No announcement yet.

Building a window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the closer a magnet is to a coil, the more of it's gauss "cuts" across the coils surface area and the closer it is the stronger the area of gauss is that interacts the coil. for a DC motor it is usually a brushed commutator that switches the windings polarity first attracting then repelling to allow the rotor to spin inside the permanent magnet field. the window motor is powered by a pulse, first one way, then the other, the switching of the circuit acts as a brush commutator in the rotor. its a pulse switched DC motor. the dwell (on time) and timing determine the speed and torque of a window motor.

here are my thoughts, this is not gospel truth just what I have read and observed..

a window motor runs best under load at 2/3 of its unloaded speed. this can be modified somewhat by what kind of magnet and core you use. a torque window motor needs an iron or steel core, a speed window motor uses an aluminum core.

the more powerful the magnet the more current it will draw to run, it needs to push that rotor away and the bigger the magnet the more force you will need to get it past. the recovery is also better with a more powerful magnet. (hence my experiment with the big neo mags on the other thread)

your best way to start is with 20 or so gauge wire, you can run more than 1 strand in parallel to drop the resistance of the coil. it really depends upon so many factors. the more turns you have the higher the field of the coil, so look for a coil between 1 and 3 ohms. if you settle on a 1 ohm strand you can either do a longer winding or parallel 2 or 3 with higher turns to bring the resistance down. its a balance of wire size, turns and length.

the full bipolar circuit is the way to go for driving, with a Hall sensor and timing disc.

take a screwdriver and slowly move it into the magnet. when you feel the screwdriver begin to interact with the magnet, that is where you want the back edge of your coil wire bundle.

Tom C
    Attached Files

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

As always tom your a huge help. will be getting the final stuff together to start working on this thing. the neo i have is quite strong n45 (i think) 1 inch by 1 inch so it seems to go along with your recomendations i need to have the coil about 1 inch on the outside. So am i correct in the understanding that stranger magnets take more to run but you get about the same ratio of out to in...as you said it would have to be pushed away so more energy needed but also because the extra gauss a generator coil would output more...so everyone is looking for the sweet spot

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Effect-Magneti...20+hall+sensor
        are these good to use for a window motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
          http://www.amazon.com/Effect-Magneti...20+hall+sensor
          are these good to use for a window motor.
          I recently bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/151144779484...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 2030 hall sensors, they can work up to 24 volts input.

Comment

From Ebay A3144

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-A3144-...item3cd4dc8ee7

Comment

This might be a good thread to ask this:

I wanna try this: run a rotor with SSG circuit, and store the output of the SSG into a capacitor and when that capacitor is for example 20 volts I wanna dump it completely into a coil that will be also in the same rotor as the SSG.

A was thinking to use a modified bedini-cole circuit for this (dump the cap in the coil when the cap is 20v).

How can I make the bedini-cole circuit trigger only when the cap > 20v ??? a 20v zenner before the pin 1 of the hall sensor should do that???

Sorry for asking this but I have no electronics background, the little I know is what I have learned in the free energy community.
              tnx

best

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
                This might be a good thread to ask this:

I wanna try this: run a rotor with SSG circuit, and store the output of the SSG into a capacitor and when that capacitor is for example 20 volts I wanna dump it completely into a coil that will be also in the same rotor as the SSG.

A was thinking to use a modified bedini-cole circuit for this (dump the cap in the coil when the cap is 20v).

How can I make the bedini-cole circuit trigger only when the cap > 20v ??? a 20v zenner before the pin 1 of the hall sensor should do that???

Sorry for asking this but I have no electronics background, the little I know is what I have learned in the free energy community.
                tnx

best

Alvaro
                What if you trigger the bedini cole once per revolution instead? put a single magnet for a hall switch or reed that would trigger the bedini cole. If you don't think your getting enough voltage with the single revolution you could always do a cap dump of say 20ish volts to a second cap and when that trigger magnet comes around it would fire using that second cap as the power source...

