Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itunesdan View Post
    Thanks Bob.
    I think I should clarify that I have successfully built the original machine according to JB's circuit. It runs well -- no question. That being said, I am starting out just like the many others; and am trying to find ways to improve for torque and RPM.

The reason I was curious about the resistors is that it doesnt make sense (to me,) to have 200 ohm resistor in front of 2 100 ohm resistors that go to the bases of the transistors. I think it is unnecessary to have the 200 ohm resistor. Just seems backwards.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Hi Dan,
    If you are looking to improve torque than you have not been able to read enough about what John Bedini said on this Energizer.
    Before I spent another dime on parts I would save up to buy Peters instructions.
    Just my 2 cents people do as people does :-)
    KR - Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

From what I see, the neon is connected to the base and collector, not the emitter to the collector.

Currently I have my circuit put down on a barrier bar so that I could attach it to the frame of my wheel. I am including the 'schematic' I drew up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	barrier bar circuit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	49061

You said to put the circuitry on the coil like JB's 10-coiler. I am just trying to find the correct way to add 1 coil to my pre-existing circuit. I have found multiple ways that it is done, but I am unsure if any of them are correct.
      Attached Files

Comment

Patrick,

From what I see, the neon is connected to the base and collector, not the emitter to the collector.
        Nice.

Currently I have my circuit put down on a barrier bar so that I could attach it to the frame of my wheel. I am including the 'schematic' I drew up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5620[/ATTACH]

You said to put the circuitry on the coil like JB's 10-coiler. I am just trying to find the correct way to add 1 coil to my pre-existing circuit. I have found multiple ways that it is done, but I am unsure if any of them are correct.
        I answered this in my first post...
        KR - Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
          I answered this in my first post...
          KR - Patrick
          Finally able to put some questions to rest. Thanks Patrick!

I have a great team that I work with, and hopefully I can do the same here that I do with them-- can I get another set of eyes on this to make sure I am not missing anything?

Name:	new barrier bar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	49063
          Thanks!
          Dan
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally able to put some questions to rest. Thanks Patrick!

I have a great team that I work with, and hopefully I can do the same here that I do with them-- can I get another set of eyes on this to make sure I am not missing anything?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5622[/ATTACH]
            Thanks!
            Dan
            Hi Dan,
            to be honest, I find those drawings difficult to follow. Check out the schoolboy drawing with two coils here:

Name:	m3m904xeapg1v53rr05nec6t2vp6oy11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	49064

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
              Hi Dan,
              to be honest, I find those drawings difficult to follow. Check out the schoolboy drawing with two coils here:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5623[/ATTACH]
              Hey guys,
              I think was Rick's work.. he essentially wanted to show a self runner with the recovery into the primay battery...
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                Hey guys,
                I think was Rick's work.. he essentially wanted to show a self runner with the recovery into the primay battery...
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                Ok,
                KR - Patrick

Comment

Ok guys I need some insight. I inadvertently discharged my battery down to 1.2V. I have the batter on the charge leads, but for whatever reason I can't get it over 6.5V charged. I've even taken the potentiometer down to no resistance to see if it made any difference. So far it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Am I maybe overlooking something?

Comment

Ok guys I need some insight. I inadvertently discharged my battery down to 1.2V. I have the batter on the charge leads, but for whatever reason I can't get it over 6.5V charged. I've even taken the potentiometer down to no resistance to see if it made any difference. So far it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Am I maybe overlooking something?
                    Time to get a new battery ;-(

Most likely you have curled a plate or two and now have shorts inside the battery.

Comment

I was able to put the battery on a conventional charger and got back up and running. I've since marked the bad battery and will take it to the recycling center this coming week.

Comment

I just started reading my last question - I didn't notice I didn't specify it was a bank of batter(ies) that had discharged to 1.2v. I removed the bad battery and was able to charge the members of the bank individually with a charger. That's what I get using my phone to look at this forum I suppose. Any who - the system is looking better now that the members are back up to above 11v.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X