Bedini SG in Self run mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alvaro,

Mmm, not a good idea. SG and Window motor on the same shaft ...
    The SG is not a good prime mover although John always insisted that we use the power of the shaft. So, the shaft power is important and adds to the efficiency which has been stated many times.
    If you think about the SG a little, it is a compacted Watson machine already.
    If you want faster speed, Peter Lindemann showed in the Advanved Hand Book a way to get it. Plus the low-drag generator. You were doing some experiments in that direction as I remember so I encourage you to continue with that. I hope you have seen already the machine Peter showed at the last conference (2016) that incorporated all of this plus the new method of running it. If you have not seen it here you can see it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq40VY2rAR4

Tom C has already outlined some very good points about the SG in the very first post of this thread.

The Window motor can be used with a low drag generator as John had shown us in pictures on his pages, but this would be a different machine and not an SG.

Regards
    Lman

Comment

Originally posted by Lman View Post
      Hi Alvaro,

Mmm, not a good idea. SG and Window motor on the same shaft ...
      The SG is not a good prime mover although John always insisted that we use the power of the shaft. So, the shaft power is important and adds to the efficiency which has been stated many times.
      If you think about the SG a little, it is a compacted Watson machine already.
      If you want faster speed, Peter Lindemann showed in the Advanved Hand Book a way to get it. Plus the low-drag generator. You were doing some experiments in that direction as I remember so I encourage you to continue with that. I hope you have seen already the machine Peter showed at the last conference (2016) that incorporated all of this plus the new method of running it. If you have not seen it here you can see it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq40VY2rAR4

Tom C has already outlined some very good points about the SG in the very first post of this thread.

The Window motor can be used with a low drag generator as John had shown us in pictures on his pages, but this would be a different machine and not an SG.

Regards
      Lman
      Yeah I am still doing the experiments, when I made my actual little machine back in 2014, I intended to make an ssg + coil shorting generator. But when I was doing that, the advanced book came out, I bought it and change coil shorting for the low drag generator. At that time, my gen coils would not make a lot of voltage over the battery voltage so I could not dump as fast as I intended. At that time I got discouraged and abandoned the project by third time.

A couple of months ago I decided to try again, the 4th time lol. I made a coil shorting circuit with 2 mosfets source to source like conehead diagrams, but the signal comes from a dual 555 PWM circuit that I made, and the dual 555 is triggered by a hall switch + pnp. If I show the diagram you would laugh because the way I found to activate and deactivate the dual 555 with the hall is probably the worse method, I couldn't found another way to do it.. I have no electronics background, etc, I am a programmer. But anyway, I have a working coil shorting circuit which I have not yet tested fully. It works but I have not tested that vs normal low drag generator etc.

about the video of Peter, yes I have seen it, but it is just a preview, I do not have the full length video, does it says something new besides what is on the advanced book?

best

Alvaro
      Last edited by AlvaroHN; 02-09-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Alvaro,
        I do not know what might be new or not to you in Peter's presentation. I personally enjoyed it. There are a few things that are not in the book and there are other which are in the book but explained by Peter for those who did not understood it. There is also a thread on the forum about the presentation. The point is, the machine shown is already like what you were thinking about. SG as prime mover and low-drag generating coils, plus a second rotor with more coils.

Regards
        Lman

Comment

alvaro,

Teslagenx manufactured that machine for peter..... well let me rephrase that, we got all the component parts machined and printed, but Peter L assembled it. Erik and I went to Peter's before the conference and worked on the swapper and the pic programming. it was a fun build, and the machine works amazingly.

Peter has retired, he will be missed by all of us!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I will get the full presentation then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
              alvaro,

Teslagenx manufactured that machine for peter..... well let me rephrase that, we got all the component parts machined and printed, but Peter L assembled it. Erik and I went to Peter's before the conference and worked on the swapper and the pic programming. it was a fun build, and the machine works amazingly.

Peter has retired, he will be missed by all of us!!

Tom C
              I think Peter is dishearthed by JB's absence...how i wish i could console him that not every thing is lost, we will strive hard to keep JB's legacy.. after all Peter is also my inspiration!!!
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              Last edited by Faraday88; 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
              X