There was some one here Bob, Aln... I can't remember now... who triggered the cap dump though a coil that was on the rotor. the cool thing is that coil can also act as a generator toward the source cap until you fire it.

Can I ask what your thoughts are on what you hope to accomplish?
                Thanks - Patrick A.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                  What if you trigger the bedini cole once per revolution instead? put a single magnet for a hall switch or reed that would trigger the bedini cole. If you don't think your getting enough voltage with the single revolution you could always do a cap dump of say 20ish volts to a second cap and when that trigger magnet comes around it would fire using that second cap as the power source...

There was some one here Bob, Aln... I can't remember now... who triggered the cap dump though a coil that was on the rotor. the cool thing is that coil can also act as a generator toward the source cap until you fire it.

Can I ask what your thoughts are on what you hope to accomplish?
                  Thanks - Patrick A.
                  Tnx for the reply Patrick, I didn't understand very well what you say about do a cap dump to a second cap and then using that as power for the beidni-cole. Could you explain it a little better please?

What I am trying to do is to re-use the initial power as many times as I can to get maxium RPM: So the first stage would be the SSG circuit (probably in GEN MODE), then the output of the ssg circuit would go to the cap that will power the bedini-cole circuit (that will give a really strong extra punch to the rotor if the cap is high in voltage and capacity), then I can use the output of the bedini-cole again, maybe to feed the bedini-cole cap or a second cap powering another bedini-cole.

I know that the output of the SSG and the bedini cole is always less than what I put in, but let's say that with the ssg I get 3000 rpm, then with the output of the ssg into the bedini-cole I could get another 1500 rpm, and then another 750 rpm more, etc, etc. in 3 stages I could get 5000++ RPM using the same power.

Then I am going to have regular generator coils to charge a 2nd battery. GEN COILS -> COMPARATOR CAP DUMP -> 2nd BATTERY.

And I can probably also include some tesla nodes all over the place.

Comment

If trying this on one shaft, try splitting the positives like dave wing has shown and then invert the ssg bedini. doing it all on one shaft may have additional benefit, not sure. On my to try list. The list is long so it will be a while. Aln

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
                      Tnx for the reply Patrick, I didn't understand very well what you say about do a cap dump to a second cap and then using that as power for the beidni-cole. Could you explain it a little better please?

What I am trying to do is to re-use the initial power as many times as I can to get maxium RPM: So the first stage would be the SSG circuit (probably in GEN MODE), then the output of the ssg circuit would go to the cap that will power the bedini-cole circuit (that will give a really strong extra punch to the rotor if the cap is high in voltage and capacity), then I can use the output of the bedini-cole again, maybe to feed the bedini-cole cap or a second cap powering another bedini-cole.

I know that the output of the SSG and the bedini cole is always less than what I put in, but let's say that with the ssg I get 3000 rpm, then with the output of the ssg into the bedini-cole I could get another 1500 rpm, and then another 750 rpm more, etc, etc. in 3 stages I could get 5000++ RPM using the same power.

Then I am going to have regular generator coils to charge a 2nd battery. GEN COILS -> COMPARATOR CAP DUMP -> 2nd BATTERY.

And I can probably also include some tesla nodes all over the place.
                      I like your plan. I proposed two methods:
                      1. SSG charges a cap and use that cap to power your bedini/cole. set your wheel to trigger your bedini/cole once per rotation. If your cap is filling up too fast, add another trigger twice per rotation, if your cap is not filling up enough, use a smaller cap...

2. charge a cap and use one of the cap dump ckts by RS or JB. set it to dump at the voltage level you want 20V.... dump it into a 2nd cap. Use that second cap as the "primary" source to drive the bedini/cole coil. so here you still have the timing set to fire the bedini cole once per rotation, however if it is taking more than one rotation to reach your 20V the bedini/cole will not fire as the source cap will not have enough energy.

I like number one the best, it's the least complicated.

You're going to find that the source cap on the bedini/cole coil will charge up even w/o the SSG cap dumping into it. Spin the wheel and you will see. It may or may not get to the 20v on it's own however...

