Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi Min2Oly,
    Apologies !! there is some confusion here..anyway.. you also showed us in a video an external triggered SSG with a similar set up I guess..!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    I did not, and I'm more interested in what discoveries Deuis is making. Deuis is providing some good data, let him proceed without changing the subject.

Deuis I asked about the "windmill SSG" because there were some things JB did and talked about that could be relevant to what you are doing. Your setup is different so I don't want to influence what you are doing one way or another. Keep on, some of us are listening.
    Kind Regards - Patrick

Comment

I do remember a windmill type, was it in the vacuum series?
      I've lost all bedinis DVD's which is unfortunate.

Im all for decent dialogue on ideas related to this concept.
      I've isolated most of the areas which I need to focus on, its just about building what I need to get what I want.
      More gear will be arriving shortly, this project is becoming rather large.
      Cant spend it when your dead.

Comment

Some data against some identical generator coils in different formations.
        Each coil is 8 filar, 23awg.
        Series, parallel and a combination.
        The load of 94 ohms was dialed in for an approx 10V supply.
        I have two combinations with different cores for comparison.
        Motor has received some upgrades with some ceramic bearings and aerodynamic upgrades.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gen coils.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	49910
        Last edited by Deuis; 07-05-2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I used the highest output Gennie coil and perfomed some speed data as attached.
          The differential is the wheel open circuit W + Gen coil output W - Wheel under load W.
          Most notable is the .58W gain at 300 RPM.

Name:	Gen1.JPG
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	49916

Comment

Focusing in on the 300RPM mark I have used varying resistances to simulate a load.
            While the resolution on the ammeter is not adequate, the results confirm Peter's findings from the advanced book.
            At 800ohms the .01A ticked down .65A equaling the motor input indicating no current being used but im sure down to the thousandth of an amp it would indicate more clearly.

Name:	Gen2.JPG
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	49917

Comment

Originally posted by Deuis View Post
              Focusing in on the 300RPM mark I have used varying resistances to simulate a load.
              While the resolution on the ammeter is not adequate, the results confirm Peter's findings from the advanced book.
              At 800ohms the .01A ticked down .65A equaling the motor input indicating no current being used but im sure down to the thousandth of an amp it would indicate more clearly.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6981[/ATTACH]
              True, however, it was at +/-100 ohms where the output was at its highest. Good stuff!
              40 watts seems like quite a bit of energy to throw at a prime mover. It might not be as easy to see data swings with that one? Have you considered adding PWM at this point, could help...
              KR - Patrick

Comment

The wheel is PWM.
                I've got a meter with better resolution I can use later on.
                The output is highest at the highest speed, the experiment was to prove if there was a net gain across the coil which there was.
                With a generator at 94% efficiency there should have been a net loss a across the coil.
                The 40W is only bearing and air friction.
                Isolating the prime mover was key to this as I can definitively compare inputs and outputs of the gennie coil, this hasn't been shown before as it's almost impossible to seperate the functions.
                In Peter's measurements 100ohm actually stalled his motor, however his coil was a little different to this coil and he was running the sg prime mover.
                I have no doubt that if you spent some good dollars on a perfectly balanced aerodynamic wheel in a vacuum chamber this would run ou with multiple coils.
                The load itself lends to tuning, dissipating the power needs to be sufficiently strong enough to eject the magnet and long enough to resist it pulling back in. The higher the resistance the longer the dissipation time.

Comment

The wheel is PWM.
                  I've got a meter with better resolution I can use later on.
                  The output is highest at the highest speed, the experiment was to prove if there was a net gain across the coil which there was.
                  With a generator at 94% efficiency there should have been a net loss a across the coil.
                  The 40W is only bearing and air friction.
                  Isolating the prime mover was key to this as I can definitively compare inputs and outputs of the gennie coil, this hasn't been shown before as it's almost impossible to seperate the functions.
                  In Peter's measurements 100ohm actually stalled his motor, however his coil was a little different to this coil and he was running the sg prime mover.
                  I have no doubt that if you spent some good dollars on a perfectly balanced aerodynamic wheel in a vacuum chamber this would run ou with multiple coils.
                  The load itself lends to tuning, dissipating the power needs to be sufficiently strong enough to eject the magnet and long enough to resist it pulling back in. The higher the resistance the longer the dissipation time.
                  Excellent Deuis! However, Over-unity is a measure of COP, and recall that the Bedini Energizer is NOT a Motor per se, But an Energizer/ Accelerator that gains Energy over Time and settles at a rpm for the scale of its design/topology. so even if the system is placed around our regular climate (and not Vacuum) would still do what it does if designed correct.
                  While you are perfectly correct about the Frictional less rotor, the SSG design regulates itself to its scale and topology. Yes lower the friction, the better is the net COP
                  you must add the mechanical COP to get the effective COP.
                  Ideally, if you wish to keep the system self-running, install swapper mechanism of the batteries, and a Sinewave Inverter (ofcourse if you are running only SSG) to back feed via a Standard Charger/Constant Current to your primaries and a back -popper as well!.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Last edited by Faraday88; 07-09-2018, 04:39 AM.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Actually I've achieved some of the best COP with a little drag/friction/LOAD

