Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Great work Doug. That thing screams!

Will you be updating the circuit with the Bedini/Cole circuit, or just staying with the SSG circuit?

John K.
    Hey John. The small one, for me, is more of just a novelty or toy. I may just keep the ssg circuit on this one. If someone else wants to print this and show some results with other circuits by all means go for it. Here is a list of the parts and my print settings.

1/8" X 3/8" X 9/64" Bearings sourced from VXB Bearings

1/8" Brass Rod sourced from Lowe's Home Improvement

6-32 X 3/4" Stainless bolts, 6-32 stainless nuts, and #6 stainless washers sourced from Lowe's Home Improvement

1" X 1/4" X 1/8" neo magnets sourced from Applied Magnets

My printed parts were printed on my Printrbot Play with PLA plastic at .2mm layer height. The walls are set at 1.2mm thick. The infill is set at 30%. Cura is the software that I used to convert my stl's. I scaled my parts to .504 of the original file for the micro motor. I used a 1/8" drill bit to clean the holes out for all of the parts. The bolts fit good in the holes without nuts. I only used the nuts on top of the motor for mounting the circuit. You may want to lightly sand the edges that the wire will be touching to smooth them over. They are fairly sharp. Note: The bearings are a tight fit so be careful inserting them.

I realize not everyone has a 3D printer. I would be fine with TeslagenX printing these and making them available if you or anyone is interested.

Doug Mann
    Last edited by DMANN; 08-06-2016, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I just wanted to share an update video with the window motor using the Half Sequential Bipolar Circuit. I only have the fwbr tied back to the run battery at this time. No recovery efforts yet with cap pulsing or secondary battery charging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95PVtz1xQc
      http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1676878

Doug

Comment

Up and running with the Bedini Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm88KIe_vec
        3477 rpm's 300 ma draw on a 12 volt transformer
        It may be a week or two before I am able to give any more updates at this point.
        I still need to play with the resistor values a bit. I just got it up and running where it is not scorching my transistors.
        I need to get a good flywheel and capacitor pulse circuit on it to see what kind of recovery I can get with it.

Doug

Comment

Hey. I just wanted to give an update. I am still using the trigger coils on the Bedini/ Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. I increased the trigger resistance from 22 ohms to 4.7k ohms. This allows the maximum rpm's to go from 3477 to 4250 with the 12 volt transformer. That also reduced the heat on the PNP's to room temp. I still use the 22 ohm resistors to get the motor up to speed before manually switching to the 4.7K ohm resistors. I am assuming that the 4.7k ohm resistor gives a sharper trigger pulse with the trigger wires.

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
            Hey. I just wanted to give an update. I am still using the trigger coils on the Bedini/ Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. I increased the trigger resistance from 22 ohms to 4.7k ohms. This allows the maximum rpm's to go from 3477 to 4250 with the 12 volt transformer. That also reduced the heat on the PNP's to room temp. I still use the 22 ohm resistors to get the motor up to speed before manually switching to the 4.7K ohm resistors. I am assuming that the 4.7k ohm resistor gives a sharper trigger pulse with the trigger wires.
            Wow, watched the last video and was impressed now it is almost 1000 rpms faster and PNPs are not as hot. Curious finding with on time and rpms. Many thanks for putting your work on thingaverse.

Comment

So, I tried a four battery setup splitting the positives on the Bedini/ Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. I used four EverStart 230 CCA batteries ($20/ea). I had some interesting results on a twelve hour run. Here is the schematic. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160818_121322_357 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	48974

At 10:30 PM on 08/17/2016 I began the observation period. The series batteries measured 24.8 Volts and the parallel batteries measured 12.59.

At 10:30 AM on 08/18/2016 the observation period ended. The series batteries measured 24.5 Volts and the parallel batteries measured 12.73.

The rpm's did increase from the beginning to the end from 4080 to 4110. The resting voltages on the batteries went from 24.9 V to 24.8 V on the series batteries and from 12.47 V to 12.55 V on the parallel batteries. The beginning voltages were taken before the run. The resting voltages were taken after a 30 minute rest period.

There is no flywheel on this motor. The other thing to note is the 4.7k ohm resistors are replacing the 22 ohm resistors in the schematic.
              Last edited by DMANN; 08-18-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Nice work DMANN

John K.

Comment

Thanks John K! I wanted to let everyone know that I just added two objects to the Thingiverse file for the Window Motor. One file includes a 3 to 1 turn rubber band pulley system. The other file is the magnet disc for triggering which can also double as the small pulley in the 3 to 1 pulley system. The magnets that fit in this disc are .25" square. Be extra careful drilling out the tubes for the .25" shaft with your drill bit

Doug

Comment

Hey all. I am in the process of engineering a mechanical capacitor pulse system, on a third module, to attach to these two modules. Here is a picture of the two Window motor modules attached together. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160823_223758_298.jpg
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	48975
                    With the rubber band pulley system on a 1 - 1 ratio the rotors spin at 3660 rpm's. At that speed each of the two Bedini Cole Full Sequential Bipolar circuits have a voltage output at the fwbr of 11.3 volts. Would it be feasible to use a Full Wave Cockcroft Walton Voltage Multiplier to get my voltages up above the battery voltages, collect in a capacitor, and pulse to the batteries?

DMann

Comment

I added two more objects to the Thingiverse file http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1676878 for the Window Motor. One is a 7 to 1 ratio rubber band pulley system. The other is a single .25" square magnet shaft for capacitor discharge. Here is a video of the most current set-up. I have plans for further reduction in spin for a final stack module to 60 rpm.

DMann
                      Last edited by DMANN; 08-28-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I just added two new pulleys to the Thingiverse file. One is 3.5" and one is 5". I can not print the 5 on my printer but I figured someone may want to try a bigger pulley. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

DMann

Comment

I got in a couple of surplus ceramic capacitors (2KV @10MF) and decided to push them with some negative ion modules that I got from china. I fed them from the fwbr's coming from the two circuits to the positive end of the run batteries on the four battery system for the Bedini Cole Full Sequential Bipolar circuits.

Pictures of the result: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160901_203224_845.jpg
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	48995

The negative Ionizer: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160901_203534_377.jpg
Size:	512.3 KB
ID:	48996

Doug
                          Last edited by DMANN; 09-01-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Wow Doug! kablooey!

did it frighten the pants off you when they blew?

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                              Wow Doug! kablooey!

did it frighten the pants off you when they blew?

John K.
                              No John K, it just hurt my feelings at $10 each. I shorted them a few times earlier just to see the spark before I looped it back to the system. They give off a strong spark at about 20 seconds with the voltage multiplier (neg ion module) feeding them. I ordered a couple more to hook up to my pulley pulse system when I get that done. They may be too large for my system. They did not blow at the same time. One took about an hour and the other was closer to two hours. I learned a couple of things during the experiment though and one was the anatomy of a doorknob capacitor.

Doug

Comment

I can print the STL. probably 6 bucks to ship it to you; let me know

service@teslagenx.com

Tom C

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
                                I just added two new pulleys to the Thingiverse file. One is 3.5" and one is 5". I can not print the 5 on my printer but I figured someone may want to try a bigger pulley. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

DMann

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X