Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: 3D Printed Window Motor

  1. #61
    IMG_20170225_224615_256.jpg Kablooey at 27k rpm's.. I was running on the Bedini/Cole Half Sequential Bipolar circuit at 32 volts with trigger coil. The magnets are only super glued. The rotor is printed at 20% infill in pla with 1mm thick walls. It started with one magnet ripping out of place, taking a chunk of rotor with it, from the centripetal force. The good news is everything else appears to be intact. Two of six rotor magnets survived. It is amazing the difference that it made between the two circuits. The SG circuit barely got the rotor to 4.5k rpm's on this setup at 32 volts.

    Delisted from Thingiverse. Even with the disclaimer in place I feel it was too dangerous for the gp.

    DMann

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    IMG_20170225_224615_256.jpg Kablooey at 27k rpm's.. I was running on the Bedini/Cole Half Sequential Bipolar circuit at 32 volts with trigger coil. The magnets are only super glued. The rotor is printed at 20% infill in pla with 1mm thick walls. It started with one magnet ripping out of place, taking a chunk of rotor with it, from the centripetal force. The good news is everything else appears to be intact. Two of six rotor magnets survived. It is amazing the difference that it made between the two circuits. The SG circuit barely got the rotor to 4.5k rpm's on this setup at 32 volts.

    Delisted from Thingiverse. Even with the disclaimer in place I feel it was too dangerous for the gp.

    DMann
    1mm holding in the magnets... that's crazy strong. I'm surprised you even made it to 5k. Yup, that Bedini/Cole ckt is pretty amazing, when you switch it "mechanically" it's even more efficient. Have you tried the ckt Dadhav used in one of his later videos that charges with current rather than the spike? JB and I had some possessive interactions on that one. You have to play with all the variables... problem is it is extremely difficult to tune (most have problems tuning the SSG), however, I mention it because it is much easier with the low resistance maglev.
    KR - Patrick

  3. #63
    IMG_20170302_121132_883.jpgIMG_20170302_121648_535.jpg I have it up and going again. This thing screams. I have it on an SSG circuit. I have four 12V lawn batteries in parallel on the back end. The primary is the same 32V power supply from the video. The rpm's increased from around 13.5k. As the batteries began to charge it gradually increased to over 20k. I beefed the rotor print up to 1.2mm from 1mm thick walls.

    Mann

  4. #64
    I redesigned the rotor to cover the magnets and relisted this file: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2149044

    Enjoy
    DMann

  5. #65
    Senior Member Tom C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,888
    now how to get work out of it... with a magnetic bearing you would need a magnetic clutch on one end so the bearing will continue to float and you can get work out of it., that would turn a heck of a lot of generator..
    Tom C


    experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    now how to get work out of it... with a magnetic bearing you would need a magnetic clutch on one end so the bearing will continue to float and you can get work out of it., that would turn a heck of a lot of generator..
    Tom C
    Why would you need to mechanically couple to the shaft? Why not just add some genny coils close to the rotor?
    Gary Hammond,

  7. #67
    There are many possibilities here. At a minimum I hope it gives someone inspiration.

    Mann

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    IMG_20170302_121132_883.jpgIMG_20170302_121648_535.jpg I have it up and going again. This thing screams. I have it on an SSG circuit. I have four 12V lawn batteries in parallel on the back end. The primary is the same 32V power supply from the video. The rpm's increased from around 13.5k. As the batteries began to charge it gradually increased to over 20k. I beefed the rotor print up to 1.2mm from 1mm thick walls.

    Mann
    You B crazy man crazy :-) only .2mm increase - takes guts.
    R U spinning it around 40k then?
    KR - Patrick

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    You B crazy man crazy :-) only .2mm increase - takes guts.
    R U spinning it around 40k then?
    KR - Patrick
    I have not hooked it back up to the B/C circuit yet. I'm probably going to have to build a blast box for that. The plastic surrounding the magnets is about double now. I have them completely encased in the new design. I hope some others build it and share their experiences. There is a lot of interaction of magnetic flux in this device.

    20k+ on a single TIP41c NPN transistor is awesome. The only real heat is in the 1/2w 680 ohm resistor for the trigger. It does not get hot enough that you can't touch it. The variable 0-5k ohm resistor does not seem to heat up. The transistor only gets room temp. I have two 1N4007's in parallel for the output. I am using 4 - 120' lengths of #29 awg for the power wire and 2 - 120' lengths of #31 awg for the trigger. They all tie into the single transistor SSG circuit. You can see from the pics that there is plenty of room for more wire. Generator coils could also be added.

    I can't imagine what could be achieved with a higher powered system or if someone decided to print a 200% scale model.
    The glass cap can be placed on the other side if someone wanted to install another safety precaution. I left it open for possible add-ons in the future.
    I will be out of the loop for the weekend. Work is calling.

    Have Fun Experimenting
    DMann

  10. #70
    Im inspired. Nice work.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMANN View Post
    There are many possibilities here. At a minimum I hope it gives someone inspiration.

    Mann

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •