window motor big coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window motor big coil

I was just curious if this coil here would work for the window motor one day when I get that far. I had an old SAE-400 Lincoln stick welder with a gas motor in it that went out so I took the thing apart and that's where I got this from. I have 2 of them. Click image for larger version

Name:	6CA4F408-04AC-4C55-B099-64267A857B7C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,017.7 KB
ID:	51410 I was thinking it might work for a small window motor. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Buz86 View Post
    I was just curious if this coil here would work for the window motor one day when I get that far. I had an old SAE-400 Lincoln stick welder with a gas motor in it that went out so I took the thing apart and that's where I got this from. I have 2 of them. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6513[/ATTACH] I was thinking it might work for a small window motor. What do you guys think?
    Hi Buz86,
    check for the wire size inside.. too much thick and it may require external current limiting to it..other than that it should not be a problem..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

I want to say it is 26 awg. At one point I thought I checked it with my digital micrometer and I took that decimal figure and it was in range for 26awg. Would that be too thick?

Comment

Originally posted by Buz86 View Post
        I want to say it is 26 awg. At one point I thought I checked it with my digital micrometer and I took that decimal figure and it was in range for 26awg. Would that be too thick?
        Hi Buz86,
        That should be good enough..go ahead..better still if you get one more such type of a coil loop... you may place it at 90 degree position like in the Original Bedini Window motor with the black globe.
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

What is the measured resistance across this coil...? As that will tell you what size transistors to use in the Bedini / Cole Bipolar H-bridge driver circuit for it

and if you have another one like that one, that would be very good for 2 winding's at 90deg from each other, and a 4 Pole NSNS rotor Window Motor

Comment

I measured it and it was 9.6. Is this too much resistance? And I thought I had two but I found the other one today. It was about 1 foot away and connected to a spool that I started winding it around a couple years ago when I first got them. Back then I just saved it because I figured I could get a few hundred feet of magnet wire out of it. So I want to say the other twin is probably about 3/4 or less of what you see in the one in the picture above. The rest of it is wrapped around a big spool but since I never cut it, I suppose I could always just unwind it and wrap it back into the same shape it was originally in like the one in the picture above.

Comment

no that is not too much resistance...... and if you put the other one back, you will have 2 nice window motor coils......

I think that the MJL21193 - 4's will work good as the H bridge transistors........

Comment

Working...
              X