Deuis, not trying to be weird about this, but 40W is quite a bit to move 18 magnets on a wheel at 300 rpm. I do understand where you are trying to go with this though. How can you say for sure that 300 rpm is where your coil would go in a friction free environment, and that magneto is not being added due to the external prime mover?

Thank you for sharing your data - Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

This is not a bedini motor/energiser its a test rig, reading specific generator coil data.
                      The wheel is 26" and weighs over 5kilos with average aerodynamics, 40W is OK.

How do you design the perfect generator coil for your SG if you dont have any data to understand the nature of the coil specs?
                      If you want a coil to operate at peak with slower RPM's to suit your SG you change the parameters of your coil and test again.
                      Its all about efficiency.
                      A Standard SG has mechanical torque available for free which needs to be harvested as best you can.
                      This has the added benefit lowering the power consumption at the same time. (adding a fan to the rotor)
                      This experiment was to look at the best parameters for coils that I have in the shed, already wound.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

This is not a bedini motor/energiser its a test rig, reading specific generator coil data.
                        The wheel is 26" and weighs over 5kilos with average aerodynamics, 40W is OK.

How do you design the perfect generator coil for your SG if you dont have any data to understand the nature of the coil specs?
                        If you want a coil to operate at peak with slower RPM's to suit your SG you change the parameters of your coil and test again.
                        Its all about efficiency.
                        A Standard SG has mechanical torque available for free which needs to be harvested as best you can.
                        This has the added benefit lowering the power consumption at the same time. (adding a fan to the rotor)
                        This experiment was to look at the best parameters for coils that I have in the shed, already wound.
                        I must be a bit confused then. Are you testing a pure generator coil only?
                        I thought I've been reading you have hooked up the SG transistors to the coil?

I do understand this is a test rig and you are not too concerned with the 40 watts, however, if the ultimate goal is to ADD a generator coil to an SSG, the genny coil is going to be different than the on you come up with on this test rig.

What I have done is to get the "spec" SSG running, then add various coils to it adding and removing winds, changing core size/material, length of spool etc... this way I come up with the ultimate generator coil that my SSG "prime mover" can handle. Because all of this data needs to be compared to the SSG input/output.

You can also modify the SSG to handle various genny coils... It's all a huge balance of data, a bit of a nightmare which is why so many fail.

Keep up the good work - I might not understand everything you are doing here so don't let me distract.
                        KR - Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                          I must be a bit confused then. Are you testing a pure generator coil only?
                          I thought I've been reading you have hooked up the SG transistors to the coil?

I do understand this is a test rig and you are not too concerned with the 40 watts, however, if the ultimate goal is to ADD a generator coil to an SSG, the genny coil is going to be different than the on you come up with on this test rig.

What I have done is to get the "spec" SSG running, then add various coils to it adding and removing winds, changing core size/material, length of spool etc... this way I come up with the ultimate generator coil that my SSG "prime mover" can handle. Because all of this data needs to be compared to the SSG input/output.

You can also modify the SSG to handle various genny coils... It's all a huge balance of data, a bit of a nightmare which is why so many fail.

Keep up the good work - I might not understand everything you are doing here so don't let me distract.
                          KR - Patrick
                          Hi Patrick,
                          1)Single coil or multi strand SSG , 2) Multi-coil SSG 3) Multi Coil-'turn' Coil SSG (30 coiler)..what next?
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.
                          Last edited by Faraday88; 07-10-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                            Hi Patrick,
                            1)Single coil or multi strand SSG , 2) Multi-coil SSG 3) Multi'turn' Coil SSG (30 coiler)..what next?
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.
                            apples, oranges, bananas whatever you like...

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                              apples, oranges, bananas whatever you like...
                              All are fruits though...!
                              All are all... or each is the other..
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Here you go Patrick I cleaned up the data and used a better meter.
                                Keep in mind that using a resistive load straight from the coil is not the way to drain the energy properly.
                                What configuration gennie coil have you found to be a good fit?

Name:	Hi Res Gennie.JPG
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	49918

Comment

Working...
                                X