Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kromrey Disclosure - Bedini SG - Beyond the Advanced Handbook by Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Thanks JK, on the diodes info, i have always used the 1n4001 for the base diode and the 1n4007 as the output on BD243C transistors size SG circuits.

JB told me to use 1n5408's as the output diode with the MJL21194 transistors running at 24V......
    whither it makes a difference or not i would have to experiment with both of them on a SSG again

Analog Scopes are far superior to digital scopes for seeing the Spike...... but a real fast digital scope 200Mh + helps to see it better.....
    Last edited by RS_; 07-01-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RS_ View Post
      Hi,

Thanks JK, on the diodes info, i have always used the 1n4001 for the base diode and the 1n4007 as the output on BD243C transistors size SG circuits.

JB told me to use 1n5408's as the output diode with the MJL21194 transistors running at 24V......
      whither it makes a difference or not i would have to experiment with both of them on a SSG again

Analog Scopes are far superior to digital scopes for seeing the Spike...... but a real fast digital scope 200Mh + helps to see it better.....
      Agree wholeheartedly on all of those points RS_

John K.

Comment

• Hello and thanks for the posts,

I have to agree about analog o'scopes as compared to digital o'scopes are still far better in certain conditions!!! I am now sorry that I sold my HP analog 200 mhz scope that I bought from an employee sale where I used to work. I know from my part time work at soundsclassic.com audio is cleaner looking with an analog scope as compared to the digital scope. That's also why vinyl records sound better than digital recordings by far.

I attached 3 pics I hope turn out right.

I started from scratch this weekend as to replacing all of the wiring with #10 wire. Discharging the charge battery to 12v with a 1000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter and charging the primary battery to 15.2v in the beginning of this project. Then started without adjusting the 1k pot and let it get up to speed. I am monitoring the output from one transistor with o'scope at startup. The display gets to single pulses real fast with the amplitude of the Spike constant. The pic with the highest Spike is a bit higher than with old wiring. Just by changing the wiring there was approximately 40+ volts increase in the Spike. I still have the two 1N4001 diodes at the base and a current draw of 3.5 amps.

Then started adjusting the 1K pot to find the lowest current draw with highest speed. For this setup it looks like 1.5 amps for max speed. Adjusting lower current draw seen the speed slowly starting to decrease so found spot in middle of going up or down in speed. The second pic shows pulse and Spike at 1.5 amp draw. The last pic is doing the "Safety Test" as described in the SG #1 book by removing one connection from the charge battery and seeing the neon's start glowing. Sorry about poor pic because I did not want to leave connection off too long; o'scope still at 20v/div. Unit is working just fine for present settings which I never gave up!!! I still wonder if there is some more fine tuning to be done before I attach the second genny coil like playing with the coil spacing again for max speed. I am now where I need more info to continue on properly so I may have more questions. Before I can try the genny coil, I have to widen the slot because all slots on the back frame are too small to use with supplied hardware, pain in the butt to do and should of been right in the beginning!

The charging seems slow as compared to the bicycle version I made in 2013 using 7AH batteries (one Bifilar coil) and had no problem getting the charge battery to over 15.2v over night! I let this system run overnight for info and charge battery still never made it to 13v with primary getting to 12.02v? I am using 105AH Deep Cycle batteries. With this setup I thought the charge would be better as compared to my old system in 2013? Getting both batteries ready for another run at fine tuning system again or really see what this 'Mini Beast' can do!!

Happy 4TH,

Have to get back the 200MHZ O'scope I sold because I want to see what is going on in the ckt or I can borough it back for the weekend.

Comment

• the attached pics do not work for me.......
          it may take a while to charge the bigger Ah batterys, and several cycles to get them to charge faster.....
          if you can, have another primary battery charging, while running the SSG, and swap out the discharged primary battery, and just keep on charging the Secondary battery till it finely brakes through to 14.5V+

Comment

• the attached pics do not work for me to.......

Comment

• Hi,

I don't know why the pictures are not working now. They worked before unless I'm doing something wrong. I select the Insert Image, browse to find picture and then upload. Otherwise I do not know what I did wrong. The pics are all the same .jpeg? I'll try again here. Click image for larger version

Name:	P7010003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	778.0 KB
ID:	49911.

Comment

• Well one did work, I do not know why the other pics did not work, must be doing something wrong trying to install multiple pics. But this pic shows what I get on my little digital o'scope after I installed #10 wire everywhere in the ckt, an increase in amplitude do to lower impedance is seen , cool. I'll attach the pic of what happens when you try the 'Safety Test". Spikes galore...Click image for larger version

Name:	P7020008.jpg
Size:	866.2 KB
ID:	49912

Comment

• Here's the pic after I adjusted the 1k pot to 1.5 amp at max speed.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P7020006.jpg
Size:	969.2 KB
ID:	49913
                  Now to get a better o'scope because I would like to see what is going on.

Richard D.

Comment

• that's the kind of spikes a 12V system should be seeing......

