Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Vtech,

If you can get the frequency to be square on with a 555 setup, that would be great.

That's an AWESOME deal on those IR panels on ebay. I didn't see those before when I bought my ir floodlight, which cost about $80.

That sellers shows they have a 560 IR LED panel but I couldn't find any avail. Do you know if they're just sold out? Their info says it is about $35 for that one.
    Aaron, Last time I checked there was one repaired available-

Each S+H S+H S+H S/H each unit.
    Part code Price CAN USA INT Description Stock available

PCB-AIR1408560 $16 6 7 9 140 LED, 850nm, 60 deg. >10 available
    PCB-AIR1408530 $16 6 7 9 140 LED, 850nm, 30 deg. eBay LIST STANDARD UNIT
    3 4 5 SH per additional board
    PCB-AIR2248520 $19 7 8.5 12 224 LED, 850nm, 20 deg. 10 available
    3 5 7 SH per additional board
    PCB-AIR2528510 $24 7 8.5 12 252 LED, 850nm, 10 deg. 4 available
    3 5 7 SH per additional board
    PCB-AIR3508530 $39 8 9.5 15 350 LED, 850nm, 30 deg. >10 available

PCB-AIR3508510 $43 8 9.5 15 350 LED, 850nm, 10 deg. 7 available
    4 6 8 SH per additional board
    PCB-AIR5608520-R $35 9 12.5 20 560 LED, 850nm, 20 deg. Repaired, used, good 1 available
    5 7 20 small packet

PCB-AIR1408530 (140 LED, 850nm, 30 deg.) is the standard shipped item as priced on the listing. Other LED panels are priced as listed above. Check out 1 unit and please specify the LED array and quantity you want. I will send you an updated invoice with shipping. Also available are LED power supplies and heatsink parts and hardware. Quantity discount available for multiple units. Please contact us.

That's the one - red I got it now - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130749511336?...84.m1497.l2649
    What I was thinking is to replace a field, say 6x8 LED in the center with IR's from other panel. If I could afford I would buy all these IR panels. He also has heatsinks, power supplies etc.

Vtech
    Last edited by blackchisel97; 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

This is the pulsing circuit I've been working on - Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Pulser with Nogier presets.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	45129

Thanks
      Vtech

Comment

I've been testing my pulser circuit and everything seems to be running fine. One suggestion for those willing to replicate; try to adjust 1M trimpot so you'll get 73 pps at 400nF. You may get a bit more than 50% duty cycle but it should be easy to tune higher steps (next four) with 100nF capacitors only. My panel is rated at 14W and I'm not exceeding Amp draw (0.88A at 15V) despite powering with 15V instead of supplied adapter -12V. You can get laptop adapters rated at 15V 3-5A and they will work just fine, even for bigger arrays.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	45130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	45131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	45132.

Thanks
        Vtech

Comment

Hello.

It has been very quiet in EHT threads lately , just teasing. I've been testing my LED pulser and rehomed to pcb last night. Everything works fine. I ordered 15V4A Toshiba laptop power supply which has the same jack as my LED panel (6.3mmx3mm) and found small rotary 7 position switch which is in the mail. Everything should fit nicely inside the panel when done. -Click image for larger version

Name:	rotary switch 7 pos.JPG
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	45136 Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Nogier pulser.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	45143

Update Jan 04 2013. Unfortunately, switch wont fit inside so I'll make separate unit housing power supply and pulsing circuit. This way it will be more universal and allow connecting to any LED panel. DC output jack is the only part which will have to be customized according to LED power socket.
          Also, variable frequency generator/counter arrived. It would be hard to make this from scratch for the amount it costs. It has memory allowing to store settings. Square and sine waves are good. Oscillator is controlled by quartz so it should be very stable. It can also work as frequency counter for external source. Click image for larger version

