Horizontal Elongated Air Core Pulse Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Elongated Air Core Pulse Motor

This is a new file that I posted to Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2046974 It is set up with four magnets and four pole pieces. You can operate with the SSG circuit or with a simple "make and break" such as a commutator or reed switch. The details are on the listing with a parts list.

If you do not have a 3D Printer Tom Childs with Teslagenx is setup to print by request.

Mann

After putting 2000t of 42 AWG on one leg I determined there needed to be an easier way. I designed a part to use with a drill that fits on the end of a leg. It was added to the file.

Mann

Comment

Hey Dmann. Kind of you to provide this for the group, thanks!

Side Note:
      I don't know what's going on with this group but nobody ever has anything to say anymore. I experience it when I take like 8 hours or more to make a video and share all of my secrets for tuning and building and the group responds with nothing but crickets. I have about had it with trying to share.

Comment

The silence is the silent majority. I wish more people would share too and it is sometimes discouraging.

I've considered merging this entire forum into Energetic Forum to consolidate them into one site with many more members.

I don't know what everyone would think about that - wouldn't happen very soon, but is something that would benefit both sites.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi all. I don't post or share very much. That doesn't mean I'm not watching and learning. Many times I just have nothing to add that advances the threads. I apologize for not participating more.

About the merging idea... I lurk at energetic and here usually many times a day. Energetic forum tends to be a circus because of the many clowns that ruin most threads. Personally I'm against merging just for that reason.

Thanks,

al

Comment

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
            Hi all. I don't post or share very much. That doesn't mean I'm not watching and learning. Many times I just have nothing to add that advances the threads. I apologize for not participating more.

About the merging idea... I lurk at energetic and here usually many times a day. Energetic forum tends to be a circus because of the many clowns that ruin most threads. Personally I'm against merging just for that reason.

Thanks,

al
            I'm the same as Allen. EF has a lot more trolls and detractors. However, even some of threads I follow that aren't trolled to death aren't very active either.

This forum runs well, has no trolls, spam is well moderated and although not as active as EF I find the majority of posts to be worthwhile and on topic. I get on every day and read all posts related to my area of research. I may not have anything to contribute, but that doesn't mean I'm not active either.

It's for those reasons that I would be against merging both forums.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
              Personally I'm against merging just for that reason.
              Thanks Allen, I'm inclined to agree with you and John.

I don't want to get off topic here, but I think that solves that - been thinking the same thing.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I added this design: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2081053
                It is setup to put two magnets in repulsion in four positions at every 90 degrees. This should create a focused magnetic beam and a very abrupt pulse. It also has slots for iron coil cores (welding wire).

If someone wants to try a different size magnet or magnet arrangement for the rotor let me know. I know that there are others out there that live in the metric world. This is a very easy adjustment.

DMann

Comment

Here is a picture of the two side by side. My printer, as is, prints 4" X 4" X 5". The one on the left comes close to a max on the length and width. If you look closely you can see that, on the larger motor, the magnets are placed together at each of the four poles. They are in repulsion N facing N. I was able to confirm a very narrow band of magnetic influence is the result. I faced a steel rod toward the rotor and found that is was only attracted to the narrow N beam at each of the four poles. This should make it easy to run off of a reed or hall circuit, triggering off the rotor. It should be self-starting with iron cores due to the narrow magnetic beams being the only apparent point of attraction. I'm going to try it with an SSG circuit to begin with on Tuesday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170204_203855_789.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	49177

Comment

Man I love 3D printers!!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                    X