No announcement yet.

INTRODUCING MYSELF /remarks on the incredible effects of solar proton events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTRODUCING MYSELF /remarks on the incredible effects of solar proton events

to read my introduction, please see second version of this thread with the same title...
    (uncorrected draft)
    I was unable to deleted this post after I had published it twice by mistake. So I`m gonna use it now for my main article: However the title sounds very complicated, but compoliocated are only the circumstances. so i will try to make it as short and simple as possible . And in fact- it just deals with a short moment in history called the 26th solar sun spot cycle- and so its nothing else than a story I will try to make some suspenseful, that it hopefully becomes interesting to read. Its now about midnight (00 UTC) in Europe and just this damned DSL cable had again a bad contact so my first update was gone (how often do "they" want me to buy such a f*** bad new internet cable? All 2 years or so?) So I will safe my postings first in a text editor

Lets start... But where resp " when" should I begin?

Early in 2010, BP had the most powerful Blow out recorded ever, that in real destroyed an entire system of pipelines yet mounted on the seaground of the "Macando prospect" in the gulf of Mexico- an interesting weird place surrounded by 5 or 6 giant salt domes with an unknown depth likely remnant of an old shield volcano system in the region formerly also known as the " Florida fault". However- in 2009. with the first of two wells there (borehole A") BP had set with about 35.000 feet below sea surface ( about 11 km) a new record of deep drilling.

later in 2010- NASA lounched SDO as part of the biggest solar observation project in human history. so what has the one thing to do with the other?

Shortly told, that:

But BP had - by mistake or intendedly obviously had drilled into one of them, the " Beloxi" saltdome. And- (this was the story one crew member told "where the driller got stucked" see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1a...BD01C02E21CC33 ) soon after BP had one blow out after another there . They´tried everything and pumped all, what they had , highest amounts of material into that hole (in the saltdome...) ". But- in February 2010 ( shortly before they began to drill (what likely already was for relief) well "B" BP had to inform the MMS ( that "cracks have formed out around the borehole and in the formation below, and the formation seems to become more and more fragile, while more and gas and oil are surging through the formation to the surface.) The whistle blower who then in 2010 published that story of the " giant hole"- Matt Simmons died just days later on a heart attack...
    But- what was told and shown to the public was just the explosion on the deepwater Horizon and then for some month a leaking wellhead emmiting -as i remember about 800 Million liters of crude oil at that time. For month all said : this leak cannot be closed...

But after an intervention of Downing Street Nr 10 and the White house, who decided end of July 2010 then to " shut down" the well- suddenly then it was closed form one day to another with something they called " top hat Nr 10"...( the prime minister may have donated himself) okay so good. But soon after- first just nearby to borehole B, a little bit of oil began to leak through the seafloor. The congress ordered to " observe that leak" with rovs. but the leaks in the sea floor became more and more the coming days...

However these rovs images had to be posted for the public and also allowed a first and breathtaking view on what happens on the sea floor. From this day on many people and some all day long sat on their PC, watching "weird scenes on a sea floor" and became witnesses of was going on there after august 2010. The most wellknown one called his youtube channel" Bee Pee OIl Disaster...was....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4c...EJ4uhBTcdtvsdQ

But just not even one week after borehole B was capped, on August 03 2010 the pressure from below suddenly and visibly again began to increase , the situation became more and more dramatic until even fire seemed to come out form the installation on top of the blow out preventer at Borehole "B" Soon later an giant explosion rocked the entire area in the gulf of mexico. What all happened is not known but also the around 300 tons weighting blow out preventer at Borehole A was torn apart by that pressure from below. Later rov images show that its main part was found in as distance of about 4, 5 miles to borehole A.

So from that moment on PB moved all it capacities all about 7 rovs from Boreholw B ( deepwater horizin) to the record Borehole A ( which is about 70 meter away form Bh B) where began what best could be described as a kind of moby **** story ( men against saltdome") In late October then, BP could close its borehole, as the pressure had just found another way out..

so here we are at the point: what has that to do with the SDO solar observer? Well- that giant explosions on August 3 and 7 occured during a larger solar event.
    But more exactly:it was not only a serial of stronger rotating and polarized CMEs..

The proton events in August 2010 were the first major (serial) of Solar proton events in 2010 towards the peak of the 26th Sun spot cycle. SPE occure mostly in serials .

There was just one before in June 2010 I can show you here. But it was rather a weak and first rather isolated event:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20100612_proton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	51325

( here all related plot of 2010, available though NASA/ NOAA via by GOES 13 and 15)
    remark: Protons values are always equivalent to the electron values: if proton values rise ,electron values will drop and opposite. So the instruments on GOES show the events but cannot give true information about the real, actual particle charge in the geomagnetic field , resp the earth receives with these events ...

ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/warehouse/2010/2010_plots/

they have to be downloaded as zip files...So here the uploaded proton plot from August 03 2010 the day that first eruptions rocked the sea floor and was filmed by BPs rovs:

Name:	20100804_proton.jpg
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	51324

The next subsea eruption occured just some days later-. on August 07/ 08 2010 , and here is the proton plot for these days you can see it has a different course : less proton density but longer duration...)

Name:	20100809_proton.jpg
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	51326

--so okay that should be enough for the first day

no stop here some video i have made form the rovs and the events in 2010 around the BP clean up those show those eruptions . I have still hours of raw material . But the first ones from august 2010 were deleted by youtube due to some invented "copyright issues" I have it still on my pc
    That ones here is mainly from laster august - September 2010. I just could leave two from 5 on youtube: Its not worth If I would draw problmes to myself

to be continued...
    Last edited by Helmut Hummel; 05-23-2016, 05:50 PM. Reason: posted twice
Working...
X