Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Toy Build

The Toy Build

This is a very small build I am calling "The Toy".

It is another 3D print model but simplified even more than the first one I posted. The parts for this are very minimal intentionally. It is very small having only a 50mm wheel. The deck is approximately 5 3/4 X 4 3/4 inch.

I have only run it a short time so far because I just finished building it last night but so far it works nicely. In mode one it is pulling about 150ma at 6V and around 300ma $ 6volt for common ground mode. I still need to do a lot of testing at different voltages but I started on the 6 volts 5AH that I have. I think it would run fine on soe 18650's or similar as well.

Anyway I will post some build files once I have tested a bit more with it.

BZ-Toy Bottom.JPG

BZ-Toy Angle.JPG

BZ-Toy LEFT.JPG

BZ-Toy-1.jpg

BZ-Toy-2.jpg

Hi Bob,

That looks pretty neat! And just in case you missed it, I sent you a PM.
    Gary Hammond,

Bob,

the trigger bracket is awesome!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thanks guys.

I wired this one up with a small SSR but I am also going to try a BJT build on this platform.

Gary I just checked and there was no message from you, don't know what could have happened. Can you send again?

Very cool Bob, keep up the great ideas.

Hi Bob,

I re-sent the message.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Thanks guys. ...............
    Gary I just checked and there was no message from you, don't know what could have happened. Can you send again?
    Gary Hammond,

I made a slight improvement the base piece. Previously I had posts there for mounting store bought terminal blocks but I created terminal blocks on the model instead. These will work by slipping a square nut into the slot and then using a #8 screw and washers on top. Saves about 10 dollars on parts.

Also in this shot you can see better how the axle is desighned. It is not one piece with the base. Originally I did have it all one piece but in printing it the supports were terrible and the roundness of it was not as nice. It is a separate part that should be printed at 90 degrees so that no supports are needed and teh printer can make a nice circle, then it has a plug to fit into the base.

BZ-Toy Base.JPG

Nice terminal arrangement, Bob.
    Now we just gotta find those square electrical washers that are so common with terminal strips but I've never seen them available for purchase separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Nice terminal arrangement, Bob.
    Now we just gotta find those square electrical washers that are so common with terminal strips but I've never seen them available for purchase separately.
    I thought so at first too but with how I am doing this you don't need them. The square nut anchors the screw as you tighten it and with two washers up top you can sandwich a ring terminal between and have a tight connection.

Here is a pic of one I actually printed:
    BZ-Toy Base_2.jpg

That's some beautiful 3D work, Bob. And the square nut retainer feature is very handy.
    But I like the way the square washers (found on most relays that use screws) hold the wire without having to bend the wire around the screw. They usually have an indentation to hold the wire in the right place.