Meter madness + show and tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter madness + show and tell

Hi all. Some of my builds grouped together behind a 2A12 charging a motorcycle battery that is sulfated.

Here is to the lowly cheapo test meter, always willing to give it's life to science. Like so many of us no two meters agree on anything!! LOL!

If anyone wants to share group photos of past and present builds here feel free!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170126_221117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	952.4 KB
ID:	51363

al

Thanks Allen, cheers to the builders!

With I had pics of my all my first crazy Hammel Spinner experiments that I did shortly after I met John.

Here is the first SG I made a few months after that:

Here is my next build I think - it was my first "Dual Battery Charger", which was the pulley triggered cap dump. I wasn't comfortable dumping caps to batteries yet and you can see in the left side I have a sheet of lead that I had wrapped around the battery in case it blew up!

Attached Files
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

My first SSG. year 2008

Name:	image001.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	49152

Comment

Some of my collection for experiments.....Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_200927.jpg
Size:	583.6 KB
ID:	49153Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_200943.jpg
Size:	562.3 KB
ID:	49154Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_201342.jpg
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	49155Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_201423.jpg
Size:	561.7 KB
ID:	49156Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_201450.jpg
Size:	521.5 KB
ID:	49157

1.Box full of years of collection of coils, spools , Capacitors, ect..
        2. One of the solid state Radiant oscillators
        3. Gray Tube replications
        4. Aeromodelling starter motor for Watson/Bedini Machines.. with circular neo magnets sunk in the rubber rotor.
        5. Metglass Ç'core for Tom bearden's MEG replication bought in circa 2007-8 (never used!!!)
        6. Ceramic Magnets for G-Field generator recent purchase..!
        7. Oldest Bedini rotor, still using.....

Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Last edited by Faraday88; 01-29-2017, 08:09 AM. Reason: naming the list
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          Some of my collection for experiments.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]5783[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5785[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5787[/ATTACH]

1.Box full of years of collection of coils, spools , Capacitors, ect..
          2. One of the solid state Radiant oscillators
          3. Gray Tube replications
          4. Aeromodelling starter motor for Watson/Bedini Machines.. with circular neo magnets sunk in the rubber rotor.
          5. Metglass Ç'core for Tom bearden's MEG replication bought in circa 2007-8 (never used!!!)
          6. Ceramic Magnets for G-Field generator recent purchase..!
          7. Oldest Bedini rotor, still using.....

Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

recent projects

small ss unit drawing o.2a @6volts charging a small cap dump with a 860uf cap...And 15 dumps per second! ran two months straight...guess it will work. Also a larger unit...waiting for some tests of its own.. Both are RS's circuits thank you.[attach=config]5791[/attac[ATTACH=CONFIG]5792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5795[/ATTACH]h]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dennis foyil; 04-10-2017, 12:36 PM. Reason: narrationmistake

Comment

Very cool everyone!

Comment

My first bicycle wheel Bedini SG

The roll of tape acting a pulley had a contact that touched the two copper leads from the cap/battery circuit to dump the cap. Ultra low budget!
                Attached Files
                Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Excellent! That is a great looking machine. Low budget works for me if it operates good. I still want to build one that has a live shaft, Iwished mine looked that good. Lol! When I built mine I was just going for rejuv-ing batteries so I didn't take it as far as I should have.
                  Here is my only full size wheel doing what it did best. It is definitely low budget!!

Name:	102_3737.jpg
Size:	514.0 KB
ID:	49167

Next is the fan crew. The little one in the middle is the one that started it all for me. Built the auto relay transistor less buzzer charger and then the little fan. I was hooked. The one labeled Radio Shack was next and it charges great for it's size. Still use and love those two. The big one in the back works well but probably should have been rewound for better performance. The multi transistor motor came out of a copy machine. It worked great with a single transistor but would not run right with more than two transistors going together. It would kill transistors easily so I took it apart. It ran like a beast when it was working though!

Name:	100_3664.JPG
Size:	884.9 KB
ID:	49168

Name:	100_3655.JPG
Size:	898.0 KB
ID:	49169

Crystal cell we built back before the 2010 conference. I showed pictures of them to folks at the show and described how we were making them. It was awesome to see JB making them and coming up with massively improved mixes. The silly cell still has voltage after all these years.

Name:	01-25-10_1650.jpg
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	49170

Not really related but there is also a Mother Earth News waste oil heater that my brother and I built years ago. It worked great.

I really love seeing everyone's builds!
                  Thanks

al
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Allen R.; 01-30-2017, 02:18 AM. Reason: Reasons

Comment

Your experiments look so much better than mine! Jealous, going back to the drawing board!

Comment

Love it! Thanks to everyone that posted their projects.

@Bsing, I feel that way about some of these too! Use it as inspiration to work harder. That is what I do, my limited ability won't allow me build one like a piece of artwork like some of these builds. I can say this though, some of my cheapo, slap together looking devices will fool you on how good they work. Building them and making them look nice should be a goal at some point. Feel free to share your work. I would love to see it and I'm sure others would also. Just think of it as a show and tell. We may see something that would improve o ehat we are doing, or perhaps be able to help some else with their builds. I look forward to seeing your.

Thanks

al

Comment

Working...
                      X