Light Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    I'm actually going to release an e-book on red and infrared light healing but that won't be for a while

I will buy a copy whenever you release it. I am very interested.

Comment

I found that ebay has many leds in good prices

Comment

I've been interested in the light/sound healing for many years now, gives me pleasure to see we have a thread on this now.

Here are quickly some of my thoughts on this:

I think you are going all wrong about this, jacking up the LED power. Power is not the issue because if I recall correctly it has been
        shown over and over again that even extremely low amplitude waves can affect the living organisms. A closer, but lower amplitude,
        source will override a more distant but stronger source.

Here's a handy image I saved few years back, I'm sure you can find better ones on the interwebs.

As you can see from the image, penetration distance and amplitude directly depend on the wavelength, with longer wavelengths
        going deeper into the skin. Think of the wavelength as a carrier signal, while pulsing it is the actual encoding (message).

I personally believe we need to go backwards with this though, and reverse engineer cellular emissions through FFTs or similar.

Unfortunately, our barbaric medeval medical science is not concerned with curing/healing but only treating/charging money. What we need
        is a real-time input from the living organism and monitoring of cellular processes, without killing the organism in the process to do so.
        And all that non-invasive as well.

I am not aware of any methods, or public technologies (I do believe there could be secret ones), that do this beyond measuring "basic"
        "life signs" (blood pressure, temperature, galvanic response, eeg/ekg/emg, ultrasound, etc) which is pretty pathetic as these have been
        around and known for a century now.

For anything else you have to dig into the organism and physically retrieve (from a blood sample to an "exploratory surgery").

I apologize I went into raving about the issue, but it boils my noodle how money is wasted every year in wrong (imho) directions...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by amigo View Post
          I think you are going all wrong about this, jacking up the LED power.

As you can see from the image, penetration distance and amplitude directly depend on the wavelength, with longer wavelengths
          going deeper into the skin. Think of the wavelength as a carrier signal, while pulsing it is the actual encoding (message).
          That is a great picture. Wavelength and frequency are more important than power, but power does have benefits because it does deliver more joules to the cells.

660nm is the standard visible red and has benefits because that is about the same diameter as certain cells and mitochondria - so they're antennas for red (and towards IR size). 880nm IR or longer are great for deeper penetration, warming muscles on the inside, etc... My favorite is red + infrared combination. The only other color that I think is even needed is blue for acne, etc... but for the most part red + infrared is the way to go for 99% of just about everything.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

That has me thinking that the application might be limited at the 660nm/880nm range, if it only affects mitochondria. Sadly, as I noted, we have no way of determining whether it actually does anything or not on the cellular level because we can't monitor the cellular process.

Of course, what does pulsing at various frequencies accomplish then (referring back to Dr. Nogier)?

Comment

That has me thinking that the application might be limited at the 660nm/880nm range, if it only affects mitochondria. Sadly, as I noted, we have no way of determining whether it actually does anything or not on the cellular level because we can't monitor the cellular process.

Of course, what does pulsing at various frequencies accomplish then (referring back to Dr. Nogier)?
              Sure we can - we can measure ATP production, redox signaling molecule production, etc... directly measuring mitochondrial response. It doesn't only effect mitochondria because direct warming of tissue can increase circulation, etc...

For example - infrared is GRAS according to the FDA. (Generally Recognized as Safe.) Infrared alone can relax tight muscles, improve circulation, improve mobility in joints, relieve pain and the 5th claim that I don't recall at the moment. And, the red and infrared also directly inputs potential energy right into the acupuncture meridians and we can measure that too. See Fritz Popp's work - so it works on the meridians as well.

Also, the 660nm range is the same size as chlorophyll, which is almost identical to the hemoglobin in our red blood cells - just uses magnesium instead of iron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	heme-chlorophyll.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	45121

And we can see the effects that red and infrared have on plant growth. There are some blue light benefits, but it is primarily the red and infrared that has the main benefit to my understanding. So, the chlorophyll is an antenna for red~infrared light.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Depends on embryologic origin of tissue. We start as all the same kind of cells then they differentiate into 3 types - ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm. Whatever tissue is the origin for what we're working on, just use the frequency for that tissue. Skin - use ectoderm frequency of 292Hz for example.
                Aaron Murakami

Comment

hemoglobin, as any pigment, absorbs light at a specific wavelength. chemically, it looks very similar to clorophyll, it just has an iron atom in it's middle, instead of clorophyll's magnesium.
                  being red, one would guess it's light absorbtion spectrum would be a deep green - that would explain why we 'feel' so good in the forrest

also, the iris pigments absorb light at specific wavelengths, irises being kind of our own solar dishes ; also the hair's colour transforms harmfull UV into heat, and probably has some other effects too. that would explain why we have so many hair on our heads (next to our brains), and why yogis never cut their hairs (they say it's their antennae to knowledge).

