Hamel Spinner/ EZ Spin variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamel Spinner/ EZ Spin variation

This is a Hamel Spinner with a EZ Spin motor twist. I am in the preliminary test stage of it. Once I get it up and running I may post it to Thingiverse. The coils are elongated and thin to help deliver an abrupt pulse to four of the 5/16th " magnets on the rotor four times per revolution. The plan is to stack this in the configuration that David Hamel explained in his 3CD (3 cone device) design and will include a metal enclosure for ion trapping. I will not have a 3 ball pivot at the bottom. It will just be a needle in a pivot point. More details will come when I get it closer to the final stage. Here is a picture. The parts here are loosely stacked in the picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170113_153322_949.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	51361

DMann
    Last edited by DMANN; 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM. Reason: 3CD not 3BGS

This is the first layer with a top view. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170114_223609_487.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	49137 I don't expect this to be a high speed device with the magnets in such close proximity to one another. The main idea for the powered pulse coils is to stimulate movement. The interaction of the opposing magnetic fields should release ions.

Doug

Comment

This seems to be the best information for this device: http://peswiki.com/directory:david-hamel-motor

Comment

The first trial was a fail. I used four windings (31awg) with 200t each at 26 ohms total. I used a micro reed as the trigger. I'm going back to the drawing board. I'm probably going outside of the repulsion magnets for the motor portion of this project. It may look more like a vertical Mendocino Motor stacked.

So far I just have a neat mantle piece.

DMann

Comment

At the last conference I had lunch with someone who went out and met Hamel for a few days, interesting lunch. Don't know much/anything about this and never played with it, but as you did not have initial success only thing I might point out is from what I recall in Bedini video the outside ring magnet is considerably above the rotor magnet, talk of vortex formation. In your first picture both rotor and stator are in same plane, maybe that is a problem?

Comment

Once I get the motoring part done and have the other two layers balanced I will focus on the ion collection. There are a few hints available on the net that offer ways that this can be done. Gray did it with spaced out thin sheets of metal. John Searl and Mark Tomion (US6404089) did it with field coils and peripheral collection rings. It has also been proposed somewhere that one could use carbon fiber brush extending into the ion emitting area to help with that collection. I want to make the enclosure itself a capacitor. I may set it up like a air leyden jar. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...sily/?ALLSTEPS I want to use a 4" diameter id pvc pipe for this. Aluminum foil will coat the inside and out of the pipe.

Comment

I added the file to Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2047246 There are a few directions that you can go with this experimental piece.

If you do not have a 3D printer Tom Childs with Teslagenx is setup to print by request.

Mann
              Last edited by DMANN; 01-19-2017, 05:43 AM. Reason: TC print option

Comment

Working...
              X