Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caldovicd's first SSG bifilar mnopole build

Hi to all,

I was hoping if someone could say where should be my sweet spot based on data I have provided here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...vFdS2adKM/edit
    Was thinking SSG will be well tuned if resistance is set to 470ohm based on my chart so RPM=146 and mA=130?
    Aslo, you can find provided score (No.of magnets*RPM/mA). It is said somewhere on this forum this should show number of pulses per magnet pass if I am not mistaken. Are my results expected, or did I made somewhere wrong?

Thanks,
    caldovicd
    Last edited by caldovicd; 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM. Reason: Question about tuning spot data corrected from 650ohm, 132.5 RPM, 115mA to 470ohm, 146 RPM, 130mA

caldovicd, good job for your first build. I would run the machine with the wheel vertical instead of horizontal . The bearings are designed to run that way.

It looks like 330 ohms is your best sweet spot.

John K.

Comment

Hi JK,

Thanks. My wheel free spin time is in vertical position much shorter - about 3,5 minutes, when I spin it fastest I can. I decided to do in horizontal because I can have more room for additional coils later.

Can you comment on score n*rpm /mA please? Maybe it should be rpm/n/mA?

What this factor is supposed to show me?

Thanks again,
      Caldovicd

Comment

Working...
      X