Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kromrey Disclosure - Bedini SG - Beyond the Advanced Handbook by Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
    Hi John K.

The diode between the negatives has a lot of control over charge rate and also it effects speed.
    the SB550 comes under the category of "fast recovery" and they seem to be all listed at =<500ns.
    The "standard recovery" diodes seem to be listed at >500ns.

The ultra fast recovery diodes have many speeds listed and one can shop speeds.
    The standard recovery used with my golf cart batts is too slow and the ultra that I mentioned is too fast. (49ns)
    I've ordered a 250ns stud mount to try with the GC batts, so we'll see.

With the bike wheel running at 12v and a 4 batt rotation system in place, I started with 25ns but then moved to the mur3060 15A, which are 35ns. (Peters are the 30A version at 60ns.

The mur3060 gave me about 20 more rpm.

I'm going to build Peter's whole rig with 1 x 2 x 1/2" C11 mags and and 1 x 2" coil cores.
    I'm good at duplicating this kind of stuff and don't have to work any more. So for seasons "E-research" is like a full time job. I did 3 weeks of 16 hour days to get the batt rotational sys up and running. I told Eric N that I would send him pics of my boards after it was running and then I ask him how he did it.

Same results but not the same approach. I did Arduino and you know what he did. He's a more sophisticated programmer than I and his is a little prettier.
    I do isolation tracks with a cnc router and I like'em that way because one can add girth to the traces after the brds are cut.
    You just solder on what you need, right onto the copper iso track.

Thanks for responding,

bro d
    Hey Don, sounds like you have put a lot of effort into this. That's great

Its hard for me to say what difference the SB550 has over any other diode because my rig is solid state. Although I can say that it's way better than no diode at all.

I will post a picture of my scope shot on the thread I have for my rig.

Keep us us updated with your progress, I am very interested to see how you go with this.

John K.

Comment

Hey John K,

I have a board with 16 tranny's that is set up for solid state. I'll have to give it a try.
      I've got about 20 coils that are 18awg and 100'.
      They are just sitting at the moment.
      I've got a window motor that looks like JB's vid of the one doing 10k rpm. I think you helped me with that.
      Thnking about running that with 3, eight strand windings and SG ccts.
      Then, rotate the batts.
      Are we havin' fun!

bro d

Comment

[QUOTE=brodonh;24560

I'm going to build Peter's whole rig with 1 x 2 x 1/2" C11 mags and and 1 x 2" coil cores.

[/QUOTE]

Hi John K,
        Got the frame, rotors and shaft support cut.
        I have one long coil holder done with the spool.
        Waiting for shaft and long 1/8" router bits.

Should have it running with 4 coils in a week or so.

I surmised that the rotor was 12"D, judging by the space between the mounted coil holders.

Now if Tom C wants to make my day, just have him tell me the rotor D is 7".

Bro d

Comment

Don,

rotor diameter is 12 inches, triple stacked ceramics, sorry bud

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Barium Ferrite magnet sourcing

Eh.... I still haven't done a thing with this experiment because apparently the common ceramic magnets I have on hand are not suitable and I still need Barium Ferrite magnets. . .

If we are to actually replicate this; where do we get the magnets without building them from scratch or a bulk order directly from a manufacturer?

If we are to replicate this by way of using the same magnets per John's requirement then; I suggest we need to actually obtain these magnets by way of research to find a source or special order and if there is a demand for these parts then maybe this should be a product being offered by those with the means to do so such as JB himself.

In fact this would be my preference as JB is the expert in this and he (as a wholesale purchaser) certainly can order a manufacturer to produce a small run of these magnets to his own exact specifications for these specific purposes and benefit for this world.

Until such time I can actually obtain these mission critical parts from a reliable source such as Tesla chargers, one of the regular magnet sources or JB himself then; this particular project in my lab remains on hold. . .

Kindest regards;

}:>

Comment

Hi Tom,

It seemed that the rotors were 12" rotors, so I have them and have been waiting for some structual adhesive to glue the magnets.

I've had issues with my PVC and super glue plans for the spools so I've gone to plastic hot air welding. Rock solid now and far less than a 3D printer.

bro d

Comment

Hi All,
                I bagan assembly of my PL 3 batt rig and the new 25" SS shaft was bent.
                Abraham was strong in faith giving glory to God.
                Me too.
                So, I had a short shaft that was usable for a one rotor setup.

She runs strong with the 1" x 2" x 1/2" mags and 1 x 2" coil cores. 1600rpm, 1.6A, 12.3V input. This is a straight SSG hook up with two 12v batts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	one rotor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	49023

bro d

Comment

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
                  Hi All,
                  I bagan assembly of my PL 3 batt rig and the new 25" SS shaft was bent.
                  Abraham was strong in faith giving glory to God.
                  Me too.
                  So, I had a short shaft that was usable for a one rotor setup.

She runs strong with the 1" x 2" x 1/2" mags and 1 x 2" coil cores. 1600rpm, 1.6A, 12.3V input. This is a straight SSG hook up with two 12v batts.

bro d
                  Looking good Don

John K.

Comment

It wants to run with a 24v 3 batt system at 2000rpm. That is with one coil.
                    I'll need bearing holders that are much more stable than MDF.
                    Full frame tomorrow.
                    Keepin' on regardless of the circumstances.
                    Always grateful,
                    bro d

Comment

• Thanks for the update Don. Now is the time we all need to be keepin' on

Comment

• Hi John and all,
                        I have the full frame in place now with two run coils.
                        It wants to run about 2000prm at 3 amp with a .25" gap on the run coils.
                        Too fast without having the rotors balanced.

I'm running it at about 1000prm with double triggering and it is lighting 60 LED's with one gen coil.

Had lots of mysterious problems with the battery rotating system but got it working consistently at 24v.

"Will have the rotors balanced soon and will be making more gen coils.

Tom C, can you say what Peter was using for resistors on the two circuit boards and what the run coil gap is on his machine?

Thanks,

bro d
                        Last edited by brodonh; 11-16-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• The Rotors are out for balancing.

In the mean time I'm looking at Benitez patents and JB's BOC patent for a self oscillating induction coil (JB fig 3 instead of the interrupter and a big gain from
                          a many many turn secondary into a spark gap into cap bank and duplicate.
                          The more I read Benitez, the more I suspect he believed his imaginations and didn't build it.
                          bro d

Comment

• Hi All,

"In the mean time I'm looking at Benitez patents and JB's BOC patent for a self oscillating induction coil (JB fig 3 instead of the interrupter) and a big gain from
                            a many many turn secondary into a spark gap into cap bank and duplicate. "

I just got the first leg of this idea to work very well.
                            After studying inductor coils and interruptors of 100 or so yrs ago, I wound a regular sg spool with 3 layers of #18 along with #20 for trigger. (bifiler)
                            Then I added tape for additional insulation and then 10ohms of #22 for a 2ndary.

I applied fig3 of the BOC patent and hooked it up with the three batt arrangement and was able to get 400v on the 2ndary with one transistor and sparks jumped to anything metal.

Couldn't have hoped for better results. Now to process it for excess energy according to Benitez patents.
                            bro d

P.S. I'll start a new thread if this continues to be fruitful.

Comment

• Hi Don,

I'm following the thread, but not following your last couple of posts. Can you please provide a reference to "JB's BOC patent"?

John K.

Comment

• JB BOC patent

BOC.pdf

JB patent app pdf file is attached.

bro d
                                Last edited by brodonh; 11-17-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X