The Toy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Group,
    I have been tinkering away on this build in the background and I think I have settled on the final version. I decided to run it on minimal power and use it primarily as a small cell charger for things like AAA, AA, 9v and such. I have an LED headlamp that uses three AAA batteries and I have been charging them on this machine and using them in the headlamp to see if it is a good quality power and so far it works great. With this build you could easily run this thing from a very small solar panel or a small battery. It generally uses between 10-20ma depending on the charge load.

Have a look at the video below if your interested:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miWlENMnESy6N0Mqr

I will get the files together and make them available for download soon----Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      Hello Group,
      I have been tinkering away on this build in the background and I think I have settled on the final version. I decided to run it on minimal power and use it primarily as a small cell charger for things like AAA, AA, 9v and such. I have an LED headlamp that uses three AAA batteries and I have been charging them on this machine and using them in the headlamp to see if it is a good quality power and so far it works great. With this build you could easily run this thing from a very small solar panel or a small battery. It generally uses between 10-20ma depending on the charge load.

Have a look at the video below if your interested:
      https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miWlENMnESy6N0Mqr

I will get the files together and make them available for download soon----Bob
      Hey Bob,
      That was excellent video and not to mention your neat set up of the charger.
      However, i would like to stress on the gist of the switching mechanism and its implications to Radiant Electricity on how it is harnessed.. no body seems to co-relate its production as shown by John bedini. JB always maintained to encourage people to learn what the trigger did.. and at times when the trigger apparently not present, the form of the Radiant also changed.
      Dough konehead used sismilar reed switch triggering of the Inductive coils..
      but these are two distinct ways of the forms of the Radiant Electricity.
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      Last edited by Faraday88; 11-17-2017, 08:51 AM.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Hey Bob,
        However, i would like to stress on the gist of the switching mechanism and its implications to Radiant Electricity on how it is harnessed.. no body seems to co-relate its production as shown by John bedini. JB always maintained to encourage people to learn what the trigger did.. and at times when the trigger apparently not present, the form of the Radiant also changed.
        Dough konehead used sismilar reed switch triggering of the Inductive coils..
        but these are two distinct ways of the forms of the Radiant Electricity.
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Hi Farady,
        Glad you like it. Look this is a learning tool not a masterpiece. I have made this in it's simplest form on purpose and presented it as a "Toy" for a reason. I am well aware how these circuits work and have shown many times over just about every iteration of them. What I am trying to get you to understand is that this model is not supposed to explain all the mysteries that can be found. I may sound like I am angry with you but I am not, I just don't like your hinting that I do not understand something and warding off others from fundamental knowledge.

I would encourage you to go look at figure 1 of this patent and go ahead and read the operational description, then tell me it's misunderstood.

https://www.google.com/patents/US7990110

Comment

excellent video thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi Bob,

You're having way too much fun with that 3-D printer!!

Enjoyed the video. That's a pretty sweet and novel little machine. I like that it switches without transistors and draws so little current. Looks like it might be able to go over unity?

Comment

Another great video Bob. Great project in general.

Comment

Hi Farady,
                Glad you like it. Look this is a learning tool not a masterpiece. I have made this in it's simplest form on purpose and presented it as a "Toy" for a reason. I am well aware how these circuits work and have shown many times over just about every iteration of them. What I am trying to get you to understand is that this model is not supposed to explain all the mysteries that can be found. I may sound like I am angry with you but I am not, I just don't like your hinting that I do not understand something and warding off others from fundamental knowledge.

I would encourage you to go look at figure 1 of this patent and go ahead and read the operational description, then tell me it's misunderstood.

https://www.google.com/patents/US7990110
                Hey Bob,
                Sorry if i offended you..that was never my intention pal!! yes that patent I have been acquainted with for several years now...and the fig 1 Indeed depicts apparently simple ON-OFF switch and mechanical one in specific. but the same fig.1 also has a component 36 apparently a trigger's component how do think you can account for this component in your understanding of the simple switching you describe in your video with the reed switches.. Just my guess i feel the fig.1 and fig .2 are used in conjunction to each other.
                your comments are valued in my opinion..its just intention to share mine friend.
                Best Regards,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                  Hi Bob,

You're having way too much fun with that 3-D printer!!

Enjoyed the video. That's a pretty sweet and novel little machine. I like that it switches without transistors and draws so little current. Looks like it might be able to go over unity?
                  Hi Gary,, good to see you pop in and comment. I will not make that claim publicly but as I have done in the past I can show what the machine does and let people draw their own conclusions ;0.

I didn't show in this video but I have made a battery tray that holds 8 AAA cells in parallel for charging. I have charged Ni-MH and Ni-Zn cells this way and they do very well and the draw is about the same. As you add more to the back the gains increase as you know. For this video I thought it more important to show a higher voltage on the back than the front which is very characteristic of a Bedini charger. In other words someone could see me charging a bunch of AAA (1.2v) from an 8v primary and say so what, but when they see 18v charging from an 8v then they know something special is happening. I would say though that if you look at the work being done there from 11ma both charging and turning the wheel it's pretty impressive to me at least.

