No announcement yet.

Solid State Bedini SG on 3 Battery Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob, I've never had any success with rejuvenating gel cells. I've tried a lot of different methods and a lot of different setups.

Unfortunately once they have dried out they're ready for recycling.

John K.

That's what I have always thought too but I thought I would ask. I still might try adding a little water and see what happens but I don't expect much. I didn't trash pick these, I had mail ordered the replacements for a family member so their was no core return, stuck with them.

John you may get a kick out of a video I posted over in the beginners section. It is a small SS that is similar in function to what your showing, at least the induction bit.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      John you may get a kick out of a video I posted over in the beginners section. It is a small SS that is similar in function to what your showing, at least the induction bit.

Thanks for the response.
      Hello Bob,
      A link would be useful.

Also, if you are "spike" pulsing a gel cell battery with a SG type circuit you will crystalise the gel - battery becomes irrevocably stuffed!

regards

Dwane
      Last edited by Dwane Dibley; 10-11-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Bedini Solid State SG

Hi All, here is an updated video on my research with this project. Not too much to update, I've been mainly focussing on rejuvenating the batteries in the video (and moving my lab to a new space).

Next step is to build a Tesla Switch so the batteries can be rotated.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,
          So I have a question about what you are doing here. I see that the charge side is the two parallel but then you mentioned adding a switch to flip everything around. I'm curious how this system is going to be used as far as the output. Is it meant for you to swap out the parallel side with batteries that need charging and let it run until all of them are charged and then swap out some more? Or is there going to be some other output of the machine to do some other work and these batteries just flip flop and maintain their charge?

Thanks for sharing your work ---Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, first thing is to see if after adding the Tesla Switch that the system can at least keep its own batteries charged.

If that works then I'm looking for it to recharge its own batteries, after taking some energy out of the system.

Ultimately the the system will keep its own batteries charged whilst charging another battery, external to the system.

Will keep you you posted on progress, but it will take some time. I will open source the circuits once I have proved that they work. Although this is an upscaled unit I'm also working on building smaller, more portable units with different battery types. For example, wouldn't it be great to be able to carry around a unit that could just recharge your phone for free? That's a long way off though.

Thanks for your interest.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,
              Do you have the TS DVD set? If not, have you worked out the switching for the TS?

Regards

Dwane

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                Bedini Solid State SG
                Next step is to build a Tesla Switch so the batteries can be rotated.
                John K.
                Hi John, have you any update to mention regarding that next step?
                I've taken the first steps of reading (studying) all three Bedini SG books, and have built my first SG a couple of months ago.
                I'm extremely interested in building a SS Bedini SG, but it seems really useful schema's are a bit scarce on the forum.
                Saw several interesting Cap Dumper Schemas but scarce info exist on the input signal - where does the input come from?
                Also, to proceed to the next step - rotating batteries - to eliminate grid / sun / wind, I'd like to read up on this subject, or even better, to get links to usable (working) schemas of this 'Tesla Switch'.
                TIA, Pieter

Comment

Working...
                X