Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.W.A.N.O. View Post
    Hi Faraday88,
    thanks for the compliments and reassurance, i hope the mosfets will hold (they look kinda fake - my fault, should have ordered the ones listed as genuine and may
    have to do so at a later date).

I matched them for Vgs at about 0,5 amp and again at something like 0,8 amp current. I'm curious if they should be matched at higher currents for use in a cap pulser.

Recently, i've had my own encounter with blown things, only it was not without glow (not my fault though) - nasty white sparking (more like fire) on the stuck brushes
    of a forklift motor which scorched the commutator made me spend hours in uncomfortable positions before i filed it all clean - unfortunately the owner thought it would be
    a good idea to wash an ELECTRIC forklift with a water-jet washer - and it was not the first time he did that either. Well done...

Regards,
    f.w.a.n.o.
    Hi F.W.A.N.O,
    Yes MOSFETs are meant for cap dump purpose, you need to match them for equal current sharing or else one shall become a path of stress and soon blow out..!! these being Voltage controlled devices are relatively simpler compared to the Bipolar Transistors. they are pretty fast also..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

fwanoFWANOfwanoFWANOfwano
      Last edited by F.W.A.N.O.; 02-28-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Just found this thread.........

here is the standard Bedini Comparator Inverted Cap Pulser Sch....

works very good, you should give it a try.......
        Attached Files

Comment

fwanoFWANOfwanoFWANOfwano
          Last edited by F.W.A.N.O.; 02-28-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X