Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor

Peter Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor

Hi All,

I have decided to replicate Peter Lindemann's Rotary Attraction Motor. This design has always fascinated me, so I decided to replicate it. It's a no BEMF design and can be seen on the "Energeticforum Y-tube Channel" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F39DaTXC7E and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNa_jryP8MY . If I can get good results I would like to try driving a no-BEMF generator with it.

I just started the build last week with an old DC motor I had lying around. It will probably take me a few weeks to get it finished. Here's a few photos of my first progress. DSC01280.jpg DSC01281.jpg DSC01282.jpg

I removed the windings from the rotor, removed the brushes, and shaved the rotor down to match the stator width. Upon energizing the coils, it pulls the rotor into alignment with a fair amount of force. The original motor was rated at 1/10th HP, 7000 RPM, 12.5 Amps, and 12 Volts. I removed the gear reduction from it as it was originally designed to power a wheel chair.

I experimented a little with magnets on a cast pulley and reed switches, but wasn't happy with the inconsistent results. I plan on using a hall switch arrangement instead, as I've achieved good results with that on one of my SSGs. And I may go to a non-magnetic flywheel as well. I want to be able to control timing and pulse width. I will be capturing the coil collapse with a fast diode and experimenting with various uses of the recovered energy.
    Gary Hammond,

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What kind of no back emf generator would you use?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Hi Aaron,

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    What kind of no back emf generator would you use?
    Not sure yet what to use. I was thinking of a flux gate, G-field, or Kromrey design. Possibly even a magneto type like used in the advanced SSG handbook. I'm open to any suggestions you may have!
    Gary Hammond,

Hi All,

Got my rotary attraction motor up and running today after a few false starts. LOL I started out using an MJL21194 transistor, but it was running way to warm to suit me, so I switched it out for an IRFP4310 power mosfet. This thing runs cool as a cucumber! No heating anywhere in the circuits or coils.

After experimenting with the timing I settled on a spot that gave good acceleration, moderate speed, and the lowest current draw. I hooked two lawn tractor batteries to it, both of which started with a resting voltage of 12.56 volts. It accelerated to 5500 RPM and immediately started raising the voltage of the charge battery while drawing about 510 ma from the run battery. It was developing more torque than I thought it might, and when loaded the charge battery started increasing voltage at a faster rate. And the current draw went up to about 700ma.

Here's some photos from the first run. After maybe 15 minutes the RPM was up to 5600+ and the voltage was increasing on BOTH batteries.

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01291.jpg
    Gary Hammond,

And here's photos of the voltage increase on both batteries.

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01292.jpg
    Gary Hammond,

Nice work Gary

Hi Gary are you claiming a COP>1.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Quote Originally Posted by Handy andy View Post
    Hi Gary are you claiming a COP>1.

Andy
    I'm not claiming anything at this point! What I posted was just the results of the first few minutes of running!

It does look promising, but I need to take several measurements over several long term runs. I also need to measure the mechanical output at the same time, in order to determine the total output compared to the electrical input. I was also using a couple of old, under capacity batteries which may have skewed the charge rate results. And it was running in radiant charge mode, as can be seen in the schematic drawing. I haven't tried it in common ground mode yet.

It does behave similar to my best SSG running in common ground mode, which requires only .8 amp hr to recharge this same battery after removing 1 amp hr from it. Notice I said amp hrs, not watt hrs. It's electrical COP is still slightly under one as can be seen when swapping batteries in a continuous run. They eventually both lose voltage. But it is also pulling a mechanical load of genny coils or two fans at the same time. So the TOTAL COP of that machine may well be unity, or slightly over. Here's a link to the post on that one where I forgot to take the watt hrs into account and only reported the amp hrs as COP. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...3237#post13237
    Gary Hammond,

Hi All,

OK, I've run this thing for several hours over the past three days and it exhibits very similar behavior to a regular SSG. The charge battery slowly charges and the run battery slowly runs down. It does, however, appear to produce more mechanical torque than a standard SSG while running on only 500ma. I hooked my scope to it this evening, and was somewhat surprised to also see nearly the same voltage wave form across the coil as an SSG.

The first scope shot shows about a 20% duty cycle, 205.76 cps (6173 RPM), and noticeable ringing throughout coil discharge. This is a lot more ringing than any of my SSG machines!

DSC01330.jpg

In the second scope shot, you can see the 6 volt radiant spike when the FET turns off. And you can also see some of the ringing over the rest of the wave form.

DSC01329.jpg

In the last scope shot you can see the pronounced ringing after the FET switches off.

DSC01331.jpg

Since there are no magnets going past the coil, I thought there would be less of an "h" shape and more of a triangular shape to the collapsing wave form. But then again, I was probably thinking in terms of current rather than voltage! Peter shows a triangular current wave shape in his presentation as shown in this photo.

Rotary Attraction Motor.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on why all the extra ringing shows up?
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 04-17-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add question
    Gary Hammond,