Don't try unhooking the pos for this safety test when running at 24V or risk killing a transistor

Comment

• Thanks RS,

I disconnected the negative connection on the charge battery. But now I have another problem that I am looking into now. I started last night to run the system and charge the charge battery to 15.2v. I was then going to get another same battery to use to continue charging. But early in the morning I got up and the system was not running. Since I had to go to work, I would look into what could of happened. I have done this before and had no problem with running the system overnight. The only thing that I did was to put another 1N4007 diode in parallel with the output diode to see how system would do. I checked and the diodes and transistors check OK and the 1K pot is OK too. I was running at 1.5 amp which should be OK. Checking more tonight and this weekend. I still have all of the parts for the second half of the 8 transistor board just in case.

Later this week I will be able to see what is going on because I found an analog HP 275Mhz o-scope on eBay which is better than the HP I sold a couple of years ago. I'm also watching another sale for a Textronix digital o-scope like the one I have but is 200Mhz.

Since I never looked into it before, running at 24v, is that 24v primary and 12v charge or 24v charge? Is there an increase of charging? Even though I am getting things going at 12v, just curious about 24v.

I just downloaded the new JB lost video and checking that out tonight.

Thanks for help,

Richard D. AKA rdvideo.

Comment

• System works just fine, why it stopped I do not know. Happy everything is still OK. I removed the extra diode at the output, don't know if it needed. Time to get ready for second coil after charge battery gets to 15.2v.

Richard D.

Comment

• I stumbled onto something because of the sound that the rotor was making, I had to loosen the collars I have on the shaft that helped keep rotor centered above coil. By making a little extra play, I could tell by the sound and the vibration that the rotor was running faster than before moving collars. The rpm's before was around 680 rpm and was increasing faster than that. I started adjusting the 1K pot to lower the input current a little at a time and noticed the speed slowly increasing. Seems like the max speed with present settings is a little over 800 rpm with 1 amp input. I let setup run overnight till now and still running, the rpm's were holding around 800 rpm's. I think that I have found the other "sweet spot" for low current at high rpm's. Adjusting the 1K pot further to reduce the input current a little at a time the rpm's were slowly going down. Seems 1 amp input is the right spot with present coil spacing around 1/4". I need a small scale to get in there to get an accurate measurement.

Not easy to adjust coil distance because the slots in the frame are too small for the hardware that came with the coil forms. I had to widen the slot be hand so I could move the coil which is still a bit snug. To add more coils I have to do the same thing with the other 5 slots with a hand drill. Frame was not cut right for hardware supplied and should not have happened. I don't like having to use a hammer just to get the bolts through slot.

Even though JK mentioned why the 1N4007 diodes were used, the same diodes were used in SG book #1 and no resistor in series with the neon bulb as the 8 transistor kit has a series resistor. Should it be there or not is the question? Now, should I add the second coil or wait to finish charging the charge battery to 14.5v+. Right now, the primary is at 12.25v and the charge battery is at 12.79v and I do not have my original test data from my first SSG bike wheel so I am not sure what is the minimum voltage for the primary battery before switching to another battery? I'm thinking about 12.0v? My old computer died where the information is and just received a Hard Drive reader to retrieve the lost files.

I'm still re-reading the SG books for tuning and capacitor discharge as to Part 37 for capacitor discharge. I assume that adding the second coil will help with charging a battery before the cap discharge ckt. I am venturing into new territory that I've never been before and need to depend on info from the forum instead of what is on the internet. Any input from anyone is welcomed to complete what I started. I recall in the video that PL did on the 'mini-beast' that "it is not the start of a home generator at all" and I will prove him wrong. Remember what Einstein stated, "Imagination is more important than knowledge" and I have a vivid imagination, according to my grandparents that showed-up so called EE Engineers and PHD Engineers where I use to work at a defense contractor. I just need input...

Thanks for the input...

rdvideo

Comment

• Stop discharging regular charged battery's at 12V minimum......

With SSG charged battery's, stop at 12.10V and as they condition more and more, stop at higher voltages so that you are operating in a higher range of voltages when a bank is standing at 13V+ after 1 hour, don't discharge it below 12.3V-12.4V and it will produce the same Ah of power +, as a standard charged battery....

Comment

• Thanks for the info RS! I still have some time before having to replace the primary since I am only using 1 amp of power! Primary battery is at 12.23v and charge battery at 12.82v. I think I need another coil? Rpm still hanging around 800.

We'll see what tomorrow brings... Too late... Take care...

Richard D.

Comment

• Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                                Stop discharging regular charged battery's at 12V minimum......

With SSG charged battery's, stop at 12.10V and as they condition more and more, stop at higher voltages so that you are operating in a higher range of voltages when a bank is standing at 13V+ after 1 hour, don't discharge it below 12.3V-12.4V and it will produce the same Ah of power +, as a standard charged battery....
                                Hi RS,
                                Are you saying SSG charged batteries if discharged below 12.4V will loose their ability to show the Radiant gain(COP) they attained over the SSG mode of Charging process?
                                I have noticed that a SSG charged battery seems to exhibit more COP when left charged for long durations, quite contrary to the belief that the gain is lost over a 48 hours 'storage period' any expert opinion??
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                Last edited by Faraday88; 07-09-2018, 04:10 AM. Reason: corrections
                                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                                X