Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lman View Post
    Hi min2oly,

No, unfortunately I have no other information than what is out there on the net.
    But ever since I watched EFTV22 I was wondering how Baldinelli "fits into the picture" as J.B. mentioned about him and his charger in relation to the Tesla switch. Seems to me Baldinelli provoked all the thoughts about switching techniques later.
    In the first post on the thread at energeticforum Aaron posted : "it appears that the "Tesla Switch" was Ronald Brandt's attempt at working with Baldinelli's Dual Relay Charger."
    One of the Tesla switch versions built by John Bedini and Eike Mueller was done with a relay as can be seen on the last picture on this link.
    http://www.icehouse.net/john1/pictures.html
    And just these days I noticed a diagram given in the book "Experiments with a Kromrey and Brand-Tesla converter" that it has been a 3PDT relay that they used.

I find the article about Baldinelli very very interesting. It does not tells us how it is done of course, but gives enough information if you think. For example it says "dual relay charger capable of creating AC power from a 12-volt battery." If it was just single battery we know now that this is possible too. Especially with the last three circuits that John shared here :
    http://www.icehouse.net/john1/tesla.html
    Further the article says "can power an automobile or provide 1000 to 1500 volts - enough to illuminate a house." We know that we can't get that high potential just from the battery and later in the article we read that the "device developed through his attempt to improve the automobile alternator". So, inductor is involved, the spike for sure .
    Other things mentioned : "battery charger that has AC power"; "about the same size as an automobile battery"; "The device is solid state", Gallucio says. “It has not moving parts. No chemicals, no batteries or fuel cells. The materials and parts are readily available and the output can be varied by changing the size of the device". ; "powered the vehicle without depleting the battery".

Anyway, you are right and I too have not seen anyone do it the way you did it using the SSG. Not to mention that we still can charge another battery/ies and do other things.

I was thinkering once with dual SPDT relays and single battery, but I was having the concept totally wrong since I was trying to get the spikes out of the relays to charge the battery and soon I left it aside getting distracted by other things.

Regards

Lman
    Thanks Lman!
    This is already tons more information than I had - and thanks for stitching the story together like that. Seems like I've read all this stuff and never put it all together the way you just did - Awesome!
    So, were any of these people using LATCHING relays? This is the key to low "cost" switching here. A tiny low voltage pulse makes the switch. a regular relay has to push constant current on the relay coil in order to maintain contact.
    Kind regards - Patrick A.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
      I've not seen anyone do it this way:

You can also use a micro controller as a switch rather than the mechanical reeds I'm using here. The schematic would be the same just add micro controller to the DPDT relay's...
      Having fun - Patrick A
      Here it is running, no real measurements. I have only been able to run it a couple hours at a time here and there. So far the batteries have not lost more than a 10th of a volt while they have easily charged up the transparent crystal battery twice:

ps - where I said 8 1/2 volts I meant 10 1/2 volts...

Comment

Working...
      X