• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170225_224615_256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	955.8 KB
ID:	49320 Kablooey at 27k rpm's.. I was running on the Bedini/Cole Half Sequential Bipolar circuit at 32 volts with trigger coil. The magnets are only super glued. The rotor is printed at 20% infill in pla with 1mm thick walls. It started with one magnet ripping out of place, taking a chunk of rotor with it, from the centripetal force. The good news is everything else appears to be intact. Two of six rotor magnets survived. It is amazing the difference that it made between the two circuits. The SG circuit barely got the rotor to 4.5k rpm's on this setup at 32 volts.

Delisted from Thingiverse. Even with the disclaimer in place I feel it was too dangerous for the gp.

DMann

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6018[/ATTACH] Kablooey at 27k rpm's.. I was running on the Bedini/Cole Half Sequential Bipolar circuit at 32 volts with trigger coil. The magnets are only super glued. The rotor is printed at 20% infill in pla with 1mm thick walls. It started with one magnet ripping out of place, taking a chunk of rotor with it, from the centripetal force. The good news is everything else appears to be intact. Two of six rotor magnets survived. It is amazing the difference that it made between the two circuits. The SG circuit barely got the rotor to 4.5k rpm's on this setup at 32 volts.

Delisted from Thingiverse. Even with the disclaimer in place I feel it was too dangerous for the gp.

DMann
      1mm holding in the magnets... that's crazy strong. I'm surprised you even made it to 5k. Yup, that Bedini/Cole ckt is pretty amazing, when you switch it "mechanically" it's even more efficient. Have you tried the ckt Dadhav used in one of his later videos that charges with current rather than the spike? JB and I had some possessive interactions on that one. You have to play with all the variables... problem is it is extremely difficult to tune (most have problems tuning the SSG), however, I mention it because it is much easier with the low resistance maglev.
      KR - Patrick

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170302_121132_883.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	49364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170302_121648_535.jpg
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	49365 I have it up and going again. This thing screams. I have it on an SSG circuit. I have four 12V lawn batteries in parallel on the back end. The primary is the same 32V power supply from the video. The rpm's increased from around 13.5k. As the batteries began to charge it gradually increased to over 20k. I beefed the rotor print up to 1.2mm from 1mm thick walls.

Mann

Comment

I redesigned the rotor to cover the magnets and relisted this file: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2149044

Enjoy
          DMann

Comment

now how to get work out of it... with a magnetic bearing you would need a magnetic clutch on one end so the bearing will continue to float and you can get work out of it., that would turn a heck of a lot of generator..
            Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
              now how to get work out of it... with a magnetic bearing you would need a magnetic clutch on one end so the bearing will continue to float and you can get work out of it., that would turn a heck of a lot of generator..
              Tom C
              Why would you need to mechanically couple to the shaft? Why not just add some genny coils close to the rotor?

Comment

There are many possibilities here. At a minimum I hope it gives someone inspiration.

Mann

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6122[/ATTACH] I have it up and going again. This thing screams. I have it on an SSG circuit. I have four 12V lawn batteries in parallel on the back end. The primary is the same 32V power supply from the video. The rpm's increased from around 13.5k. As the batteries began to charge it gradually increased to over 20k. I beefed the rotor print up to 1.2mm from 1mm thick walls.

Mann
                  You B crazy man crazy :-) only .2mm increase - takes guts.
                  R U spinning it around 40k then?
                  KR - Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                    You B crazy man crazy :-) only .2mm increase - takes guts.
                    R U spinning it around 40k then?
                    KR - Patrick
                    I have not hooked it back up to the B/C circuit yet. I'm probably going to have to build a blast box for that. The plastic surrounding the magnets is about double now. I have them completely encased in the new design. I hope some others build it and share their experiences. There is a lot of interaction of magnetic flux in this device.

20k+ on a single TIP41c NPN transistor is awesome. The only real heat is in the 1/2w 680 ohm resistor for the trigger. It does not get hot enough that you can't touch it. The variable 0-5k ohm resistor does not seem to heat up. The transistor only gets room temp. I have two 1N4007's in parallel for the output. I am using 4 - 120' lengths of #29 awg for the power wire and 2 - 120' lengths of #31 awg for the trigger. They all tie into the single transistor SSG circuit. You can see from the pics that there is plenty of room for more wire. Generator coils could also be added.

I can't imagine what could be achieved with a higher powered system or if someone decided to print a 200% scale model.
                    The glass cap can be placed on the other side if someone wanted to install another safety precaution. I left it open for possible add-ons in the future.
                    I will be out of the loop for the weekend. Work is calling.

Have Fun Experimenting
                    DMann

Comment

Im inspired. Nice work.

There are many possibilities here. At a minimum I hope it gives someone inspiration.

Mann
                      Cant spend it when your dead.

Comment

Reed Switch Holder added to http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1676878 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_245205_662 (1).jpg
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	49419

Comment

HI Dmann,
                          Just wanted to say nice work on all of this you have been putting together and it's very kind of you to make available for others.

My printer is due for delivery tomorrow, Prusa i3 mk2. Of course I have things I want to make of my own design but I will probably replicate your window build after I get some of my own stuff worked out. I'm struggling with design right now. In the past I used the cad program that the machine shop provided and very little of that translates to other software. It really sucks when you know what you want to do and how it should be done but just can't figure the software out to make it happen. I'm not new to the concepts is what I mean. I tried various free software and now I'm trying fusion360 which seems to be the best that I have tried but there is a learning curve.

Comment

Reed Switch Holder added to http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1676878 [ATTACH=CONFIG]6196[/ATTACH]
                            Nice work.
                            I will print this prototype asap and post my results too.

Thanks for sharing your works

Comment

Hi Dough,

Awesome print!
                              I've printed this version and am awaiting the ordered parts.

What will be the required magnet sizes for the 200% version, would they need to be custom made?

Regards,
                              Raymundo

Comment

Originally posted by Mundo81 View Post
                                Hi Dough,

Awesome print!
                                I've printed this version and am awaiting the ordered parts.

What will be the required magnet sizes for the 200% version, would they need to be custom made?

Regards,
                                Raymundo
                                I'm glad that you like it. 200% should be 4" X 1" X .5" http://www.magnet4less.com/product_i...products_id=80

I just loaded a metric version that should make it easier for those across seas to source parts. The file is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2616749

Enjoy
                                Doug

Comment

Working...
                                X