Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging Kromrey-Converter

Good Day

After careful build of a Bedini-Style-Kromrey-Converter (see photo) it does not output a single volt when running (over 800 rpm).
    Wonder whether anybody can help with hints to debug. Don't need a good performance machine, just one that works a bit to study it.
    Device Info:
    • Barium ferrite Magnets
    • non-conductive shaft
    • N-S arrangement through coil
    • upper 2 coils in series and have same winding direction. Lower 2 coils in series and have opposite winding direction than upper one.
    • around 400 turns for all coils , 0.8 Ohms for all coils in series
    • rectifier used

Thanks in advance
    Steven
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    Good Day

After careful build of a Bedini-Style-Kromrey-Converter (see photo) it does not output a single volt when running (over 800 rpm).
    Wonder whether anybody can help with hints to debug. Don't need a good performance machine, just one that works a bit to study it.
    Device Info:
    • Barium ferrite Magnets
    • non-conductive shaft
    • N-S arrangement through coil
    • upper 2 coils in series and have same winding direction. Lower 2 coils in series and have opposite winding direction than upper one.
    • around 400 turns for all coils , 0.8 Ohms for all coils in series
    • rectifier used

Thanks in advance
    Steven
    Hi Steven,
    First of all You have built a beauty! congrats for that... However, it needs to perform better than it looks...yes my clues for you: you need low impedance coils study, study Tesla's Coils for Electromagnets you need to study its geometry..there is another aspect of something called as the Zero-current coil...refer Peter's FESC Book to understand what that is.. again, the Kromrey conevertr is a complementary to the SSG Energiser... which means that the source in each case are complementary accordingly.
    Good luck in your Research..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
      Hi Steven,
      First of all You have built a beauty! congrats for that... However, it needs to perform better than it looks...yes my clues for you: you need low impedance coils study, study Tesla's Coils for Electromagnets you need to study its geometry..there is another aspect of something called as the Zero-current coil...refer Peter's FESC Book to understand what that is.. again, the Kromrey conevertr is a complementary to the SSG Energiser... which means that the source in each case are complementary accordingly.
      Good luck in your Research..
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      Faraday
      Thank you for your quick reply. Couldn't find anything about FESC but will continue looking.
      You as mentioned something about air gap importance in another thread.

I just wonder: Do the following effects come digital on the Kromrey - if I had a coil impedance issue, would I not just get a worse performance instead of nothing working at all?
      If I had an air gap that is a bit too big, would I not have worse performance than nothing at all?
      What is your opinion on that?

Regards
      Steven

Comment

Hi Steven,

........... Couldn't find anything about FESC but will continue looking.
        Regards
        Steven
        That would be this book : The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity
        by Peter A. Lindemann, D.Sc. It is available here on Peter Lindemann's web site : http://free-energy.ws/old-products/

Comment

ok

1. rectangular single stack not round pairs. you have a cancelling field in between the stacked magnets, you would be better off removing 1 stack perhaps.
          2- those coils look like they are stacked on a brass shaft, could be wrong just cannot see it real well. there is no coupling that can happen. when the coils are over the magnets. the coil cores form a magnetic loop.
          3 if the rods are ductile iron then your windings may be too far from the coil core, the coils total can only be .3 ohms this is done by parallel winding 3 strands, to form 1 coil winding dropping resistance.

4- the core in the coil face is radiused convex, the pole pieces on the magnets are radiused concave. .002 clearance maximum. the pole piece faces must match the diameter of the coil face. so if your coil core is 1/2 inch round your pole piece should be 1/2 inch round.

5- I assume the magnets are stacked so that the poles lock in a loop N to S to N to S coils should be the same start to finish start to finish. it should look like 1 coil if you were to draw it. if you hook them up the wrong way and you get a bucking field and nothing comes out.

Great effort. I would encourage you to get the kromrey DVD
          Last edited by Tom C; 03-14-2016, 09:21 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Faraday
            Thank you for your quick reply. Couldn't find anything about FESC but will continue looking.
            You as mentioned something about air gap importance in another thread.

I just wonder: Do the following effects come digital on the Kromrey - if I had a coil impedance issue, would I not just get a worse performance instead of nothing working at all?
            If I had an air gap that is a bit too big, would I not have worse performance than nothing at all?
            What is your opinion on that?

