No announcement yet.

3D Printed Window Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an opportunity to print the latest BC Window motor file today. I got to say that I think it turned out beautiful. It is much more robust than the original design using the tabs in the four corners. It also allows more mounting options as you can remove the gray parts and just use the four holes on the bearing ends. I just need to throw some wire on and give it a circuit and it will be ready for experimenting. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171109_195154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	703.1 KB
ID:	49630

Comment

Nice one!!

Comment

so with that rotor, if you have a little pole indicator, please see if there is a null between the magnets, one thing john always said about window motor rotors is that you need the coils to really be off(no magnetic induction) so that the field can completely die.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

That would probably have to be achieved with external reed/hall switching for this setup instead of the induction coil triggering.
          I would have to say without using an indicator that the fields most likely overlap or but up to one another. It could probably be reduced to 2 pole to fix it.

Does Teslagenx have plans to sale the Bedini/Cole circuit for Window Motors or Zero Force Motors in the future?

Doug
          Last edited by DMANN; 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hi,
            I have used this OpAmp circuit to measure magnet fields for many years....

http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magmetr1.htm

i have used various linear hall effect sensors, this two work good, but other output sensitivity's may work better.

http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Produ...s/A1301-2.aspx

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBmaDqj578&t=2s & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOWLWe9HEMw
              I can't imagine that there is any null between these magnets either. Although they are ceramic they are still large, strong, and relatively close together. You can see that they are triggered by smaller diameter magnets using hall switching.

Comment

Doug,

to answer your question yes we are working on both a half bipolar and a full bipolar circuit board kit. we are almost finished with our full Tesla switch kit and this will be next. we tend to do a lot of testing before we ship something.

I will p.m. you when we have one ready.

now to the magnetic field lines and magnet /coil interaction. when I built my first window motor it would not rotate at all. I brought it to john, he said my magnets (neo) were too powerful. he said you want the edge of the detectable field in gauss ( not sure how strong) of the pole of the magnet to just touch the outer edge of the window motor coil. and he wanted the filed lines to completely disappear from interacting with the coil where they overlap. this may have to do with electron flow directionally in the open circuit but I do not know. it is how the window motor becomes more efficient. I have not played with them much other than that. for effect he took a screwdriver and slowly worked it closer to the rotor, when the metal started interacting, he said that was where I wanted the back winding edge of the coil.

with the one I built he said I needed my coils 9 inches from the magnet on either side. considering this was a 4 inch rotor it would have been unmanageable. now its just a 400 dollar scary magnetic rotor that I am not sure what to do with, so it sits in a box away from other things. it pulls screws in from 10 inches away. really bad design on my part, but I was working from ignorance.

Tom C

Comment

And then we have DadHav's build with the neo's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVtGxSYdhU He is running this motor from the Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit with wire triggering on capacitors. I have to be honest, his build was at least in some part inspiration for my small 3d printed design. His magnets appear to be the same size as mine with the same spacing. I'm sure his build is much more precision than mine. He also used all nonmagnetic material to include the shaft (stainless steel) and bearings (ceramic) where I used chrome plated steel. He is even able to run it from a Tesla coil with electrical transmission through the air!! Holy Cow!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqgjeN3Jnj8&t=518s

I did the screwdriver trick with mine. It noticeably begins to interact about an inch past the outer diameter of my coil. I can say that at 12V+ I am certain that it has enough torque to replace the DC motor in the 1984 setup running on the Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit.

Doug

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
                      Very nice!
                      care to elaborate :-) what's running what or charging etc... or are you merely having a good time spinning things :-)

In kind of a response to what you note is similar to Dadhav's build. Dadhav built according to a video JB had posted of a windowmotor running on Caps. JB never said that build was OU much less U. JB did however mention at one time that the geometry was all wrong if you were looking for OU. He was not referencing Dadhav's build but Rick F's which is very similar if not the same.
                      Sincerely,
                      Patrick A.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Just spinning for now. I had to get the parts printed and lined up to get it all linked together. The window motor is running with a two transistor basic Bedini SSG. The bottom is going to have to be reworked to be used as an energizer. The spikes from the window motor coils are only at 80 volts. I would say that it is definitely more of a motor than an energizer with the way it is currently running.

Rick's Small Window Motor: His magnets are the same length and width but they are a 16th of an inch thick. They are butted directly against one another. He is using a mosfet circuit triggered by a hall switch on souths only. It is neat to see that it spins easily up to 10k + rpms. I think that Gerard Morin is doing something along the same lines but has a high frequency generator linked up to the shaft of a brushless motor.

I just want to use my window motor as the prime mover in my setup here. I was hoping that I could get better efficiency than an off the shelf dc motor or even Matt's scooter motor. But I am going for the same end result which is something that resembles the 1984 setup.

Doug Mann
                        Last edited by DMANN; 12-02-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

That's really really nice, and a lot of printed parts....

I cant wait to see this running from a full H bridge Bedini/Cole circuit.... and some of the the genny coils output feeding a big cap that is running the Bedini/Cole circuit.........

Comment

I did this update video for the latest setup. There won't be anything else posted from me till after the first of the year. So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Apbifed6cvBmauMlNWM8JmgT4Xg

Doug Mann

Comment

Doug,

I am sure a bunch of us would love to see this at the next conference. if you are coming I will give you a spot at the teslagenx booth to display it if you want!!

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
                                I did this update video for the latest setup. There won't be anything else posted from me till after the first of the year. So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Apbifed6cvBmauMlNWM8JmgT4Xg

Doug Mann
                                I'm love'n this build Doug!
                                Do you think the rubber bands ran smoother or is that just my perception loss from the video?
                                -Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X