X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a super efficient air mover.

Hello,

I have an odd request.

I am a long time lurker, and SG experimenter. I have not achieved 1.0 COP yet. But I've gotten close.

Now I am interested in building the most efficient air mover that I can.

To that end I would like to build a Bedini SG that collects the output charge in a capacitor and switches/dumps that to a capacitor on the input. The input power cap will be primarily supplied by a small power supply.

Can someone provide a switching circuit that would dump the output back to the input periodically?

Preferably something that I can build myself. And as with all things robustness is directly related to complexity. So most simple is best.

Thank you for your time and attention. Sincerely.

Originally posted by lost_in_samoa View Post
    Hello,

I have an odd request.

I am a long time lurker, and SG experimenter. I have not achieved 1.0 COP yet. But I've gotten close.

Now I am interested in building the most efficient air mover that I can.

To that end I would like to build a Bedini SG that collects the output charge in a capacitor and switches/dumps that to a capacitor on the input. The input power cap will be primarily supplied by a small power supply.

Can someone provide a switching circuit that would dump the output back to the input periodically?

Preferably something that I can build myself. And as with all things robustness is directly related to complexity. So most simple is best.

Thank you for your time and attention. Sincerely.
    Hello,
    You have not really provided enough detail but I will suggest a few things to think about.

What size caps are you talking about, small or large?

I am assuming this is for a mechanical wheel setup?

So if your using small caps you could use a timing wheel and a reed switch. Just put a small pulley on your shaft and a larger pulley with a magnet on it off to the side. Wrap a rubber band or whatever you want to use for a belt around the two. Connect your back cap to your front cap in parallel BUT put the reed inline on the negative leg.

When the small pulley turns the larger one it will be slower giving time for the back cap to fill, then the magnet comes around and closes the reed which dumps the higher potential of the back cap to the front cap until they equalize. This will only work with small caps because as the current increases with larger caps it will fry the reed. You will also want to put a diode between your power supply and the primary cap to keep from feeding the higher voltage back into your supply.

For larger caps you can do pretty much the same except you will need to put a FET that can handle large currents inline on the negative instead of the reed and connect the reed to the gate of the FET instead. Use a very small cap or a small battery to supply the gate/reed. So in this situation you are switching the FET with the reed instead of the load directly with the reed.

In any case you want to time it so that the dump happens between your coil pulses, when your SSG circuit is in an off period.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 04-13-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X