Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER FOR THE*** 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bedini RPX Sideband Generators

Barrie,
    I just went on chat with DigiKey and they said you can go on their website and chat the same as I did. Qualifying orders over $50 are free shipping to Australia. They ship to Australia every day and they claim 1 to 3 business days shipping. They have no knowledge of Australia's custom charges.
    I've bought from them off and on over many years and find them pleasant to deal with. I have also used Newark and Mouser, the two other giant electronic suppliers.
    Best of luck.

Erwei,

you have stolen from John, stolen from teslagenx, and now you think you can sell product here? you are banned

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thanks Tom C. I reckon you & Richard have helped enough for me to give this one a go. Like Richard, all I need now is a Spectrum Analyser, which I think I can get cheap outta China on my next trip there (just $400 return with a direct flight now - can you believe it?). One more point to clear up, if you don't mind looking into....

I've found a quote from JB on the matter, "The output is coupled to a de-tuned pi-filter using an inductor of 22uH. The two tuning capacitors allow for slight adjustment IF NEEDED on the electrodes."

I reckon that the way forward from here is to review all my Electronic Engineering notes on 'π' (pi) filters, find out what gives the best results & just experiment within the guidelines given, or like you said, just do the maths & plonk in some fixed values for caps instead of trimmers. Would take quite some time, but I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for all your help, Richard. I'm planning on moving to California one day in the future! I bought the last Velleman Function Generator at Jaycar for a really great price & like you, just need to look at a proper spectrum analyser, which I really should have anyway. I have an old valve type from the 1960's, but it's not going & I have no chance of getting the bits for it.

I see what you mean regarding being spoilt for choice on inductors. I'll have to see if I can narrow the list down to what works best on 'pi filters', then let you know which types I'm buying. Locally, I can see we have, just in the wire-wound SMD range alone, several different core materials ranging from the usual ferrite (in four different classes!) to Manganese-Zinc to some you-beaut superflux stuff outta Europe, composite iron powder, metal composite, magnetic metal, carbonyl powder, a manganese-zinc-ferrite compound, pure iron(!), a mix of two different classes of ferrite & something they call "metal" which they're not ever going to tell you exactly what's in there! Then there's the option of shielding, & I'm assuming that'd be more ideal(?). I tend to favour as lower DC resistance as possible, as it makes me believe that it's closer to a 'pure' or ideal inductor.

I reckon there's a fair bit of room for play on the inductor value, as JB explains that it's really just the ratio that's important, so as to get the most out of it, but that other one needs to be fixed or you won't get the right side-bands. Once I get the Spectrum Analyser, I'll just build 100 different versions & see what works best... after all, Edison failed 10000 times just trying to make a light bulb!