lovin your 3d builds, you do a great job explaining things.
    Thanks Brian, I think you posted while I was replying to doug or I would have answered you in the same post. I have some neat stuff in the works that I have not shown the group yet.

  9. #39
    Hi RS,
    I'm interested in your Mosfet Back Popping the Primary battery while disconnecting the Drive circuit......
    can you post?

    Doug, I already posted on UR vid but, beautiful work! Now on coil shorting, I never used a mosfet so am interested in testing it out. One of the best ckts I ever used for coil shorting was the... wait for it... SSG -

    Yes, the SSG - John Bedini's simplified school girl ckt.
    all you have to do is replace the primary with a cap, the cap will charge via transistor (internal diode) and aid in producing more energy than if you just short the coil by itself. you also have to perform a miracle separation of your coil - say what??? kidding, kind of...
    you need a separate trigger coil..... Kind of complicated Patrick, can you make a vid? Well funny you ask:
    https://youtu.be/0leZLxHgST0
    My son discovered this messing around with my stuff!
    first vid showing speed under load using similar method:
    https://youtu.be/e-yWi3VApbk
    Kind Regards - Patrick
    Last edited by min2oly; 10-27-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: fix link

  10. #40
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Doug,

    Watson was not doing the Coil Shorting technique. on his machine. The magnets / coils just generated a very High Voltage that filled a cap, that was then Dumped into the Primary Battery, while the drive motor is off, (called Back Popping) using a DPDT relay, to switch between the 2 states
    Power Motor / Dump Cap. The duty cycle is a very short duration pulse for the cap dump, and rest of the time is Power Motor...

    Coil Shorting came much, much later, when Kone Head (Doug Kronzen) introduced the technique.

    There is no reason that you can't do coil shorting on your genny coils if you want......
    let me know if you need a coil shorting circuit, and I will show you one with Mosfet Back Popping the Primary battery while disconnecting the Drive circuit......
    Absolutely... the need for a DPDT relay is greatly emphasized for this topology of the dump....I feel this method is the same way as in Bedini's Patent 'Pulse Charging a Battery and driving other devices with a pulse'' and so also in the Gray Motor inthe part where the Capacitor is Pulsed discharge into the ''Inductive-Load''
    Most experimenters here are familiar with the Genny coil used in the SSG... even 1000 turns of multi-filar coil spool produces Voltage in the range of few 10s of volts...
    RS pointed out correctly...the key is to produce these Radiant High-Voltages...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •