Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bobs 1st 3D Project

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hello group,
    I have finished version two and been running it for awhile now. The axle is now the half inch with the keeper screws on the bearing that I spoke of. In addition I beefed up the coil mounts a bit and redesigned the reed mount. I have put together a package with the files needed to print this model and included some builder notes. The builder notes keep everything very simple so that anyone could build this thing. It uses an external battery for the trigger instead of the genny coil shorting to a cap I did on the prototype. I am only using a single reed rather than Patricks method and the coils are wired in 3 sets of parallel which are then put into series which keeps the draw fairly low. The idea is not to over complicate things for a first time builder. More experienced builders can modify however they want for whatever results they want. I have thought about building one with traditional wiring to BJT's as well but as I say these are the simplified instructions.

Here are the files in a ZIP package:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmzmftzD-V0miHLOHCFcW7rbMviV

*Edit*
    changed package to include some screen grabs from fusion
    Bob
    I finally was able to open and see your new build, very nice, I read the document you put together, that is nicely done too. Please keep sharing, I learn a lot from your postings.
    I had been trying to open it on an ipad, i guess apple doesn't like zip files.
    Last edited by Brian McNece; 07-24-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Yes John that was what I meant. I'm not going to drag out the tissue and start crying about it but yea sometimes it feels like a lot of wasted effort. I was not reacting so much to this post in particular but more of an aggregate from most of the posting I have for awhile now.

You know you spend hours preparing something to share, sometimes the experiment your sharing has taken days to gather the data and you post it only to find that nobody seems to care. Occasionally you do get a few comments but it's just pretty low participation. I'm not expecting people to run out and build what I'm building but there is usually not much discussion so whats the point. For example you know awhile back I demonstrated an all metal build, I mean no transistors or diodes, you would think that would get a forum of builders excited enough to talk about it but not really as it turned out.

Look guys I can see there is enough interest in this right now so I will keep it going.

@Richard
    It sounds like your on a machine that does not have a file association for .STL files so it's using the wrong program. These files are STL's that need to be loaded into a slicer program for 3D printing. That program creates yet another file in another format .gcode which is leaded to the printer.

I'm making a lot of assumptions here but if you were to install Cura then you would be able to open those files.

The 9 pole was chosen for a few reasons but I don't want to get into all of them. The most obvious is the field structure and it's offset. When you have 8 poles you have two coils facing exactly opposite versus the 9 pole you will have 2 at the top and one at the bottom. Think of it by just drawing a line from the coil core in to the axle and back out, the 8 pole cancels while the 9 pole does not intersect.

@All
    Anyone else actually get the files loaded into a slicer? I don't think there is anything wrong with the files but it's possible that the online storage is goofing them up.

I have posted these files differently now, maybe easier. I'm deleting the ZIP file and just hosting each file from a directory. I also made a 8 pole version of the relevant parts. The two versions still share a lot of the same parts.

Here is the new link, any more revisions will also go here.

Link:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmzmftzD-V0miHNbZQMvNTgPddSR

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Yes John that was what I meant. I'm not going to drag out the tissue and start crying about it but yea sometimes it feels like a lot of wasted effort. I was not reacting so much to this post in particular but more of an aggregate from most of the posting I have for awhile now.

You know you spend hours preparing something to share, sometimes the experiment your sharing has taken days to gather the data and you post it only to find that nobody seems to care. Occasionally you do get a few comments but it's just pretty low participation. I'm not expecting people to run out and build what I'm building but there is usually not much discussion so whats the point. For example you know awhile back I demonstrated an all metal build, I mean no transistors or diodes, you would think that would get a forum of builders excited enough to talk about it but not really as it turned out.

Look guys I can see there is enough interest in this right now so I will keep it going.

@Richard
    It sounds like your on a machine that does not have a file association for .STL files so it's using the wrong program. These files are STL's that need to be loaded into a slicer program for 3D printing. That program creates yet another file in another format .gcode which is leaded to the printer.

I'm making a lot of assumptions here but if you were to install Cura then you would be able to open those files.

