Zero Force Motor Replication Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
    Has anyone else been working on this recently? I have, I understand now why it is called a zero force motor and it is blowing my mind. So my first build here is a dud, didn't work as well as a push/pull SSG, but you can get to there and look at things and say oh if one changed things here is that problem and that problem solved. Again, my build was not great but from observing the behaviour I will say that I believe Bedini's ZFM is not conceptually terribly complicated, i.e., it is elegant, and it is superior, once built well, to Tesla's AC induction motor which runs so much of society.

I have some video of how I got to the thinking I am at now and will post if anyone is interested. John thank you for sharing this.
    Awesome ZPDM!
    we are all interested, always all interested - please share - need never ask :-)
    Patrick A.

Comment

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
      Has anyone else been working on this recently?
      Hi ZPDM,

Yes, I also want to build a setup on this, albeit my circumstances (no home lab, only a kitchen table in a block of flats) cannot let a full 'home-built' setup.
      However, I can get some (mechanical) help from my earlier workplace (I am now in pension) to form the rotor with the magnets to withstand safely the 10k+ rotor rpm.
      This needs some time of course. In the meantime, I can build a 'toy' setup at home which can serve to explore the basic behaviour at a safe (low) rpm, using low input supply voltage.

Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by Gyula View Post
        ... help from my earlier workplace (I am now in pension) to form the rotor with the magnets to withstand safely the 10k+ rotor rpm.
        Sometimes, one can look at what is required and realise that the fundamentals of the basic rotating setup can be achieved by going down to Argos, buying - for instance - a certain slightly strange vacuum cleaner, saving a couple of particular components and throwing the rest in the dustbin.
        Last edited by wrtner; 08-04-2016, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I just finished reading James Murray's explanation of this motor. It seems to work only if the toroidal windings are bucking. No surprise. Bucking coils do amazing things. I hope I am not in trouble now- this is a German patent and I believe and it should be ok to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
            Hey Z,

I have been working on this but along a different line that is more focused on the existing demo design. Waiting for JB to post his simplified version sketch to try.

I do agree with your statements that the design is not overly complicated, however the timing and firing circuit are really the major details that pull it all together into a usable form.

Conceptually it is simple and, as you say, elegant.

Sending you a PM.

Yaro
            Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
              Awesome ZPDM!
              we are all interested, always all interested - please share - need never ask :-)
              Patrick A.
              Hey Patrick,

I enjoy and respect your work and really, really appreciate the words of encouragement. I'll post video this week-end. I certainly got a bit carried away, but that's fine, I just saw a bit different way of making a rotor spin that would have different design considerations/parameters available. The difference between that and actually making something useful can be pretty big. When I first introduced myself on this forum I suspected given my complete lack of background in this area that I might be the Court Jester maybe draw people out a bit and see where I thought they were coming from. I was, perhaps a bit of an ahole to JB, (whose motor I am now trying to solve). John if I was, and if I haven't apologized, I am genuinely sorry, I was a bit drunk and considered my post funny. That said I am a bit drunk now and I still consider it funny. If you have accomplished, which I believe you have, 1/3 of the things you talk about and I've only heard a 1/3rd of them I think it goes without saying that I consider you a genius. I think it was clear from my initial approach that I am not some Cjeka type looking to ingratiate and I am not looking to steal stuff either. In fact, as we discussed briefly at the conference, I am not certain free energy is a great thing. We had lots of free energy in the last century and we got Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden et al. If it weren't for the fact that it is all lies, I might be all for suppression. So bringing things back somewhat to topic, it got awkward when I actually began to experiment, as JB said this stuff takes a hold of you, and realized I might not want to only be court jester, but might even have some small contributions to make, where is this guy coming from? So, that said, I'll post some video of my masking tape super glue experiments and JB you can maybe enjoy that I am still the Court Jester and have the last laugh. It should go without saying and I'll prolly be cussing you out next week but John, Peter, Aaron, I love you all and you are all my heroes.
              Last edited by ZPDM; 08-05-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

How did I do?

Ron

https://youtu.be/yC4g0XCgEqM

Comment

Comment

Comment

Three brief videos on ZFM work, takes a long time to get videos on to youtube.

I have to say I agree with Ron now that there does seem to be some pull even through the Bloch wall which is pretty strange. I also looked as Ron did at squat versus lengthy coils and both seem to work well.

I learned a lot of things so far with this project, one thing that I didn't know that I thought was interesting seen at the end of vid 2 and there is another interesting find at end of vid three. Have to say I find it awkward commenting on the machine when the inventor is here on the board, how the heck should I know. My guess though is the set-up which ran the worst may be one with promise as there are different design considerations. So, I am going to order some parts, wind a couple more coils and see, if I'm not way off base, whether I can put out a quick video of an improved machine in a couple/few weeks. Can only post one video per post so parts 2 and 3 below.

Comment

Zero Force Mk II

Here is an improved attempt at JB's Zero Force Motor. I still don't think we are there yet but it is much improved. John you threw down the gauntlet demonstrating this at the conference and mentioning you didn't think there had been a successful internet replication. I gave it the college try, I know it is all superglue and masking tape, unless you want to punish me further on your invention I am going to call this a successful replication for you and leave it at that, lol.

Besides I have a myriad of directions I also want to move in, finally got a chance to read Joseph Newman, good Gravy, there's some worthwhile reading there!! May have to have a go at a Newman motor, there was also something he said about the motion of magnetic particles that reminded me of Bruce DePalma whose works I want to return to. So here is something very simple and very silly John that I'll share with you and the board. Once I realized that the attempt to simultaneously hold as true conservation of charge and conservation of energy for any exchange of energy between capacitors was a feat more strange than any four logic koan of Tom Bearden I gots to thinkin. A flywheel may be considered as a direct mechanical analogy (if analogy is necessary) of a capacitor. A pulse discharge of a coil may be then considered as analogous to the discharge of a small capacitor into a larger capacitor, will that situation follow conservation of charge or conservation of energy? So the experiment is simple pulse a rotor once, measure the rpms. Pulse twice, pulse four times. As E = 1/2 mV2, E is proportional to V2. If conservation of energy is to hold then it should take four pulses to double the rotor speed. Don't know what I'll see, if it hadn't been for the conservation of charge/energy debacle not sure I even would have considered it, it still sounds somehow odd, but then again common sense wise if you are pushing a child on a swing after one push does it really take three more to double the amplitude?? Don't know, I'll give it 50/50, or less

Ciao,

Paul Duffy

Last edited by ZPDM; 08-11-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hello Z,

Big thanks to you for sharing your very instructional videos demonstrating the basic working principles of the ZFM. A lot of very interesting information contained within your experiments.

Keep up the effort,
                          Yaro
                          Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
                            Hello Z,

Big thanks to you for sharing your very instructional videos demonstrating the basic working principles of the ZFM. A lot of very interesting information contained within your experiments.

Keep up the effort,
                            Yaro
                            Hey Yaro, had a lot of fun and appreciate the encouragement. We may not be there yet but certainly some progress, enough for me for now, maybe I'll return to it at some point in future. Finally thought to look up the "imaginary" lines of force around a magnet. Click image for larger version

Name:	bar-magnet-magnetic-field.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	48969
                            That's why it pulls through the Bloch wall. It may be a stretch but "A field" FarAday field? It cracked me up when I was driving to realize the "imaginary" lines of force extend 360 degrees all around an electromagnet. Now this wouldn't work with a core shaped to the rotor as was seen at the conference and I don't intend to try this anytime soon, but if you were using a straight coil you could put a second rotor 180 degrees opposite your first, like using the unused end of the coil in an SSG, but now you could also put a rotor on top, and on the bottom. In fact, unless or until the magnets on the separate rotors started interfering with each other you could just line as many rotors up as would fit all around the coil, wouldn't that be a hoot? The majority of lines of force are still untapped. Sort of like considering on a summer day that the power the sun is putting out isn't just over all the Earth it is also at the same time over the whole path the Earth travels in its yearly orbit and over the whole sphere with that same diameter.

When you build this thing you can see it has seemingly no resistance other than the bearings. My build, well the rotor wasn't balanced, the magnets weren't perfectly spaced and it still, for my standards, flew. If it was precision built and on good bearings I can see how it could tear itself apart if unloaded, so my nickname for the machine is Bedini's Standing Wave Rotor. Last thing, for running on imaginary lines of force, I think, I thought I saw it, spin, hehe. It is disturbing to find error in the so called basic sciences, then again I don't think Faraday considered the force lines imaginary, nor Maxwell. When you are worried that the imaginary force lines might imaginarily throw an imaginary magnet off and hit you in the head like Goliath it seems a bit delusional to stick with the "oh the interesting stuff is well it is just imaginary ... run along now". Even more than medicine, it just ticks me off to see the "hard sciences" filled with BS over the important stuff. /rant off Great to hear from you Yaro.
                            Last edited by ZPDM; 08-14-2016, 11:01 PM.

Comment

ZFM Progress Update

Hello to all,

Busy month of August with many diversions from the ZFM project, however progress has been made on the design with several pieces put into motion.

Through the efforts of RS the individual toroid coil resistances have been nailed down to 3.1 ohms, mind you, there probably is some resistance in the original terminal strips to account for. The original measurement on the conference demo ZFM came in at 2.5 ohms. The 3/4" Neo magnet configuration of the rotor has been verified as NSNS - assumption is that the magnets are circular.

The Aluminum rotor diameter has been set at 2.50" OD and the keyed alloy steel shaft has been set at 1/2" OD. The shaft bearings are standard NTN good for 11,000 rpm with nominal loading. The 4 Neos will be mounted in machined slots in the rotor.

The motor body and coil holder have been designed with easily located 4" sch 40 CVPC water pipe and flat end caps. Since the toroid coils are wound over a 90 degree arc it is a bit challenging to create a smooth coil. In this iteration the 2 coils were first wound with 4 - 80ft strands of #20 wire and a clearance check with the rotor diameter forced a wire length reduction in the toroids to about 70ft per strand for a total wire length of 280 ft.

RS provided the Bipolar switch schematics and James McDonald reverse engineered the original conference pics and verified the circuit. James will be building the circuit and mounting plate for this ZFM effort.

At this time holding off with the pics and specific design details until the parts come together and the structural integrity of the design is proofed through a couple of simple test runs. Expect all this to come together late September or early October, barring any unforeseen speed bumps.

Bear in mind that this ZFM replication is not a toy and has been designed to be easily modified and upgraded.

A tip of the hat to JB for his encouragement and assistance.

Over and out for Labor Day,
                              Yaro
                              Last edited by Yaro1776; 09-05-2016, 04:42 AM. Reason: Typo "McDonald"
                              Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Completed ZFM Motor Proto

Hello all,

Been a hectic late summer and the ZFM motor project is finally coming together. The reverse engineered motor is complete for the time being.

As outlined in previous posts this replication has been designed out of plastic water pipe and fittings available in the US at True Value or Ace hardware, the exceptions being the shaft, rotor and timing wheel machined at a local shop. Other parts are all obtained from internet suppliers.

The entire assembly has been designed for ease of fabrication with common and readily available tools. Easy to modify and reassemble as needed.

The proto ZFM motor assembly still requires some minor tuning and alignment. Next step is to work with the timing wheel and the reed switches for firing the running circuit. The firing/control circuit is in process of being completed as the month progresses and it is anticipated that the first rotation tests for proofing the ZFM will happen then.

Attached are several pics of the completed motor.... Patience!

Yaro
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160930_155723_777.jpg
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	49013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161011_131057_801.jpg
Size:	715.0 KB
ID:	49014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161016_073752_626.jpg
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	49015
                                Yaro

Comment

Working...
                                X