Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindemann Bedini High COP low back emf motor

Hi all,

I am hoping Peter Lindemann might be able to respond to this thread at some stage. I bought the Electric Motor Secrets video set including advanced motor secrets with David Squires' contribution. I have built a stepper motor similar to the conceptual one described by Peter at the end of his lecture. It is modified slightly with a very low resistance coil in series with the supply to give that initial 'kick' to the stator coils as they are switched on, in line with what David Squires recommends. I am using 100V 23A MOSFET with internal zener diode protection (100v) so I should recover most of the 'waste' energy from the coil for the recharge battery. I have seen the voltage spikes from the coil as it is switched off but the voltage on the recharge battery does not appear to be rising, should there be a capacitor in the circuit across the recharge battery perhaps? Here is a schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	51362

Interested in what anyone might have to say on this.
    CF

Originally posted by CRHF View Post
    Hi all,

I am hoping Peter Lindemann might be able to respond to this thread at some stage. I bought the Electric Motor Secrets video set including advanced motor secrets with David Squires' contribution. I have built a stepper motor similar to the conceptual one described by Peter at the end of his lecture. It is modified slightly with a very low resistance coil in series with the supply to give that initial 'kick' to the stator coils as they are switched on, in line with what David Squires recommends. I am using 100V 23A MOSFET with internal zener diode protection (100v) so I should recover most of the 'waste' energy from the coil for the recharge battery. I have seen the voltage spikes from the coil as it is switched off but the voltage on the recharge battery does not appear to be rising, should there be a capacitor in the circuit across the recharge battery perhaps? Here is a schematic.

CF
    Hi CF,

I would swap out the MOSFET for an NPN transistor, something like an MJL21194. At a guess the coil is discharging through the internal zener of the MOSFET instead of being sent to the charge battery.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by CRHF View Post
      Hi all,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5748[/ATTACH]

CF
      Hi CF,
      Peter recently announced his retirement..but i just hope he surely will pitch in sometimes for all of us..
      after all he alongwith JB are the true Gurus
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Thanks for that John, I have subsequently discovered an 'air gap' in the circuit and the recovery battery is now charging nicely. I intend to make a more permanent job of the circuit and test it against a dynamometer to see how much energy I am recovering compared to that dissipated by the dynamometer and the circuit. I have gone for MOSFET partly to protect the battery from excessive spikes in voltage and also, the gate current is minimal. Using BJTs means considering darlington pair type transistors to enable me to deal with the high currents, although I would be happy to take advice on the wisdom of that approach. Thanks again for your comments.

CF

Comment

Working...
        X