Name:	Function Generator Counter.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	45163
          Thanks
          V
          Last edited by blackchisel97; 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Hello. IR panels just arrived today. They should be driven by constant current supply 11.5V@2A. Meanwhile, I was thinking of making LED pulsing unit which would allow setting to any pulse rate (according to Dr Nogier) but also being made as "plug and play". There are people having LED panels which maybe interested in such unit without any modification to their panel. Most have standard 6.3mm x 3mm jacks and operate on 12VDC. Some may be only interested in one - 294pps or just couple settings, not all seven. I just finished designing two units like that. Both will have internal power supply, square wave generators and mosfet switch. One will have preset, switchable frequencies. Second will have variable digital square signal generator and LED display allowing for precise tuning into desired pulse repetition. Both will be "user friendly" -easy to operate. Just another product of my restless mind. Photos below are IR 140 LED panel and my pulser idea.

Thanks
            Vtech

Name:	LED PULSER.JPG
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	45144Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	45145

Comment

Hello guys.
              Recently I did receive a feedback from Aaron regarding Nogier frequencies. It seems that we should take 73Hz and create higher frequencies based on it. So, instead of 147 we're going to have 146, instead of 294 should be 292 and so on. Since oscillating frequency of LM555 depends on capacitance and resistance it would be hair pulling task to hand pick capacitors for each setting. It is possible to leave them on and do fine tuning with potentiometer but without being able to see on the scope or measure we can't be sure our setting is correct. While I can go around using variable freq. generator with display such option isn't available for many of us. So, I did some search and found small panel frequency meter online. It can be powered from 12V rail and connected to the output (pin 3) of LM555. It has range from 20Hz - 9999Hz which is more than enough and accuracy of 0.2-0.5. For instance, 292Hz will be displayed as 292.0. What I would change in the schematic circuit is to replace 1M pot with fixed resistor (once tuned as close as possible measure and replace with close value resistor) and put 10k pot in series. This will allow for fine tuning for each setting. Of course this circuit doesn't have to be replicated with all settings but perhaps only 292Hz. Anyway, I have to wait for meter to arrive and than try everything.
              Below is the update of my idea.

Thanks
              V

Name:	LED Pulser with Nogier presets.JPG
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	45190

Comment

Hello. This is tested timer which can be used for any of the devices requiring either switching off or notifying user. Red LED blinks in slower/faster mode depending on setting. Green turns on when set period of time has been reached. Potentiometer can be 1MOhm regardless of required time cycle. Transistor collector can either drive a buzzer (it has to be an active one, not the passive which requires signal source) or relay with spike suppressing diode across its coil.Transistor can be different. I also replaced 1k LED resistors with 5.6k to limit further power draw.

Enjoy

Vtech

Name:	CD4060 Timer Circuit.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	45201
                Last edited by blackchisel97; 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Quick update. Buzzers just arrived and I tested them with timer from previous post. Buzzer replaces green LED and serial resistor isn't necessary. Hard to ignore when goes off. My main purpose was to use for Colloid Generator but it can work with anything.
                  I had frustrating day trying to calibrate oscillator with LED frequency meter for Red Light Pulser. I had a "blond moment" when bought this panel meter. It suppose to have accuracy of 0.5% which is fine for lower settings but 0.5% with 292Hz is 1.45Hz.
                  How am I suppose to fit this device with meter which shows 290.5 on 292 setting? This is a small, red LED meter which costs between $13-17. There is other way to use DDS generator stabilized by quartz resonator and with its own LCD. More expensive but accurate. I really want to make this simple but without cutting corners (or rounding pulses).
                  I'll keep working on it and will post when done.

Vtech
                  Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-08-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

This is my prototype of handset for RLT (Red Light Therapy) pulsing device. I have 1W 660nm 40deg LED in it which should be enough for small area treatment. In the background is (coming slowly) prototype of Magnetic Pulser. There are still some issues to iron out before calling a success.

