Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Toy Build

"How are you planning to reach 200HP?"
    Most electric motors like high speed so 200hp @ 1800 rpm without a gearbox is more of a challenge. I prefer to think of electric motors more as a torque device than a horsepower device so the horsepower curve closely follows the torque curve.
    I need to build smaller motors to learn the basics and how the various parameters apply then just keep scaling up. Typically each step up in scale introduces new obstacles to overcome. I can use under unity motors on various machinery just as learning steps, but I hope for the airplane to be unlimited range/overunity.

Nice work, Bob, and fast. Thanks for the video.

I'm estimating it will be about 12" diameter by 3" wide and consist of several such sections stacked together on a single shaft. That's 583 foot pounds of torque. A 200 hp aircraft engine with a medium range of fuel weighs about 700 pounds for engine and fuel. That would be my target weight. Belt(s) drive would be used if necessary to allow high motor rpm in order to reduce weight. I'm not yet certain what would be required with regards to batteries or a generator but that weight must be included.
    One bad thing about electric airplanes is that they weigh the same on landing as they do on takeoff. They don't lose weight by burning gas.