Regards
            Steven
            Hi Steven,

Yes Air gap is critical here since it must be as close as possible, and as i said it essentially represents the 'new' Bloch wall of the effective Magnetic Circuit.
            as far as the FESCE Book goes.... Please refer the comments made by Peter Lindeman where he describes stages of the investigation made by Tesla to find out the Nature Radiant Energy...look when you try to understand Radiant Electricity from the Magnetic perspective the G-field is the way to go... while if you try to do it from the Electric perspective...SSG is the way to go.. this leads you to know what is the link between a Magnet and a Battery...
            Next clue in addition to what Tom C points out aboiut the Coil winding to acheive the low impedance... Yes its is parallel connected but not in the literal sense of being parallell to achieve Ohmic Resistance (remember we are talking about Impedance and not resistance alone).
            you are welcome to ask for more help...appreciate your effort.. a neat craftsmanship indeed!!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            Last edited by Faraday88; 03-14-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Tom, Faraday, Gary

Thank you so much for your replies!

I found the FESCE book and downloaded it.

My air gap is indeed huge. Thanks for the exact figures 0.002 air gap and 0.3 Ohms max. , Tom

As for impedance v.s. resistance it is understood. By the way I have/watched the Bedini Kromrey DVD but did not have coil windings in parallel as I have so little space for strands anyway but will change that

My core is made of normal steel.Magnets N-S arrangements are correct.

Anyway, there are so many changes required that I am sitting here with a piece of luxury junk.

As core parts need re-build anyway I am thinking re-building a Kromrey with static coils and rotating magnets. Why - no slip rings and less pain to mechanically realize poles and magnets with small air gaps .

Any thoughts about the rotating coils v.s. rotating magnets before I start over?

Regards
              Steven

Comment

http://icehouse.net/john1/kromrey.html\

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Tom, Faraday, Gary

Thank you so much for your replies!

I found the FESCE book and downloaded it.

My air gap is indeed huge. Thanks for the exact figures 0.002 air gap and 0.3 Ohms max. , Tom

As for impedance v.s. resistance it is understood. By the way I have/watched the Bedini Kromrey DVD but did not have coil windings in parallel as I have so little space for strands anyway but will change that

My core is made of normal steel.Magnets N-S arrangements are correct.

Anyway, there are so many changes required that I am sitting here with a piece of luxury junk.

As core parts need re-build anyway I am thinking re-building a Kromrey with static coils and rotating magnets. Why - no slip rings and less pain to mechanically realize poles and magnets with small air gaps .

Any thoughts about the rotating coils v.s. rotating magnets before I start over?

Regards
                  Steven
                  Hi Steven,
                  If you have watched the DVD, observe that JB states that the efficiency of the G-Field generator can be raised from 120% to about 380% and then he goes on to say that this is affected by the Geometry of the coils...I still feel that the Stationary Magnet and Moving coil config. has some more feature with regards to the performance efficiency,as far as this 'Geometry of the coil' is concerned.
                  There is another aspect in his explanation in the way the Bloch wall is pumped (flexed) he represents it three different ways that denote the width of the flexing Bloch wall to show that it is being pumped/flexed)..does that hint you any thing...?
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Last edited by Faraday88; 03-16-2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Faraday88
                    Thanks for the Bloch wall flex hint I will check that out and watch the DVD again.
                    As for the coils, I intend to make a version as well with a coil core out of transformer metal sheet. Bought the material already.
                    Such sheet metal should reduce the magnetization losses of the coil core.
                    -> Any thoughts on that?

Comment

P.S. Farady88 please check your forum-inbox; it cant accept messages anymore as it is full

Comment

P.S. Farady88 please check your forum-inbox; it cant accept messages anymore as it is full
                        Hi Steven,
                        Thanks shall address the issue ...
                        Rgds,
                        Navneet.

Comment

Hi Steven,
                          Thanks shall address the issue ...
                          Rgds,
                          Navneet.
                          Hi Steven,
                          My inbox is ow empty....resend me the mail as i deleted all the privious one sthat might have been containing your sas well..
                          Rgds,
                          Navneet.

Comment

Faraday88
                            Thanks for the Bloch wall flex hint I will check that out and watch the DVD again.
                            As for the coils, I intend to make a version as well with a coil core out of transformer metal sheet. Bought the material already.
                            Such sheet metal should reduce the magnetization losses of the coil core.
                            -> Any thoughts on that?
                            Hi Steven,
                            you are right.... Transformer cores are ideal for this application...if could do it using Ferrite material...nothing like it...
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Steven,
                              you are right.... Transformer cores are ideal for this application...if could do it using Ferrite material...nothing like it...
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              Hi Steven/ All,

Most of us forget about the other most mysterious aspect of this Generator....ever wondered why is it called G-Field... JB is possed this question in the DVD, he does'nt emphasize
                              much on this although he gives a very brief reason for having it named it that way..
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                              X