Name:	RLT Handset.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	45295

Thanks
                    Vtech

Comment

Hi guys. I've been trying to find another reliable oscillator for RLT and perhaps other uses. I'm not too happy with 555 and d.c depending of frequency issue. While it is possible to use two of them I searched for other simple ways. One of them is CD4047 (or HCF4047). Circuit is simple, only 5 components (not counting LED and its limiting resistor) and it works really well. Changing frequency has no effect on duty cycle which stays at 50%. By changing capacitor value I went down to few pps and up to 16kHz just to see if there are any distortions present. On the basic schematic there is a 330k in series with 100k pot and 10nF capacitor. By changing 330k resistor to be as close as possible to the desired pulse rate we can use 1k-5k pot or trimmer for fine adjustment. Values required for 292 pps are as follows: 78k (2x39k in series) 1k pot and 10nF capacitor. Those values had been tested with input from 5VDC to 9VDC. Higher voltage will require slight adjustment of resistance or replacing 1k with 5k pot. Wave is nice and there is no drifting as common with 555's.
                      I'll work further to get preset frequencies so they can be selected by switch without any extra tuning.

Vtech

Name:	4047 Squarewave-Inverter-Oscillator.JPG
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	45296

Comment

Here is a simplified circuit with value for 292 pps. Due to the tolerance of resistor and different input voltage it may be necessary to have 1k trimming pot in series. Same applies for other settings.

Vtech

Name:	4047 Squarewave-Inverter-Oscillator.JPG
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	45298, Click image for larger version

Name:	4047 292 pps wave.JPG
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	45299Click image for larger version

Name:	Pen 4047I.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	45300

Comment

I've been testing new timer today and got all 7 settings done with fixed resistors. It was necessary to combine up to three in series for some settings but I figured it will be more reliable than using trimpots which may drift due to impact etc.
                          Increasing resistance lowers pulse rate output so the easiest way is to get slightly higher than desired with one or two resistors and add another in tens or hundreds of Ohms range. I'm currently running from 12VDC but I decided to put 6.8V zener diode and run 4047 from such. It draws only 14mA and works just fine, much nicer than LM555.
                          I think I'm going to use this chip for 12VDC-220VAC inverter which I want to test with Cockroft Walton multiplier ( Negative Ion Generator). Actually, this would even make nice few hundred watts inverter for other purposes.

I got another idea If I could use 4017 decade counter with 4093 NAND gates......I could (perhaps) run the clock input from another slow astable multivibrator. Each pulse will cause to switch between seven outputs of 4017. There is also an option to leave it on one of them on by using EN/RESET inputs.
                          What I was thinking is automatic running thru all preset frequencies and staying on each setting for x amount of time or stopping scan on the particular one we're interested. Anyway, just an idea, not tested yet.

Right after I posted this It occurred to me that the chip I'm working with has binary counter in it. It must be late

Vtech
                          Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I've been testing my new oscillator and I'm very pleased with it. Once the cap is chosen for certain range final tuning can be done with resistors and small trimmer. Circuit runs from 3-15V and maintains 50% duty cycle regardless of variables.
                            Here is one I'm testing for Light Pulser with 7 position switch. All tuning resistors are soldered directly to the switch, which reduces number of wires going to the board to only two. Other pic is another prototype of 1W 660nm pen. Pen will be connected by coiled cable with 3.5mm plug to the hand held unit. I need to check couple models of frequency meters to see if I can incorporate them with the device. Unit will also have another output to drive larger LED panel.

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	45306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	45307

Thanks
                            Vtech

Comment

Great work Vtech! The pen is neat. I started to reconfigure the the 13x 1watt light I built, still need to build some circuits.
                              Position a solar panel with an iPhone/iPad with Solar Tracker!
                              http://solartrackerapp.com

Comment

I've been testing my little light pulser built on 4047 and it works great with both - a pen and 16W 660nm LED panel. It is so much easier to work with this circuit than fiddle with caps/resistors on 555.
                                One more idea for those who are more into digital: If we use one 4047 to generate highest Nogier frequency - 4,672kHz, we can drive series of J-K Flip Flops which will divide incoming frequency by 2. Their Q output will be 1/2 of incoming signal, so the square output of second IC will be 1/4 of the clocking signal. By adding more Flip Flops we can get precise division all the way to 73Hz. Just an idea to try it.

Thanks
                                Vtech

Name:	divider.jpg
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	45337

Comment

Working...
                                X