I'm sure there is a cleaner way to do this, my mind just works this way. Some who are good with circuits could come up with a comparator that would let the bedini cole know the source cap has enough voltage go ahead and switch on the trigger...
                      not sure if you ever saw this vid I was doing something similar here I was sending the secondary system's energy output back to the primary battery on the "original SSG":

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                        I like your plan. I proposed two methods:
                        1. SSG charges a cap and use that cap to power your bedini/cole. set your wheel to trigger your bedini/cole once per rotation. If your cap is filling up too fast, add another trigger twice per rotation, if your cap is not filling up enough, use a smaller cap...

2. charge a cap and use one of the cap dump ckts by RS or JB. set it to dump at the voltage level you want 20V.... dump it into a 2nd cap. Use that second cap as the "primary" source to drive the bedini/cole coil. so here you still have the timing set to fire the bedini cole once per rotation, however if it is taking more than one rotation to reach your 20V the bedini/cole will not fire as the source cap will not have enough energy.

I like number one the best, it's the least complicated.

You're going to find that the source cap on the bedini/cole coil will charge up even w/o the SSG cap dumping into it. Spin the wheel and you will see. It may or may not get to the 20v on it's own however...

I'm sure there is a cleaner way to do this, my mind just works this way. Some who are good with circuits could come up with a comparator that would let the bedini cole know the source cap has enough voltage go ahead and switch on the trigger...
                        not sure if you ever saw this vid I was doing something similar here I was sending the secondary system's energy output back to the primary battery on the "original SSG":

Patrick tnx for the support, I will try the idea and share the results, I will probably go with the 1 trigger per revolution as you suggest.

thank you again!

best,

Alvaro

Comment

After becoming very frustrated with google i have decide to just ask here. does anyone have a link to a schematic of the bedini cole circuit people use for the window motor. i have come accross a few that say thats what they are but they are all different in some way. I am hoping to find the "original" circuit. anyone got it?

EDIT: looked for hours couldn't find it....post asking for it and i found it two minutes later!!! silly universe!
                          Last edited by Bradley Malone; 02-28-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Bradley I think that the original schematics are the ones that uses a trigger winding http://www.fight-4-truth.com/Window-Motor%20JB-RC.jpg

I made a bedini-cole circuit the other day, and used the one in the image called 1GT, like the ferris wheel but with just power coil (ferris wheel used 3 parallel coils),

basicly instead of the trigger winding it uses a hall sensor.

that one is: http://www.feelthevibe.com/free_ener...edini/s1gt.jpg

if you google "bedini-cole circuit" you will get a looooot of variants of the same circuit,

best,

Alvaro
                            Last edited by AlvaroHN; 02-28-2015, 07:28 PM. Reason: detail

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.icehouse.net/john1/dsw1.jpg

This is found under "Motor diagrams and lab Notes" on John's old "icehouse" web site http://www.icehouse.net/john1/john1.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sequential Bipolar Switch - Commutator.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	46950

Click image for larger version

Name:	SequentialBipolarCircuit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	46951
                              Last edited by Gary Hammond; 02-28-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I have an issue with the idea about running a ssg circuit, and send the recovery to a cap that would be the source for a bedini-cole circuit in the same rotor.

The SSG circuit in radiant mode tuned to 1 pulse per magnet would give me a RPM of aprox 3200. but with the secondary circuit in place (bedini-cole) the RPM went down to 2000+ , so I started to try things to see what was causing the RPM loss... After some tests, it seems that the bedini-cole circuit is causing drag even if it is not triggered, is that normal???

I connected the SSG circuit to run the rotor and the output of the ssg was sent to a comparator. Then I placed again the bedini-cole circuit with an empty cap as power source and the drag started again, there is power been sent to the primary of the bedini-cole when the rotor is spinning, by normal induction (the output of the bedini-cole was not connected to anything) I don't know why this is happening since the power coil is isolated from the power source (empty cap) by the 2 transistors. Could this be happening because of the reverse breakdown of the transistors???

Any advice?

Alvaro

Comment

Working...
                                X