many organo-metallic compounds absorb and emit light, the metallic atom acting as a kind of 'antennae'. that also makes sense from an alchemical point of view, as alchemists tried to 'capture the metallic luster' (gold being the preferred element in this quest).
                  Hide the TRUTH and it becomes your enemy.
                  Disclose it, and it becomes your weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by bhairava View Post
                    hemoglobin, as any pigment, absorbs light at a specific wavelength. chemically, it looks very similar to clorophyll, it just has an iron atom in it's middle, instead of clorophyll's magnesium.
                    being red, one would guess it's light absorbtion spectrum would be a deep green - that would explain why we 'feel' so good in the forrest

also, the iris pigments absorb light at specific wavelengths, irises being kind of our own solar dishes ; also the hair's colour transforms harmfull UV into heat, and probably has some other effects too. that would explain why we have so many hair on our heads (next to our brains), and why yogis never cut their hairs (they say it's their antennae to knowledge).

many organo-metallic compounds absorb and emit light, the metallic atom acting as a kind of 'antennae'. that also makes sense from an alchemical point of view, as alchemists tried to 'capture the metallic luster' (gold being the preferred element in this quest).
                    Oxygenated hemoglobin's absorption wavelength is 660nm, which is very red and if it is lacking the oxygen, then it is in the far infrared range.

That is why oxygen meters that clip on to the finger for example (pulse oximeters) use red light.

There really is no such thing as reflected light - there is only absorbed and re-emitted light. Conventional science has this completely wrong.

But I agree about the hair - even Samson claimed to draw strength from the hair. It's a waveguide for the aether and our intuition is influenced by it. However, if we develop our mental abilities, we can access the collective all we want even with a shaved head. And, we can use light to augment these abilities as well.
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron, I've read somewhere that yellow may stimulate collagen. Is this something you came across?
                      My first 660nm red LED panel just arrived - Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	45127
                      I'll work today on the pulse generator/driver circuit and post when ready.

Thanks
                      Vtech

Comment

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                        Aaron, I've read somewhere that yellow may stimulate collagen. Is this something you came across?
                        My first 660nm red LED panel just arrived - [ATTACH=CONFIG]1230[/ATTACH]
                        I'll work today on the pulse generator/driver circuit and post when ready.

Thanks
                        Vtech
                        Red and infrared for sure stimulate collagen production in a big way. I don't think yellow can compete.

Years ago, our company (Chee Energy) was featured in a lot of magazines and papers and even featured by Dr. Susan Lark. Several were all about how red light can reduce wrinkles on the face by stimulating the production of collagen.

Red and infrared is incredible for anything dealing with connective tissue related issues.

Years ago, an experiment was done with rabbits. Tendons were severed in the leg I think where they attached to the bones. They were then reattached and red light was used to treat the reattachment area. After it was healed, it was so strong where it was reattached that when testing how strong by sacrificing the rabbits and pulling the tendons from the bone, it actually ripped in the middle of the tendon and not at the connection point! Poor rabbits - that was done at some university but shows something very important for connective tissue.

I really haven't seen anything that red and infrared can't do with superior results compared to any other color therapy except for maybe blue, which has benefits for acne that red and infrared aren't as good at treating.

I studied Dinshah for a while, Let There Be Light, etc... and have rolls and rolls of every color filter imaginable. From what I've seen, red and infrared alone with the right frequencies makes all that multi color light therapy obsolete. Where I think the other colors shine is in psychological benefits for mood. Blue is calming, red is invigorating, pink (Eddie Baker Pink) like the bubble gum pink makes people docile and weak and is why some prisons paint the walls that color, etc...
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thanks Aaron . I'm having a brainstorm about what circuit or IC I should use for pulsing this LED panel. I suppose, the simpliest would be LM555. Just a bit of headache creating array of switchable capacitors which have the right values. It seems easier to make 7 separate oscillators and switch the one which is needed. For myself I would probably use only three frequencies from Nogier list but I want to make this universal so the others may benefit as well. Back to bench
                          I'm thinking of using N-FET as a switch.

Thanks
                          Vtech

Comment

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                            Thanks Aaron . I'm having a brainstorm about what circuit or IC I should use for pulsing this LED panel. I suppose, the simpliest would be LM555. Just a bit of headache creating array of switchable capacitors which have the right values. It seems easier to make 7 separate oscillators and switch the one which is needed. For myself I would probably use only three frequencies from Nogier list but I want to make this universal so the others may benefit as well. Back to bench
                            I'm thinking of using N-FET as a switch.

