Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesK View Post
    Thanks Patrick, Al,
    It is an incredible machine. I am having loads of fun with it. Love the sound it makes too!

Les
    Hi Les,
    what coil are you using?

Comment

Wei,
      Same as given by JB and Ralph's machine. 150 feet four strands #18 wire. I am using #18 for the trigger as well.
      I followed as closely as I could to what Ralph's machine is. Two things came out slightly different. The distance between the coils is slightly wider. and I did not solder my components. I wanted to be able to easily make repairs.

Les

Comment

Does anything gets heat up to 100 degrees when you run it at 3amp?

Originally posted by LesK View Post
        Wei,
        Same as given by JB and Ralph's machine. 150 feet four strands #18 wire. I am using #18 for the trigger as well.
        I followed as closely as I could to what Ralph's machine is. Two things came out slightly different. The distance between the coils is slightly wider. and I did not solder my components. I wanted to be able to easily make repairs.

Les

Comment

Wei,
          No heat anywhere.

Comment

Les, nice setup! what diameter rotor did you go with? I can't tell on the video, but is the rotor width equal to magnet size? copper pipe std. 1/4" tubing?

Tks. D.

Comment

888spo, Yes, 1/4 tubing. and a 9" diameter rotor, same as the mags.

Les

Comment

Working...
              X