Because of the resistance on the coils I can get away with bare metal switching on that reed and that exhibits some of the best characteristics you can ever find. Of course as you build larger it's not so easy to stay bare metal and that is why the transistors came into play but there is a slight capacitance at the junction of a transistor that does not give as clean of an off as bare metal. By they way I'm just speaking to the group at this point, not just barking stuff at Gary that he did not ask about, I think Gary knows all of this anyway ;-)

Brian and ED, also good to see you guys thanks for popping in. Faraday I will reply to you separately in your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                    Hey Bob,
                    Sorry if i offended you..that was never my intention pal!! yes that patent I have been acquainted with for several years now...and the fig 1 Indeed depicts apparently simple ON-OFF switch and mechanical one in specific. but the same fig.1 also has a component 36 apparently a trigger's component how do think you can account for this component in your understanding of the simple switching you describe in your video with the reed switches.. Just my guess i feel the fig.1 and fig .2 are used in conjunction to each other.
                    your comments are valued in my opinion..its just intention to share mine friend.
                    Best Regards,
                    Faraday88.
                    Hi Faraday,
                    So component 36 is not a trigger or anything to do with a trigger, it represents the physical conductor (wire) which is a sub component of component 28 called a voltage generator in the patent, it's the inductor. These patents have to spell everything out so it is a reference to making the inductor with coiled wire. We are not using the inductor as an inductor in the traditional sense however, we are actually using it as a magnetic field generator by driving it instead of collecting with it (at least in the forward path). It then becomes a capacitor and eventually a generator of sorts.

I really don't want to turn this into a pissing contest but the reason Mr. Bedini harped on the trigger so much as you have said was because people were mystfied by it's function and constantly made misguided statements about it, hence the push to learn what it really does.

(This is a bit of the kind of crap that made Mr. Bedini harp on learning the triggers function, but heh what the hell)
                    Now in the context of a bike wheel setup their are variables that can and do make the trigger help or hurt the situation. The trigger can cross induct from the power winding and cause oscillation that has nothing to do with the magnets that caused the initial trigger. Many people discovered this when they came to find that their wheel has stopped but the machine is still charging. It is also contributing to the circuit via induction through the base/emmiter junction and of course you have the added variables from the skin effects and the fact that the trigger is run opposite polarity from the power winding (Newman, Leedskalnin and others understood how to capitalize on that). I will stress however that any gains that can be added to the system via trigger magic are very hard to capitalize, just having a trigger winding present is not enough. A man like Mr. Bedini who spent a life tuning RF can achieve the correct balances but most hobby builders are not going to be able to do it.

My point is just that your previous statement implied that there is a different energy that can be tickled out with a trigger and this machine does not have one so although it's neat it's a different kind of output. I do not agree with that. It's fine for you to have your opinion and I don't want to silence your thoughts but that does not mean that when you say something I don't agree with I am not going to comment back.

Hey Bob,

Comment

Hello everyone, been awhile, how are the experiments going these days?

Comment

Hi Bob,

Hello everyone, been awhile, how are the experiments going these days?
                        Been wondering what happened to you. Welcome back!!

Comment

Hey Gary, good to see you. I'm still running my machines & charging batteries. I have not built anything new for awhile, made modifications to existing prototypes but nothing all new. I have been getting the itch to try some ideas out though.

Comment

how are the experiments going these days?
                            I experimented with an attraction motor powering a G-field (flux gate) alternator that showed some very interesting properties. I want to build a better one from scratch and power it with a split the negative four battery rotation set up. I did this process with my SSG and it was able to keep the batteries charged with continuous running. The only problem was my batteries were too large for the machine to top the batteries to 15 volts each cycle. They were topping out around 14 volts which will eventually kill the batteries.

Then I got sidetracked into experimenting with water fog and plasma ignition in internal combustion engines. And most recently got sidetracked again by my grandson wanting to build a two stage mechanical oscillator. We're in the middle of that now and he's deserted me for the summer. So far we've gotten mixed results with that. I still haven't developed a suitable generator output for it.

Life and grandkids seem to have a way of diverting my intentions. LOL

Comment

Good to hear your still at my friend. Ever consider nickle iron batteries? They are expensive but you can abuse the hell out of them and they don't care. The key is that the internal process does not consume plate material at all so you can under charge them/ over charge them or don't charge them at all and the plates remain fine.

I also still have a ton of those lifePO4 cells I was playing with. You can charge those with mode 1 but it really doesn't do at too well. If you throw a common ground circuit at them they do just fine though as long as you don't over charge them.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Ever consider nickle iron batteries?
                                I haven't tried any nickel iron batteries, but I have replaced nearly all the small alkaline dry cells in most of the devices in our house with NiMH ones that I recharge with my 1AU charger. Sure beats buying disposable AAA's, AA's, C cells, D cells, and 9 volts all the time for all the clocks, caller ID's, remotes, test meters, and flashlights we have.

Guess I could build up some battery banks with them to get higher voltages for experimentation. I see they also are available in an F size for higher current applications.

Comment

Working...
                                X