Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 13% OF THE SEATS ARE AVAILABLE!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Solid State Adventure

Solavei
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Yes it sound to me like your cleaning it too. Is it a wet cell or a sealed?

When they start to behave like that I find it is best to get a small'ish load like an auto bulb and drain off for an hour or two and then charge some more.
    Bob
    It is a wet cell. I'll try the small load idea.

Yes it sound to me like your cleaning it too. Is it a wet cell or a sealed?

When they start to behave like that I find it is best to get a small'ish load like an auto bulb and drain off for an hour or two and then charge some more.

Bob
    I had a little time this evening (plus i really wanted to try this) so i stopped the charging and after a short rest i hooked a 12v fan up to it and drained some of the charge off of it. I let it rest again and it came back up to 12.79. Then i did what you had said about finding the right on time, i was surprised to see the neon glow orange at just a mere 50 microseconds I bumped it to 100 and it was a little brighter but not much. I then removed the neon and hooked the battery up, then started adjusting the frequency, it took a few steps to get it to where it was pulling just under an amp, right around 800 ma. It charges nicely and since I wanted to let it go overnight I didn't want to get to aggressive with it until I can be there to see what is happening. Temperature of the coil was maybe 1 or 2 deg. Above room temp.
    I watched it like that for about an hour and the temperature didn't climb plus it charged from 12.79 to 13.87, had a few of the pullbacks along the way, had a real nice chart going and was about to take a picture when it did that "usb connection lost" thing and i lost my chart too.
    The frequency is right around 165 hz.
    I want to spend more time with it, probably won't be able to till the weekend.
    Question for you, will the output of the charger need to be adjusted when i use the solid state charger in conjunction with the cap pulser?
    This is very interesting stuff, i still like the wheeled versions but this solid state just adds a whole new level of possibilities to it.

I had about an hour or so this evening so I made another adjustment to the charging sketch, which resulted in an increase in the frequency to 228.9. Amp draw was right on 1 amp. The picture below is of that hour give or take, you can see on the chart the voltage dips and rises, i think this is the sulphation cleaning process. Time will tell. Next time I get, i will probably drain some of the charge off and restart the process again

image.jpg

Question for you, will the output of the charger need to be adjusted when i use the solid state charger in conjunction with the cap pulser?
    Hi Brian,
    Thats is up too you really. It will depend on how you set your dumper's on/off AND the size of capacity your using. There are many approaches to cap dumping and you have seen some of mine. You can go for real fast with only a few volts over the target or slower with double the volts of the target etc..

I would suggest a traditional timing to start out with and then play around from there if you like. Set your dumper's time so that your cap builds up to about 28v and then dumps. Your question was about changing the rate of the driver but you see everything in the system plays on each other so it just depends where you want to adjust. Say your driver is running where you feel it is just perfect, so don't change it's timing, change the dumper with either a longer off time or a shorter one which will raise or lower the cap voltage. A ball park setting when doing a double the target voltage approach is setting things so that you are dumping between 2 per second up to about 1 per 2 seconds. Any longer of an off and it usually will not keep things going well enough for an effective charge but that also depends on the battery.

Hi Brian,
    Thats is up too you really. It will depend on how you set your dumper's on/off AND the size of capacity your using. There are many approaches to cap dumping and you have seen some of mine. You can go for real fast with only a few volts over the target or slower with double the volts of the target etc..

I would suggest a traditional timing to start out with and then play around from there if you like. Set your dumper's time so that your cap builds up to about 28v and then dumps. Your question was about changing the rate of the driver but you see everything in the system plays on each other so it just depends where you want to adjust. Say your driver is running where you feel it is just perfect, so don't change it's timing, change the dumper with either a longer off time or a shorter one which will raise or lower the cap voltage. A ball park setting when doing a double the target voltage approach is setting things so that you are dumping between 2 per second up to about 1 per 2 seconds. Any longer of an off and it usually will not keep things going well enough for an effective charge but that also depends on the battery.
    Thank you Bob

Had time for a quick check on the charging process, so I drained the battery down to 12.80 and put it on charge again at a slightly higher frequency 245.7hz for about an hour then I returned it to the lower frequency for the night. The coil hummed at the higher frequency but it didn't heat up. The chart below shows the charge and then the reducing the frequency and the start of another cycle. My meter keeps losing connection to the software. The battery doesn't seem to climb above 14.08 without the higher frequency. When I get time I want to try the cap pulser and the solid state charger to see if I can push it higher, it probably is still desulphating.

1hr run 06162017 117mc on 4501 msoff.jpg

I tried the cap pulser tonight with the solid state charger, some things going on that i do not understand, probably need more time learning how it all works. I did notice that the charger's amp draw went down when it was connected to the cap pulser. The battery doesn't charge as quickly with the pulser, that may be my inexperience with the whole solid state thing.i made a short video which i will post here as soon as it uploads.

Looking forward to your video.

You just need to keep working with it and you will get dialed in.

Do you have a garden battery you can play with? It might be easier for you to tune on a smaller battery.

Looking forward to your video.

You just need to keep working with it and you will get dialed in.

Do you have a garden battery you can play with? It might be easier for you to tune on a smaller battery.

I going to get one, i started a cycle tonight with a slightly smaller battery we'll see what happens.
    I am having trouble getting my video to upload for my previous post, not sure what the issue is.

Bob
    Something you may be interested in, i put a ferrite protector on the leads of my radio shack meter, it hasn't lost usb connection since.

Edit:
    The charge cycle i mentioned above finished the following morning, the primary started out at 13.10 (just completed a charge) ended at 12.60. The charge battery was a 73AH Gel battery, started at 12.93, finished at 14.84. Total run was 10hrs. The charge battery was probably done in about 4-5 hrs. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. It was pretty much already charged. I think the big battery i had been having trouble charging may have some really hard sulfation in it. The charge curve looks great, however it will only go to about 14.30 v then levels off.
    Last edited by Brian McNece; 06-26-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Solavei
    Bob
    Something you may be interested in, i put a ferrite protector on the leads of my radio shack meter, it hasn't lost usb connection since.
    My cables have those built in already. They help but if you strat pushing too hard it will still happen but it's good you added them to yours. Without them you may have been experiencing it far worse.