No announcement yet.

Monopole no longer starting...unless..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monopole no longer starting...unless..

So I charged up my primary for another run last night. Hooked it up to my SSG monopole...gave the rotor a spin...and it didn't keep going like usual.

I checked all the wiring...everything seemed fine. Tried a few more times...adjusted the resistance...nothing.

I gave up on it last night thinking there was something burned out in the circuit.

This morning I switched the batteries...so what I usually have as the charge battery was now the primary battery. It fired right up!

Any idea why that is? I have been recharging my "normal" primary battery with the r-charge charger from day 1...and it's never been below 12.00V...

Anyone have an idea what the issue is?

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
    So I charged up my primary for another run last night. Hooked it up to my SSG monopole...gave the rotor a spin...and it didn't keep going like usual.

I checked all the wiring...everything seemed fine. Tried a few more times...adjusted the resistance...nothing.

I gave up on it last night thinking there was something burned out in the circuit.

This morning I switched the batteries...so what I usually have as the charge battery was now the primary battery. It fired right up!

Any idea why that is? I have been recharging my "normal" primary battery with the r-charge charger from day 1...and it's never been below 12.00V...

Comment

Hi Branch,

Did you check the voltage of your charged primary when it has a load on it? It might have something wrong internally and the voltage looks ok when there is no load on it, but then you load it down and the voltage drops. But if the voltage stays high with a load I'd think the battery was ok.

Robert

Comment

Working...
      X