Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Half Switch

Hello all,

I have come up with a variant of the Tesla Switch which I am calling the Tesla Half Switch as far as I can tell it meets the requirements to be considered a Tesla Switch. By way of background, I have learned that in discharging one cap to another the law of conservation of charge not conservation of energy is followed and therefore there can be energy losses (as defined as 1/2CV2) that are related strictly to the relative capacitances and voltages between the two caps. However in going from battery to battery this is likely not the case perhaps because the battery is viewed as a resistive load or because the energy is directed towards a chemical reaction, I really don't know, but it seems the excess charge can be captured in a battery that would not so easily show up going cap-cap. However, in going either battery to capacitor or capacitor to battery one also should be fine. So to get to the point one can do the following.

Take a single battery and discharge it into two capacitors in parallel.
    Put charged capacitors in series and discharge back to battery.

This arrangement requires 5 switches as opposed to the seven I believe are needed for a Tesla Switch. Actually I came up with it because, despite the arduinos and optoisolators I still wasn't sure I could build the Tesla switch and when I had this I realized it likely does the same thing. I have one "running" and the approach does work but I am losing embarrassing amounts in the switches and am now starting to mitigate switching losses.

Ciao,

Z

Hi Paul,

This sounds very much like Ron Cole's "Bipolar Switch Circuit" which was originally posted on one of John Bedini's web sites.

John Koorn started a discussion thread about it here http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...bipolar+switch. I, John Koorn, and a few others have built and tested it. I was able to power a resistive load with it, but the battery would eventually run down. Never did get mine to go over unity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
      Hi Paul,

This sounds very much like Ron Cole's "Bipolar Switch Circuit" which was originally posted on one of John Bedini's web sites.

John Koorn started a discussion thread about it here http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...bipolar+switch. I, John Koorn, and a few others have built and tested it. I was able to power a resistive load with it, but the battery would eventually run down. Never did get mine to go over unity.
      ohh yess. I remember that

Comment

Originally posted by KoutaMims View Post
        ohh yess. I remember that
        Hey guys John Kroon granted me 5 golds!!!! in that thread for pointing at the right answer...there is something very crucial
        in that circuit..
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Paul,

Gary,

I do still have a lot to learn on a circuit board but I have learned enough after looking at the diagram (if I understood it) to say you're right, that's exactly the same thing. I just lined up 5 opto isolated transistors and used an Arduino to program the timing. It does work, one possible advantage with this approach is you can program in a whatever microsecond delay say between the parallel and series connections so you don't have to worry about transistors stepping on each toes. When I run it with a second or two on each switch and looking at the caps on a volt meter I can see where there are some losses that it would be nice to mitigate, they may be unavoidable I doubt it but I really don't know near enough about circuit building. I also built an Aruidno/relay version. Worked also, didn't have the switching losses but anything faster then maybe ten milliseconds per switch and the relays started tripping over each other so given 5 switches couldn't go faster than 20 maybe 40-50 Hz before running into problems. Thanks for the diagram I will continue to look it over and see if I can apply any of it to an Arduino version (or maybe at some point just try and build it) if I make further progress will try and post. This seems like a device where you really want to minimize switching losses.

Comment

Paul,

Use a SG, ring the ring circuit, etc... to fill the caps in parallel, and dump them in series like you show, vs using just a battery to fill them up... Works much better that way.....

Comment

Hi,

I found this schematic in my Bedini folder labeled as John's version of the "scalar wave battery charger". Don't remember where I downloaded it from, but it was attributed to John Bedini. Looks to be a rather easy circuit to build. Of course matched components with fast switching speeds and a crystal clock oscillator would be desirable. Click image for larger version

Name:	JohnsversionSBC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	49019

Comment

Hi,

I found this schematic in my Bedini folder labeled as John's version of the "scalar wave battery charger". Don't remember where I downloaded it from, but it was attributed to John Bedini. Looks to be a rather easy circuit to build. Of course matched components with fast switching speeds and a crystal clock oscillator would be desirable.
                Yes Gary, the "SBC" in the file name stands for Scalar Battery Charger. John modelled it on the "Bill & Ray Scalar Charger" from the '80s.

I attempted a replication and got the circuit "working" but not enough so the battery never ran down.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                  Yes Gary, the "SBC" in the file name stands for Scalar Battery Charger. John modelled it on the "Bill & Ray Scalar Charger" from the '80s.

I attempted a replication and got the circuit "working" but not enough so the battery never ran down.

John K.
                  Hi John K,

Yes.. the duty cycle is the crucial aspect of this switching(Ron cole's Bipolar switching)..i'm still pondering on the inverted counter part of this as applicable to the SSG..Magneto-Triggered way that is....i'm yet to place an order for Peter's latest Beyond the Advanced hand book.. that should give me some insight of a Complete SSG system.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                    Paul,

Use a SG, ring the ring circuit, etc... to fill the caps in parallel, and dump them in series like you show, vs using just a battery to fill them up... Works much better that way.....
                    Hi RS_,

I think you mentioned elsewhere about perhaps PMing for circuit, I PM'd. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X