The 9 pole was chosen for a few reasons but I don't want to get into all of them. The most obvious is the field structure and it's offset. When you have 8 poles you have two coils facing exactly opposite versus the 9 pole you will have 2 at the top and one at the bottom. Think of it by just drawing a line from the coil core in to the axle and back out, the 8 pole cancels while the 9 pole does not intersect.

@All
    Anyone else actually get the files loaded into a slicer? I don't think there is anything wrong with the files but it's possible that the online storage is goofing them up.

I have posted these files differently now, maybe easier. I'm deleting the ZIP file and just hosting each file from a directory. I also made a 8 pole version of the relevant parts. The two versions still share a lot of the same parts.

Here is the new link, any more revisions will also go here.

Link:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmzmftzD-V0miHNbZQMvNTgPddSR
    Original zipped files are fine I have no problem with them.
    - Patrick

Thanks for confirming Patrick.

@all
    I deleted the zip as mentioned but hosted the same files uncompressed so they should be fine moving forward.

Bob I am one of those guilty of lurking on this and other threads for some time now. Have been very busy and time limited and will be at least to the end of September. I don't have a 3-d printer and don't see one in the foreseeable future. That said I try to follow any thread you present on because of your novel approach on things. Your video on the south poles really got me. I am still trying to fully get my head around the explanation you gave in the thread of how that works on the timing. I am probably trying to read too much into the whole thing. your ideas have been helping me simplify a project I've been trying to design that keeps getting over-complicated on me. Thanks for everything.

Michael

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am starting to come off as a crybaby which I didn't really want to do but I had just felt that it was not worth the effort. It's nice to hear that it is appreciated.

AS for the south pole stuff think of it in a very simple way with me for a moment. On this machine I am setting the coils to fire when the pole is almost directly over the coil core which places the actual magnet almost exactly between two coils. You will have no induction at that point because the magnets are far away from the core so when the primary charges the core and collapses there is no inducted signal to interfere. With me on that?

Now I was hoping people would think on it and realize this other point but I will expand on it for you to ponder a bit deeper. There is a lot of talk about the ZFM lately and I'm sure those guys might jump all over me for saying this but what I am describing functions the same way. There is NO LENZ when timing this way. There is not much torque either because this is not a prime mover so it's not the same as a ZFM, not used for the same purpose but that characteristic is the same, no LENZ no induction. When the magnet is actually over the core on this setup it would like to induce a lenz except the SSR is in an OPEN state at that point, in other words the lead back to the negative is NOT engaged, there is no loop. The drag from lenz is only increased when current flows and in this situation there is nowhere for it to flow because the open SSR does not permit the loop back to ground.

A very similar situation occurs even on a regular setup because the trigger is inducted but not on the first half of the wave, it's on the later so that by the time the power coils fire the magnet has left the core, hence the 23 degrees. Even more so when your talking about a multi coil in which you slide the trigger coil over a bit. The cloverleaf pattern of the coil field has always been used, the upper left quadrant but turning the coil around accents that fact and then with it turned you have access to the other field as well, using both polarities. Anyway it's something to think about.

You're attitude is right, I'm wrong not giving feedback and using what you put out.

I think I got what you are saying about the timing and the poles now. I am used to thinking of the lenz effect in regards to the electrical current and was not considering the physical magnet. I need to sit down and draw myself some diagrams to further evaluate things and this will have a major impact on some things I am considering.

Greetings,
    Today I am posting a chart and video of the machine doing a mode 1 run on a garden battery.

Draw is about 700ma and it was about 27 hours but I actually let it run a bit longer than it needed too. This is teh build version exactly as described in the builder notes, SSR with 3 sets of coils in series/parallel.

BZ-9 pole mode1 chg.JPG

BZ-9 pole mode1 Pri.JPG

Video:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miRtsXEGUm2J_qGfe

Today I am posting a video showing my reduction gear system for cap dumping. This is not the full system but rather a look at the mechanical portion.

I will hook up a SSR or a FET to the reed to switch some power.

Link:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miR675obNFJM6ntAe

Nice Geneva Wheel. It takes lots of design work for those. I believe they are inherently clunky and perhaps not expected to run at high speed.