Thanks
                            Vtech
                            The way I built my own (if you don't mind having it tied down with a cord going to a function generator) is to use a transistor to chop one of the DC power supply lines. I put it in a box and made it so that for whatever LED panel I have, I can plug the wall power supply DC end into a plug in the box, then below that is an output jack that goes to the led panel plug. In between is of course the transistor chopped with the transistor and the function generator supplies the pulse to the base. That way I can just dial in whatever frequency I want and I only use square wave option.

My coax cable broke where it is connected to the connector that screws onto the jack on the generator so I have to get a new one or solder that back together, but otherwise it works perfect.

I only have the jacks setup for 2 lights. 1 is a red led panel from ebay or amazon and the other is a 924nm IR flood light for security systems. That IR one has a light sensor in the middle that keeps the unit off when there is daylight, so I removed the glass and simply put some black electrical tape over it so it turns on whenever I want it to come on. the 3rd light I want is a shorter wavelength IR around 880nm.

Ultimately what I want it to line the entire inside of my infrared sauna with red and infrared panels. I just wish I could find some flat panels in IR like the red and blue ones that are available all over the place. I'll take my ASEA redox signaling molecules, wait and then take my other stuff and then sit in the ir sauna and get the heat and the pulsed leds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just fyi... there are many photosensitive herbs you can take that increase the effectiveness of all light therapy. However, be careful if you're under a good amount of sun because they'll make you tan quicker. That includes st johns wort, various kinds of parsley, etc...

For example, there is a synthetic chemical branded as Photofrin. If that is taken, it has a tendency to accumulate in tumors and other cancerous areas. It was used in children with esophageal cancer. It accumulated in the cancer in the throat, red fiber optics are put down the throat, light triggers a chemical reaction with the Photofrin that causes the chemical to kill the cancer cell.

You can do the same with photosensitive herbs, they accumulate in various areas but do have an affinity for cancer cells. When hit with the red light, same goal in mind. En Light En was sold by Light Energy, one of the original pioneers in led healing devices.

------------------------------------------------------------

Formulated By Dr. John Heinerman

A blend of herbs and spices, with health giving properties, which contain the ability to bio-chemically utilize solar energy (photodynamic). When activated by light, En-Light-En facilitates the effectiveness of light and heat therapy applications plus it further increases the body's assimilation of the formula's ingredients.

Light activation can occur from sunlight, full spectrum light, monochromatic single frequency light (lasers and LEDs) or infrared light.

This product was formulated by Dr. John Heinerman, world-renowned authority on botanical medicine, author of 36 books including Heinerman's Encyclopedia of Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs.

The product contains Angelica Rhizome, Goldenseal Root, Parsley Herb, Coriander Seed, Black Walnut Hulls, Pau D'arco Bark, Turmeric Rhizome, St. Johns Wort (leaf and flower).

It is packaged in 100% natural preservative-free gelatin capsules and contains 90 capsules. It is useful for improving low energy, depression, skin irritation and many more problems normally treated by light and heat therapy.
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron, that's great info about photosensitive herbs and totally new field to me. I greatly appreciate that you shared this.
                              I just finished playing with capacitors in my pulsing circuit and it looks like success. I managed to find right resistors combination so the only variable necessary to switch is capacitance. There are other ways, including op amps and using regulated voltage instead but I want it to be fairly simple to replicate. LM 555 is very popular, cheap and most people are familiar with it. I'll let it run while having some late dinner and hopefully post schematics tomorrow. I had to combine parallel/serial caps in order to get right frequencies. All caps have some tolerance and there was 5-10% difference among the same value. It is basic astable oscillator built around 555 with seven switchable capacitors between pin2/6 and neg. rail - pin 1 (probably rotary switch will be good) driving N-channel MOSFET switching load (LED panel) on the high side.
                              I just bought 2 infrared panels of 140 LED's each. $16 plus $5 shipping each. Here is the eBay link - CCTV camera infrared LED PCB Panel board IR light, high power 850nm array module | eBay
                              They also have 224, 252, 350 and one left 560 LED. LED's have between 10 -30 deg.

Thanks
                              Vtech
                              Last edited by blackchisel97; 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Vtech,

If you can get the frequency to be square on with a 555 setup, that would be great.

That's an AWESOME deal on those IR panels on ebay. I didn't see those before when I bought my ir floodlight, which cost about $80.

That sellers shows they have a 560 IR LED panel but I couldn't find any avail. Do you know if they're just sold out? Their info says it is about $35 for that one.
                                Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                                X