Bedini 1984, 2017 style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    I'm surprised the resistor is getting that hot...
    JK,
    I guess Deuis lucked on to
    Heat with COP>1 as in the Ansile Rosmery type of Inductive heater effect.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

The SG doesnt run without power assist as yet.
      I haven't loosened the bearings or fixed the aerodynamics and the wheel weighs about 5kg.
      There are variances in motor load during this test indicating that the SG is putting out some torque.

Heres some more data.

I tried to keep the wheel at 200rpms as best I could then varied the secondary load.
      The resistor in the picture is 600ohms, 50W.
      Thats a 73degree differential, Im assuming that is roughly 50W of heat output.
      Ive been looking for some heat specs for this resistor but cant find any.

Ohms law tells me 73 volts across 600ohms = 8.88W
      I dont think 8.8W is pushing a 50W resistor 73degrees higher than ambient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	variable load.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	49898

Name:	IMG_20180620_171048848_LL.jpg
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	49896

Name:	IMG_20180620_171118565_LL.jpg
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	49897

I forgot to mention the obvious.
      Primary at 12.7V @ 600ohm = .269W
      Last edited by Deuis; 06-20-2018, 03:59 AM.
      Cant spend it when your dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuis View Post
        The SG doesnt run without power assist as yet.
        I haven't loosened the bearings or fixed the aerodynamics and the wheel weighs about 5kg.
        There are variances in motor load during this test indicating that the SG is putting out some torque.

Heres some more data.

I tried to keep the wheel at 200rpms as best I could then varied the secondary load.
        The resistor in the picture is 600ohms, 50W.
        Thats a 73degree differential, Im assuming that is roughly 50W of heat output.
        Ive been looking for some heat specs for this resistor but cant find any.

Ohms law tells me 73 volts across 600ohms = 8.88W
        I dont think 8.8W is pushing a 50W resistor 73degrees higher than ambient.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6954[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6952[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6953[/ATTACH]

I forgot to mention the obvious.
        Primary at 12.7V @ 600ohm = .269W
        Are you still using
        "-18 magnet wheel.
        -North out double stacked 2" x 1" x 1/2" ceramic magnets and the large north out NEO's."
        ?
        if so you might be generating too much in your trigger winding which would be the reason there is so much heat... in addition some of that gauss is ending up in your battery rather than just radiant.
        Kind regards.

Comment

The wheel specs are 18 x 2x1x1/2 double stacked north out.

It's not the trigger potentiometer or coil where the heat has manifested.
          I have put a resistor across the capacitor bank on the secondary output to simulate a load and drain off excess voltage.
          That resistor is toasty even at 600ohms.
          There is no battery on the secondary yet.

Name:	load.JPG
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	49899

Comment

Good stuff deuis. Thanks for taking the time to document this stuff! Any information or data added to the cause is wonderfull.

Off subject ...kinda.....but I always wondered, in a resonant tank, the voltage and current are out of phase so " unusable". But what if you had resistance in the tank. When at resonance it "theoretically" would draw nothing but the current. through a resistance though the current would cause heat. So if you had an rlc tank and used the heat from the resistance....then it would not reflect on the source.?.?

Comment

If i'm understanding you correctly yes.

But then again im an electrician who doesnt understand electricity so take that with a grain of salt

Comment

The wheel specs are 18 x 2x1x1/2 double stacked north out.

It's not the trigger potentiometer or coil where the heat has manifested.
                I have put a resistor across the capacitor bank on the secondary output to simulate a load and drain off excess voltage.
                That resistor is toasty even at 600ohms.
                There is no battery on the secondary yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6955[/ATTACH]
                I see your chart now... I think I remember JB had a 1ohm resistor test - less ohms less heat I would imagine. I would try 50watt...

Thanks for the clarification - how about a light bulb, or are you attempting to measure the watts?
                Last edited by min2oly; 06-20-2018, 08:17 PM. Reason: Dumb a@@

Comment

But then again im an electrician who doesn't understand electricity so take that with a grain of salt
                  Hi Deuis, Click image for larger version

Name:	Exploding Transistor and diode 1.jpg
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	49900Click image for larger version

Name:	Exploding Transistor and Diode 2.jpg
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	49901

