Light Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Therapy

Hello. I would like to start this thread and hope that others may contribute their expertise. I began working on this project few years ago but had to put on the back burner due to the other ideas.
    What I'm talking about is the use of light at certain wavelengths for improving our health.
    While it maybe common knowledge of beneficial effect of infrared - heat, there are other parts of visible spectrum which may interfere in positive way with our bodies. They are all waves which have been given artificial names to help identify them. Sound- infra, ultra, light - visible and not. We're electrical beings having spiritual experience and responding in different ways to all vibrations just as every living thing in the Universe, through their leaves, flower buds, skin and pineal glands. We respond to those vibrations - the sound, music, white or color noise. It can feel warm, soothing or cold, agitating etc.
    Those vibrations don't have to come even from light but mere reflection such as walls painted in certain color or interior details. Architectural shapes, art - paintings and music can influence and alter our state of mind, mood and way we feel.
    Instead of writing more I'll post couple links which have some more information on this subject.

Energetic Science Ministries | Healing with LED's | Aaron Murakami
    LED Light Therapy
    I'm not associated by any means with this site but they have nice products -
    Hand Held LED units, Light Therapy panels, Infrared light therapy, LED ARRAYS 660nm and 880nm LEDs
    www.LEDwholesalers.com

Thanks
    Vtech
    Last edited by blackchisel97; 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM.

Couple quotes from different sources:

- The power of red light was originally harnessed by NASA, which proved that it helped to heal wounds and burns, and it has been used — successfully — for the treatment of skin cancer.
    As with many medical breakthroughs, the cosmetic benefits of red light subsequently emerged and it’s now becoming widely available in High Street salons and shops.
    We’ve all heard of infra-red light, which is invisible. But the fast-growing trend is for visible red light — a gentle and effective way of healing and rejuvenating skin.

‘Red light easily penetrates the dermis and can help with a variety of skin conditions, such as acne, rosacea, scarring and eczema, as well as improving skin quality,’

‘The heat and light boost circulation, bringing more blood and nutrients to the area,’ she explains. ‘It also instigates the release of chemical messengers called cytokines. As more cytokines are released, collagen-producing cells called fibroblasts leap into action. If healing is required, then the skin will heal; if it is already healthy, you will get a plumping effect from the extra collagen created.’

Light waves get their color from their wavelength. Red light has the longest, violet the shortest.

Red Light Therapy - NASA Stumbles Upon Miraculous Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Therapy : A Jetpak created by wholesalespot : Jeteye

What I have in mind, beside portable unit with fixed or pulsing LED's is the Light-Sound Synchronizer. It would allow to adjust light spectrum and intensity while being synchronized with sound module. Since every fundamental tone has its partner (many octaves up) in light spectrum, it will activate sine wave generator (perhaps polyphonic - allowing to use chords as well as single notes) with adjustable volume. Anyway, just an idea

Thanks
    Vtech

Comment

Vtech, thanks for starting this topic - one of my favorites!

I was intimately involved with some of the pioneers in the LED healing world and would have to dispute that NASA discovered anything.

Almost 30 years ago, red LEDs were coming on the scene in a big way and the first person to ever use one for healing purposes was Marvin Caine (spelling?) - he is considered the father of equestrian acupuncture. He used a unit built by an aerospace engineer - not a NASA development - he was just doing some electronics work as a job. The lights pulsed according to the Nogier tissue resonance frequencies. Rock got kicked up in a race horse's eye and cut the cornea. Normally, it is saline solution wash repeatedly and in about a week it heals.

The horse doc put the lights on 292hz (ectoderm tissue) and shined it into the horse's eye. In HOURS, the entire cut had closed.

That was the first time LED's were used for healing that anyone can document.

Surgeons (possibly Russian) were doing work with lasers for cutting people open for surgery. What they noticed is that the incisions healed faster when they were cut open by a laser (burn) compared to a knife. So they thought - "if we turn down the laser to very low power and apply it to a cut, will it help heal faster" - and yes it did. That was really where red light therapy came from in the modern time and that WAY predated anything NASA did with hit. NASA's work was primarily with Dr. Whelan and was featured in 2001 Jan (maybe) National Geographic - Can red light hasten healing of cuts in space. Cuts don't heal right in "zero gravity" but when shining red light on it, they heal fast.

After LED's came out, then the "cold laser" therapy turned to LED.

There are many companies claiming to "be the first", etc... but the facts are that Chee Energy with Dr. Charles T. McGee, Rodger Estes and myself was the first company ever to make the LED's available that were pulsed at the Nogier frequencies to the public for use on people.

David O. of "Light Energy" pre-dated us by having his "Light Shaker" and other red light products available - but the frequencies he used seemed to be random for the sake of having pulsed light. Rodger knew him for years. I met David and his wife a few times. Out of anyone, they probably were the original ones that grew the awareness about LED light therapy beyond anyone else before we came along.

Before that, almost nobody was making red/infrared light products specifically for healing.

Anyway, recently I had ordered some red light panels earlier this year from Ebay for the purpose of growing plants but I have healing applications in mind. I also ordered a security infrared light at 924nm. I built a little transistor circuit to chop the dc power supply and put some connectors on a project box to connect those power supplies and the whole thing is controlled by a function generating using only the square wave setting. That way, I have a totally dynamic unit that I can set for anything I want to do.

I just put the transistor in the negative line of the dc supply and paralleled the trigger to control them all together with the function generator.

Whole project was about $250 and will do more than units selling for thousands of dollars.

What I got excited about in the last 1.5 years is learning about redox signaling molecules because the red/infrared stimulate the atp production in the mitochondria meaning that more redox signaling molecules are produced. It is limited to the number of mitochondria we have so won't produce the amounts avail in ASEA for example, but it completely makes sense of the incredible healing response we documented over all those years.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Nice to read you Aaron and thank you for contribution. My reference to NASA came from reading rather than personal knowledge. I'm aware that light therapy has been used for years in certain military hospitals to speed up post surgical healing.
        I was also thinking about using Nogier Resonance to target specific problems and I'm glad you mentioned as well. This is very fascinating subject and I hope to continue this project soon.

Thanks
        Vtech

Comment

Here is some info on Nogier Resonance - Dr. Nogier - French Neurologist

Vtech

Comment

Thanks a good brief article on Nogier. Dr. McGee actually knew Nogier and studied with him in Lyon, France to my recollection so I was able to get a lot of the straight scoop on this.

Nogier started with pulsing electromagnetic coils and it went from there. It might have been Dan P. who first used the Nogier frequencies with LED's. Haven't thought about a lot of that for a long time.

Healing Energies of Heat and Light: Charles T. McGee MD: 9780963697967: Amazon.com: Books that is McGees book that goes into a lot of what we were doing. I helped edit the book and even took some of those photos and he doesn't even give me credit! lol

Anyway, it does show a lot of what we were doing not just with light, but combining it with infrared saunas, etc... Incredible synergy with anything else you add since the red light works at the mitochondrial level - so anything else will automatically work better.

I'm actually going to release an e-book on red and infrared light healing but that won't be for a while but if you know about Nogier and can hook a function generator to control some red/infrared light panels, you have a very universal system.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I have been experimenting with light therapy for about two years now, I have built a few different devices. I started with 5mm LEDS and now test with 1watt LEDs.

Here are some pics

5mm LEDs - center blue, middle reddish(630ish nm), IR 850nm

Again with a Succor Punch

5mm setup with the microcontroller (Arduino)

1watt LEDs with 60 degree lens. 450nm, 660nm, 850nm