Solid State Bedini SG on 3 Battery Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Bedini SG on 3 Battery Power Supply

Hi All, here's a (relatively) quick video on my latest project. It's a Bedini solid state SG running on a 3 battery power supply - inspired by Peter Lindemann's rotored version he showed at the 2016 Energy Conference.

I went solid state mainly because I suck at mechanical stuff and I have future experiments planned with the solid state version.

Questions and comments most welcome.

Big thanks to Nityesh (n_techo) for the coil and some of the parts on this model.

John K.

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi All, here's a (relatively) quick video on my latest project. It's a Bedini solid state SG running on a 3 battery power supply - inspired by Peter Lindemann's rotored version he showed at the 2016 Energy Conference.

I went solid state mainly because I suck at mechanical stuff and I have future experiments planned with the solid state version.

Big thanks to Nityesh (n_techo) for the coil and some of the parts on this model.

John K.
    That is really impressive John! Just a couple questions you have a 32 fillar coil and are pulsing 16 winds and using 16 winds as a "pick-up coil" as it were? Also, and this is maybe a basic question, but is there a documented improvement in your experience with splitting a multifilar winding amongst multiple transistors or is it more just to allow greater power by using more transistors? Quite a build, thx for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
      That is really impressive John! Just a couple questions you have a 32 fillar coil and are pulsing 16 winds and using 16 winds as a "pick-up coil" as it were? Also, and this is maybe a basic question, but is there a documented improvement in your experience with splitting a multifilar winding amongst multiple transistors or is it more just to allow greater power by using more transistors? Quite a build, thx for posting.
      Hi ZPDM,

It's an 81-filar coil.

1 for the trigger
      16 x 4-filar for each transistor
      2 x 8-filar for recovery windings

I've split multi-filar windings before on rotored SG models. But for no more reason than minimising parts - especially when using matched transistors. In this case I think there's a nice balance with 4-filar for each transistor (thanks Tom C!) as the transistors can easily handle the power.

A previous version of this model used 80 (un-matched) BDC243C transistors, but if I pushed it too hard they would heat up and charging wasn't nearly as good as well.

Thanks for your interest...

John K.

Comment

John K.
        Hi John,
        I'm curious to know how do you simulate the low drag part of the Energizer as implied to the Solid-State Version of the SSG (not the SG), i'm sure the low drag coils when used in conjunction with the 'other extra coils ' contribute to the excess Electrical Energy recovery as pointed out by Peter in the Advanced book!!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          Hi John,
          I'm curious to know how do you simulate the low drag part of the Energizer as implied to the Solid-State Version of the SSG (not the SG), i'm sure the low drag coils when used in conjunction with the 'other extra coils ' contribute to the excess Electrical Energy recovery as pointed out by Peter in the Advanced book!!
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          Hi Farady, it's pretty hard to simulate a low drag generator when you're not spinning magnets past a coil

Right now that's not my objective however I do have a few experiments to do with this model as time permits that I hope to prove "excess Electrical Energy recovery"

John K.

Comment

Hi Farady, it's pretty hard to simulate a low drag generator when you're not spinning magnets past a coil

Right now that's not my objective however I do have a few experiments to do with this model as time permits that I hope to prove "excess Electrical Energy recovery"

John K.
            Hi John,
            Just a guess..is it the third coil in a Tri-filar set up..i saw a video of the V-tec Where he calls it as the 'Inverted Trigger' the Inductive coil on the top of the main coil is shown driving a LED bulb. what could be so much different between a solid-state and the rotored versions... after all we are intercepting the non-diverged component of the Heaviside -flow of the Electromagnetic flux..! normally wasted component of the electromagnetic flux in standard Symmetrical electromagnetic engineering.
            Also what does it mean by 'Single ended' and 'Double ended' Triggering..there seems to be no explanation of this in the Advanced book although it is mentioned by Peter.
            does the low drag coil have a role to play in the double ended triggering...i think i'm close... BINGO!!!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Faraday, bad guess (maybe). Thanks for your interest but let's not try and over-complicate this with techno-babble. Let's also try and keep the thread on track.

