Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: One-Coil SG 3D

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire UK.
    Posts
    29

    One-Coil SG 3D

    Hi Doug. Really nice work on your Mechanical Pulley setup. The action looks amazingly smooth. Fantastic work.
    Your right about the Micro-Switch and needing to keep the potential discharges down. I've upgraded to a 16Amp switch and a roller but even that shows signs of strain with discharges over 21volts from my 90,000uF Capacitor bank. I'm running with 2 x 26" wheels these days with a slightly larger setup.

    Keep up the great work.

    Oliver

    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    Yes..Please. I would like to see your version. What do you use for the contact points? I have seen where individuals have used copper or brass stripes for contact points. In this recent Youtube video Oliver uses a commercially available micro switch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWt...47_b6QP5Zv9OtA It is only rated for 10 Amps though. That seems like it would severely limit the potential. I have some carbon contact points from power tool brushed motors that I would like to try. Hitachi tools use a energy recovery method with their tools for efficiency. Their carbon mixture with their replacement brushes would probably fit the bill for this type of work. What has been your observation of performance with your device?

    Thanks
    Doug

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Hi Doug. Really nice work on your Mechanical Pulley setup. The action looks amazingly smooth. Fantastic work.
    Your right about the Micro-Switch and needing to keep the potential discharges down. I've upgraded to a 16Amp switch and a roller but even that shows signs of strain with discharges over 21volts from my 90,000uF Capacitor bank. I'm running with 2 x 26" wheels these days with a slightly larger setup.

    Keep up the great work.

    Oliver
    There are low cost FET's rated at 40 volts that can handle 1000 amp pulses and they have less than .001 ohm resistance. These low resistance FET's are not yet available at the higher voltage ratings. A full floating trigger circuit to turn on the FET can be made for about $10 so that the FET does not need to be tied to a ground reference.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There are low cost FET's rated at 40 volts that can handle 1000 amp pulses and they have less than .001 ohm resistance. These low resistance FET's are not yet available at the higher voltage ratings. A full floating trigger circuit to turn on the FET can be made for about $10 so that the FET does not need to be tied to a ground reference.
    Would you mind posting a circuit like this or provide a link to an example?

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    52
    Will do, min2oly. Give me about a week.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tom C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,885
    Doug,

    I should have said something about this earlier.... John really loved mechanical machines, he was very proud of his pulley and discharge setups, he always felt they were the best option for cap dumping, he made the solid state cap dumps to increase reliability of the technology. everyone who is building is following in the spirit of his challenge to all of us.

    Tom C


    experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

  6. #26
    Senior Member Tom C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,885
    Doug,

    I just watched your 3 BLDC casting process Videos, great job!!

    Tom C


    experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Doug,

    I just watched your 3 BLDC casting process Videos, great job!!

    Tom C
    Even if anyone would choose not to use my particular design the process alone is worth a lot. There are so many coil designs that can be made from this and experimented with. I appreciate Paul Babcock for sharing that process. I have been interested in the Faraday disc type generators with the C-Shaped field coils for a while now. There are some fantastic stories about the designs from Otis Carr, John Searl, Paul Brown, and Mark Tomion that I believe may be worth exploring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Doug,

    I should have said something about this earlier.... John really loved mechanical machines, he was very proud of his pulley and discharge setups, he always felt they were the best option for cap dumping, he made the solid state cap dumps to increase reliability of the technology. everyone who is building is following in the spirit of his challenge to all of us.

    Tom C
    Tom, The mechanical cap dump has been a fun project to experiment with. There are so many things that you can do with this project. The threaded rod makes additions easy. I wish I could have met John Bedini to have had some direct guidance. I certainly appreciate what information was given through the many videos and books.

    Doug

  8. #28
    Senior Member Faraday88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangaluru, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Doug,

    I should have said something about this earlier.... John really loved mechanical machines, he was very proud of his pulley and discharge setups, he always felt they were the best option for cap dumping, he made the solid state cap dumps to increase reliability of the technology. everyone who is building is following in the spirit of his challenge to all of us.

    Tom C
    Thank you TomC for that little account in the memory of JB...
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

  9. #29
    I have added a 15lb cast iron flywheel to the project. The end goal will be to disconnect the primary using the circuit that Bedini provided to Jim Watson for his machines and then zap the primary with the radiant from the generator coils. I'm going to use the mechanical energy from the cast iron wheel to run the device while the primary is getting fed. Here is the video of the energizer running with the flywheel:
    I should have it running with the circuit for preliminary testing in 2 weeks.

    Doug
    Last edited by DMANN; 10-26-2017 at 07:51 PM. Reason: video link to embedded

  10. #30
    Hi Doug,
    I did some similar experiments on my medium size machine and had some great results. I did not utilize a heavy flywheel as you are doing but the idea of pausing the primary feed and taking from the freewheeling on a genny coil was what I played with along with shorting the genny. I did a lot more after the video I made but didn't tape any more of it.

    If you have a hard time with the 555 circuit you could try what I was doing which is an Aurduino. You can program the duty cycle however you want with those things. I switched a SSR to do the job but you could also use a FET. It's just a simple switch ON (set time) OFF ( set Time) inline on the primary feed. .

    This is a really long video and that was not the primary focus but if you fast forward to about 10 min you can see it.

    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miF0wz17HLEA4Xrgy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •