Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 13% OF THE SEATS ARE AVAILABLE!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CAD/CAM Software

Solavei
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Tom thank you for the offer but I decided to order a Prusa i3 Mk2. I don't like the idea of proprietary cartridges and people seem to love this model. It can print lots of materials and this one has many updated features. It's going to be awhile until it arrives though, they are on back order. I almost got the Robo R2 but this was a little cheaper and I figure I can build an enclosure for it out of some Plexi or something to make up for it's open air design.

I also ordered a hardened steel tip for printing exotic materials and the multi filiment upgrade package. All of this was cheaper than just the baseline Robo R2.

Have you guys seen the multiple filament upgrade? Wow it looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcH74DXyy0
    You can build a box with 1inch ridged foam and plexi on the front for viewing. Paint it whatever color you like :-)

prusia is an awesome machine.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

I want to print some molds for parts. I am currently reading/researching materials for structural integrity, outdoor uv resistance, and spark discharge heat resistance. I am looking at cements, epoxies, ceramics, plaster, putty, or any applicable mixes that could work. Suggestions for low and high power applications are welcome. My first project will be for a simple mechanical commutator much like the one described in the Bedini SG Intermediate book where copper was installed in Delrin.

Mann

What about auto body filler? There used to be a guy on the web that used it for the purposes you are describing, supposedly quite successfully. Good thing is it is easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    I want to print some molds for parts.
    What are you building?

It seems to me there are a couple of solutions; a general purpose device and a fast rotating device.

I made some refinements to the rubber band pulleys that I originally used on the 3D printed window motors. These will make it easy to test capacitor discharges mechanically. My plan is to use a reed/SSR like the one shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFz3D98qxRM&t=40s.

The file: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2229254
    Here is a video of the pulleys.

Enjoy
    DMann

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Tom thank you for the offer but I decided to order a Prusa i3 Mk2. I don't like the idea of proprietary cartridges and people seem to love this model. It can print lots of materials and this one has many updated features. It's going to be awhile until it arrives though, they are on back order. I almost got the Robo R2 but this was a little cheaper and I figure I can build an enclosure for it out of some Plexi or something to make up for it's open air design.

I also ordered a hardened steel tip for printing exotic materials and the multi filiment upgrade package. All of this was cheaper than just the baseline Robo R2.

Have you guys seen the multiple filament upgrade? Wow it looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcH74DXyy0
    Hey Bob. You have had the opportunity to use the Prusa for a while now. How is it printing for you? Any hiccups? I may be in the market for one.

Doug

Solavei
    Hi Doug,
    I have nothing but high praises for this machine. It has not given me any trouble at all except for a few things that were my own fault. I ripped the build plate film trying to pry a part off of it early on but that was my fault, inexperience. You can see that over in my latest thread for the 3D machine I'm working on. It was very easy to replace the film and I have not had any problem in that regard since. One other thing which was also my fault was I got it out of alignment once. This happened because I was playing with custom temps and caused boogers to collect on the side of my tip which then eventually dragged across the print. I can only assume what happened but I think they hardened and then caused a drag on the head, it skipped a tooth on the belt but by the time I noticed it had already printed about 5 layers that were out of whack. Again this was my fault not the machines.

To recover from this mistake is VERY simple. I just cleaned the head real good and went through the alignment process. It is a procedure you call up through the menu which has you rotate the Z all the way up to start and then it goes through and plots all of the magnetic points in the heat bed by scanning over them many times. It calculates the X and Y and adjusts for any physical mis-alignment. Go look at their website to get a better idea but I'm telling you it is the simplest thing to realign the machine which I think is probably the best feature.

My prints come out spectacular. Have a look at a frame and coil holder I just printed for version 2 of my machine I'm working on. Click into these a few times to get higher resolution look at them.

BZ-Green frame.jpg

BZ-Yellow Coil Mount.jpg

I can tell you no reason not to go for a Prusa, honestly. Just be aware that they have a long back order wait time because they are in high demand. You will also get stuck paying an import tax because it ships from Czech Republic.

*EDIT*
    Forgot to mention that I am pretty much exclusively printing with PETG filament so I cannot speak to other materials success.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 07-15-2017 at 02:39 PM.