This model is nothing more than an up-scaled Bedini solid state SG that's running on a 3 battery power supply. Anyone "experienced in the art" could build it and see what I'm seeing. The recovery windings are nothing special, I just split them to give me more flexibility on where I want to send the recovery.

It was inspired by what Peter showed and also some of what Aaron has shown. It's not meant to be a solid state replica of Peter's build. All I did was borrow their ideas! There is no "low drag generator" in this build. As I mentioned, I have other experiments planned, but no point trying to guess what I'm doing. When I've done them and I think I have something interesting to show, I will post then.

John K.

Comment

.... my objective however I do have a few experiments to do with this model as time permits that I hope to prove "excess Electrical Energy recovery"

John K.
                Hello John,
                I have knocked up a small test using an IRFP460 driven by one side of a TC4427, using a single coil wound with bifilar windings, the trigger coil is tied to the primary coil and the output is 6 wound hexfilar(?) . This is pulsing around1khz. Here is a picture of the scope output, its a bit unstable, but, you should see the pulse and"h" result . It is using approximately 200ma of pulse magnitude on a current meter. Is this what you are getting? I am using Peter's circuit framework as you are.

Regards

dwane
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,
                  Thanks for posting your work, nice job.

Side question about that Gel cell. Have you had any luck rejuvenating gel cells? I recently got a pair out of an electric wheel chair but I have not started working on them yet. They were siting for a few years and the on board charger refused to even try a charge.

If you have any tips for dealing specifically with gel cells I would appreciate it.

Comment

Hi John K

I'm glad you are experimenting with Netyish's 81-filer. I couldn't afford the shipping when he offered it to me. It's a pretty cool set-up. Hope you find some interesting things with it. His original architecture was beautiful...no? He said it was the best set-up for charging batteries he had built. ~Cheers~
                    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
                      Hello John,
                      I have knocked up a small test using an IRFP460 driven by one side of a TC4427, using a single coil wound with bifilar windings, the trigger coil is tied to the primary coil and the output is 6 wound hexfilar(?) . This is pulsing around1khz. Here is a picture of the scope output, its a bit unstable, but, you should see the pulse and"h" result . It is using approximately 200ma of pulse magnitude on a current meter. Is this what you are getting? I am using Peter's circuit framework as you are.

Regards

dwane
                      Hi Dwane, hard to say with that scope shot and without seeing your setup. What are the scope settings?

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                        Hi John,
                        Thanks for posting your work, nice job.

Side question about that Gel cell. Have you had any luck rejuvenating gel cells? I recently got a pair out of an electric wheel chair but I have not started working on them yet. They were siting for a few years and the on board charger refused to even try a charge.

If you have any tips for dealing specifically with gel cells I would appreciate it.
                        Hi Bob, I've never had any success with rejuvenating gel cells. I've tried a lot of different methods and a lot of different setups.

Unfortunately once they have dried out they're ready for recycling.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho View Post
                          Hi John K

I'm glad you are experimenting with Netyish's 81-filer. I couldn't afford the shipping when he offered it to me. It's a pretty cool set-up. Hope you find some interesting things with it. His original architecture was beautiful...no? He said it was the best set-up for charging batteries he had built. ~Cheers~
                          Hi James, yes it is a great coil. Nityesh's original architecture was great and it performed really well. However, I am finding that with matched MJL21194 transistors and circuit boards it is performing even better.

John K.

Comment

Hi Dwane, hard to say with that scope shot and without seeing your setup. What are the scope settings?

John K.
                            Hello John,
                            Thanks for the reply. Are you building a charger or building an energiser with your Solid State circuit?

Regards

Dwane

Comment

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
                              Hello John,
                              Thanks for the reply. Are you building a charger or building an energiser with your Solid State circuit?

Regards

Dwane
                              Hi Dwane, I guess you could call it a rejuvenating charger.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                              X