Name:	Exploding Transistor and Diode 3.jpg
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	49902
                  Another experiment to try...this one is explosive!!! Keep the same set up as you have shown..everything exact no changing anything..okay.?
                  Let a Charge build in the Capacitor alone
                  (let me know the UF of the capacitor),
                  ideal you may have 500V capacitor @ 2200uF . and then suddenly switch the discharge it through the resistor. (when the SSG is still running)
                  I guess you will see smithereens of it!!!!
                  while it should have safely bled off the juice.. one of the members here (I don't recollect his name) had reported a similar situation when he accidentally left the SSG running and the Capacitor kept building charge to a dangerously high level and when he discharged it through the resistor it exploded!!
                  In my case (around 2012) when I was running 3 transistor multi-strand SSG coil charging a Capacitor (Generator mode), now, when it was still in the running state, it exploded one of the transistors and its diode as well! upon investigating I found the Juice still present in Capacitor after the event.
                  and yes thanks for reporting the phenomena..its worth the matter.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Last edited by Faraday88; 06-20-2018, 11:37 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

But then again im an electrician who doesnt understand electricity so take that with a grain of salt
                    Hi Deuis,

Another experiment to try...this one is explosive!!! Keep the same set up as you have shown it..every thing exact no changing anything..okay.?
                    Let a Charge build in the Capacitor alone
                    (let me know the UF of the capacitor),
                    ideal you may have 500V capacitor @ 2200uF . and the suddenly switch the discharge it through the resistor.
                    I guess you will see smithereens of it!!!!
                    where actually it should have safely bled off the juice.. one of the members here (I don't recollect his name) had reported a similar situation.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday,

The caps top out at 900V @ 2200uF.
                      While I would love to see how high this charge goes I like to keep the smoke inside the components.
                      I keep it under 300V at the moment.
                      I was observing the machine today and regardless of the load, the Primary current and the E-motor did not change their draw.
                      The wheel made a whole heap of different noises but all remained stable.

Comment

Hi Faraday,

The caps top out at 900V @ 2200uF.
                        While I would love to see how high this charge goes I like to keep the smoke inside the components.
                        I keep it under 300V at the moment.
                        I was observing the machine today and regardless of the load, the Primary current and the E-motor did not change their draw.
                        The wheel made a whole heap of different noises but all remained stable.
                        Hi Deuis,
                        Thanks for the input...wondering!!! I have never heard or seen an Electrolytic Capacitor of 900V/2200uf !!! are you saying that's the manufacturer's spec on it? would certainly be interested to have one handy.
                        the ones I have are 450V/2200uf Electrolytic (ALCON make) used in the accidental explosion I described in my previous post. I see a whole lot of experiments where one can at will have either an Explosive force or heat(excess) but not both at the same time.
                        take utmost care when you fill that capacitor..results can be catastrophic without warning!!!! and you never know which component you will see flying across the room.
                        did you have look at the schematic I posted?
                        I wanted to recreate that condition to explode on purpose
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88,
                        Last edited by Faraday88; 06-21-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Faraday your quite welcome to blow sh it up in your own time.
                          Caps... as in plural. The word Cap Bank was probably a giveaway too.
                          Of course I have bled off 300V+ volts into a suitably sized resistor and it didnt blow up, theres a shocker.
                          Ask yourself this, of all your posts how many could you delete without reprecussions to the quality and substance of others threads?

Comment

Faraday your quite welcome to blow sh it up in your own time.
                            Caps... as in plural. The word Cap Bank was probably a giveaway too.
                            Of course, I have bled off 300V+ volts into a suitably sized resistor and it didnt blow up, theres a shocker.
                            Ask yourself this, of all your posts how many could you delete without reprecussions to the quality and substance of others threads?
                            Recall all that you say here when the time comes, and don't worry of what and how many I post worry about what you can understand...sorry if at all you can!.... have patience dear.. you can do something else that you are better at then slandering at relevant subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                              Recall all that you say here when the time comes, and don't worry of what and how many I post worry about what you can understand...sorry if at all you can!.... have patience dear.. you can do something else that you are better at then slandering at relevant subjects.
                              Where is the slander? Why not answer...dear
                              Think about it - I guess this forum without a moderator is kind of going there anyway.

Deuis, did you ever see the video of JB running his "windmill energizer" he had a fan on the bike wheel which were being turned by an external fan?

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                                Where is the slander? Why not answer...dear
                                Think about it - I guess this forum without a moderator is kind of going there anyway.

Deuis, did you ever see the video of JB running his "windmill energizer" he had a fan on the bike wheel which was being turned by an external fan?
                                Hi Min2Oly,
                                Apologies !! there is some confusion here..anyway.. you also showed us in a video an external triggered SSG with a similar set up I guess..!!
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                                X